Next Season Predictions

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Next Season Predictions

Postby elfman77 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:12 pm

I know it is a little early but I would still like to get everyone's predictions for the edc and wda in boys class a next season
elfman77
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Next Season Predictions

Postby go maji » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:41 pm

elfman77 wrote:I know it is a little early but I would still like to get everyone's predictions for the edc and wda in boys class a next season

As for the WDA

Minot- I know they lost three starters, but they still retain key contributors from this years team.

Century- Refer to above.

Legacy- This is a wild card team. They have the same kind of mystery that Davies had. Now look at them.

Bismarck- the loss of Steve Miller will hurt, but I think they can make it back to state.

Dickinson

Jamestown

Mandan

Williston

TM- They had 8 seniors this year (I think) and don't have anything in the lower ranks. If they don't make a magical run like this year, it could be a long season for the braves.

SM
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wildcat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:51 am

TIER ONE
1-2 Minot - A starting lineup coming back that will have Lund, Bolinske, Engg and KyJuan Johnson. Tough to beat.
1-2 Century - Feeney, Geiger, Leingang, among others in a large junior class. If I had to predict, I'd say it's another Minot-Century state championship game next season.

TIER TWO
3-6
Bismarck - Interesting to see adjustment to new coach. Returns a few nice pieces.
Jamestown - Returns Wanzek, Anderson, Lunzman (sixth man) and a couple of more guards they used off the bench at state. Also had a JV team that finished fourth in the WDA.
Legacy - I'm not sure what they have, but Horner is a great coach. They'll hit the ground running. No doubt about it.
Dickinson - They'll have Moody and Meidinger, which is a good start. But they lost a lot of kids, and the JV team didn't have a great season. This could hinge on how Meidinger improves in the offseason.

TIER THREE
7-10
St. Mary's - They return a lot, and Uhler is a good player. I think they're here right now, but they could be a part of the second tier.
Mandan - A few nice players, but they lose some decent kids to graduation. Interesting to see what the younger group does for Mandan. I think they could surprise.
Williston - Has to get better, but there isn't a lot around Eikens and there doesn't appear to be much help coming.
Turtle Mt. - This will be the Landyn Keplin show. Likely too inexperienced to duplicate the kind of season they had this year.

I think GFRR and Sheyenne could be the teams to beat in the East Region to start. They return the most from what I've seen. I don't know if the East will have a team on Minot or Century's level.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby elfman77 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:57 am

WDA Predictions

1A. Minot- several key players coming back from last years team
1B.Century-one of deepest teams in the state, play with great defense
3.Jamestown-very good to be senior class will be back
4.Dickinson
5.Bismarck-Should be a very interesting year now that miller has retired
6.Mandan-TONS of young talent in the program
7.Legacy-will be interesting to see how they play out
8.Williston-Very little around eikens will continue to struggle
9.st marys-just not a lot of talent in the program right now
10.Turtle Mountain-Rebuilding Year

EDC Predictions
1.Red River-Return nearly everybody except for Keplin last year will be far and away best team in conference
2.Sheyenne-Return an entire team which surprised last year look out for them in the east
3.Devils Lake -Mertens and Dahlen all edc sophomores, this will be the best team DL has had in a LONG time
4.Davies-Always seem to have a good program this year will be no different
5.West Fargo somewhat of a down year for them especially with limke leaving
6.Shanley will be Decent to above average potentially good to be sophomore class
7.South-should be somewhat improved from last year
8.North-not much else besides Hoeg and Sem
9.Wahpeton-Rebuilding year
10.Valley city-just doesn't have much, up in the air with possibility of them going to B
11.GFC-lucky if they win a game all year
elfman77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MoSiouxFan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:14 am

EDC

1. Red River Red River and Sheyenne definitely the class of the East
2. Sheyenne
3. Devils Lake
4. West Fargo
5. Davies
6. Shanley
7. Fargo North
8. Fargo South
9. Wahpeton
10. Valley City
11. G. F. Central
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby go maji » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:48 pm

MoSiouxFan wrote:EDC

2. Sheyenne
3. Devils Lake
4. West Fargo
5. Davies
6. Shanley
7. Fargo North
8. Fargo South
9. Wahpeton
10. Valley City
11. G. F. Central

Is DL going to make that big of a jump?
Same with Whap?
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:29 pm

go maji wrote:

2. Sheyenne
3. Devils Lake
4. West Fargo
5. Davies
6. Shanley
7. Fargo North
8. Fargo South
9. Wahpeton
10. Valley City
11. G. F. Central

Same with Whap?

