Boys and Girls Seasons at the same time

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ND_SportsNut » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:14 am

Is anyone else frustrated with the fact that the girls and boys basketball seasons are at the same time.  It messes up schedules, it takes away from tv time for both which used to be 16 games for Girls A and 16 games for Boys A when you put EDC and State together, now they both get 3 televised games apiece, wow! Also it puts a lack of emphasis on any games with the split court and gives less choice of where to hold the State games. Let me hear what you think?
ND_SportsNut

Postby 1337 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:25 am

I wasn't initially for this. I still am not fully for this, but it hasn't turned out as bad I thought it was going to be. My suggestion though would be to leave the regular seasons, districts, regionals and the like but make the state tournament two seperate weekends. This way the coverage is there for TV to fully cover both the guys and girls games.

Just my two cents.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:56 am

[user=29]1337[/user] wrote:
I wasn't initially for this. I still am not fully for this, but it hasn't turned out as bad I thought it was going to be. My suggestion though would be to leave the regular seasons, districts, regionals and the like but make the state tournament two seperate weekends. This way the coverage is there for TV to fully cover both the guys and girls games.

Just my two cents.

I dont think having regular season and regionals in class A at same time and then seperating the two State tournaments would be a good idea because one of those tournaments would have to wait a week longer and the kids would go close to two weeks with out playing a game.

I think class A has a tough time attendance wise when there is either just boy or girls going so i think they combined them both together thinking that the Girls teams fans would go to the Boys state games and vice versa.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:09 am

[user=20]ndfan[/user] wrote:
I dont think having regular season and regionals in class A at same time and then seperating the two State tournaments would be a good idea because one of those tournaments would have to wait a week longer and the kids would go close to two weeks with out playing a game.

I think class A has a tough time attendance wise when there is either just boy or girls going so i think they combined them both together thinking that the Girls teams fans would go to the Boys state games and vice versa.

Good point to an extent. So have seperate regional and district events as well.

As far as attendance, it's not necessairly bad, it just quite obviously doesn't compare to Class B and it never will.

This is a tough one to call!
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_SportsNut » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:41 pm

I don't like when your towns boys and girls play at the same time and you have to pick which one to support, its not a tough choice for me, but for some it is.
ND_SportsNut

Return to Boys