devils lake beats west fargo

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby vcfan1 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:38 pm

after traveling to west fargo last night i was very impressed with devils lake.  they were up against an 8 on 5 matchup.  the refs were clearly in west fargo's favor looking like they had been paid off.  Thee travis mertens stole the ball and went in the for the dunk, only to get a T for dunking the ball?  it sure looked to me and everyone around me that the ref had the T called before he even dunked the ball.  the calls were clearly in west fargo's favor all night.  after the T the devils lake and even some west fargo fans were absolutely irrate and the terrible call.  even a couple news channels thought that the call was terrible.  after seeing that game it leaves me with only one quesion:  if devils lake cannot be beat 8 on 5 who can beat them when the refs are legit?  of course everyone is going to be gunning to beat an undefeated team but atleast let them do it fairly.  i do not forsee anyone beating devils lake this year.  with their fan support in the regular season i am going to be waiting to see their support in regionals and state.  devils lake is clearly the best team in the state and until someone beats them on their own you would never change my mind.  devils lake can put out and 5 players on their varsity roster and still beat any team.  they are a quality team with a lot of depth and have the best player in the state in travis mertens.
vcfan1

Postby ND_SportsNut » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:46 pm

You are absolutely correct, that reffing was as poor and one sided as I've seen all year. But DL still got it done. I'm looking forward to the last big test of the year, when D-Town welcomes Fargo South to the BirdCage for a 2 point game.
Last edited by ND_SportsNut on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND_SportsNut

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:06 pm

Devils Lake is amazing.  You know their a really good team when they can overcome adversity with horrible refing.  They stepped it up that game and showed why they are the best team in the state.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby DLBBALL » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:56 am

I totally agree with the terrible refs. but any 5 players on their varsity roster cannot beat a Fargo School. I am really looking forward to the Fargo South game at the "BIRDCAGE". I Predict a scare but DL overcomes it to win.
DLBBALL

Return to Boys