Wahpeton loses many key players.
Devils Lake returns all their key players...

EDC will be down next year but DL should be near the top-third
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby MoSiouxFan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:20 am

go maji wrote:

2. Sheyenne
3. Devils Lake
4. West Fargo
5. Davies
6. Shanley
7. Fargo North
8. Fargo South
9. Wahpeton
10. Valley City
11. G. F. Central

Same with Whap?

Picking up on what Run said, above, Wahpeton loses four starters, including their top two scorers, and Devils Lake returns four starters, including two sophomore all-EDC players (they started three sophs this season).
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby underwater » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:39 pm

1. Red River- Almost the entire team back after a 3rd place finish at state. I think Hanson is the best returning player in the EDC.
2. Davies- Returning a strong Jr. class. I really don’t see them finishing lower than 2nd.
3. Sheyenne- Pretty good size, athleticism, and experience. Their overall team size gives them my nod over the Packers.
4. West Fargo- Good shooters and I like Pfau’s ability to take control by getting good shots for himself and his teammates.
5. Shanley- Will be led by a couple of sophomores this season, which should be a good thing. They graduated a senior class that struggled to play as a team. They have an outside chance to make it to state.
6. Devils Lake- Not as high on them as most. I just think the drop off between the top two and the next three is to big for them to finish in the top 4.
I see a pretty clear break between my top 6 and the remaining 5.
*********************************************************************************************************************************
7. South- Pretty good shooter in Hovden and athleticism with a number of boys.
8. North- Hoeg is a nice player, but I don’t see him as a game changer. Sem is a bit of a wild card. His athleticism is unquestioned but I have felt his skill level has been an issure. His injury this summer has really limited his time to work on skills.
9. Wahpeton- Lost a lot, but returning players had a chance to be part of a good team and that will do nothing but help them out.
10. Valley City- I know next to nothing in about Valley City.
11. Central- I do know enough about Central to believe that Valley City should beat them.
underwater
NDPreps Rookie

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:05 am

1. Red River - They should be the favorite, but Coach Gregory is taking a leave of absence so we'll see how the team reacts.
2. WF Packers - very athletic and a defensive minded team. They will make teams turn the ball over.
Pfau is a true leader. They might be lead in scoring this year by a sophomore guard named Pistorius.
3. WF Sheyenne - it will take this team a long time to gel, but by tournament time they'll be up there. Ringdahl is a great player and he has height around him, but they need to find the right mix.
4. Davies - returns a lot
5. Devils Lake - returns some very good pieces
6. Shanley - very young but improved
7.Valley City - should be good enough to compete with the best teams this year
8. Wahpeton - still has some good talent
9. South - down year
10. North - down year
11. Central - struggling program
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MoSiouxFan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:31 am

2. Sheyenne
3. Devils Lake
4. West Fargo
5. Davies
6. Shanley
7. Fargo North
8. Fargo South
9. Wahpeton
10. Valley City
11. G. F. Central

Overestimated Red River and Sheyenne, but 4 of my top 5 made the State Tournament :) .
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby go maji » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:46 am

go maji wrote:
elfman77 wrote:I know it is a little early but I would still like to get everyone's predictions for the edc and wda in boys class a next season

As for the WDA

Minot- I know they lost three starters, but they still retain key contributors from this years team.

Century- Refer to above.

Legacy- This is a wild card team. They have the same kind of mystery that Davies had. Now look at them.

Bismarck- the loss of Steve Miller will hurt, but I think they can make it back to state.

Dickinson

Jamestown

Mandan

Williston

TM- They had 8 seniors this year (I think) and don't have anything in the lower ranks. If they don't make a magical run like this year, it could be a long season for the braves.

SM

Me too. And in Order!!!
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby MoSiouxFan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:54 am

go maji wrote:
go maji wrote:

As for the WDA

Century- Refer to above.

Dickinson

Jamestown

Mandan

Williston

SM

Me too. And in Order!!!

Nice! That's about as close as you can get.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys