mandan

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

mandan

Postby topgun23 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:15 pm

what are the chances of Mandan sneaking into that 4 spot in the wda?? basically, can they beat bhs and maybe upset another higher up team??
topgun23
NDPreps Rookie

Re: mandan

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Mandan is in the ideal position of having 4 of the final 6 games at home, coming off of a 3 game win streak. They also challenged Minot at home, while not playing a perfect game. Mandan won't have any easy wins coming up, but it is quite possible for them to put together a good stretch to close out the season. Schmidt has come on lately as a viable second option, taking some of the defensive pressure off of Collins, allowing Erron to be more effective as well.

Looking at the upcoming schedules for the WDA teams, I think the 4 seed will need at least 10 wins to get that spot.

Assuming there are no upsets with Jamestown, Turtle Mountain, and Williston, as I think both Dickinson and Mandan have upset potential:

Minot is 11-1 with games to be played against Dickinson, 'at' Saint Mary's, Mandan, and 'at' Century.
Century is 11-1 with games to be played against 'at' Mandan, Saint Mary's, Minot, and Bismarck.
Saint Mary's is 10-2 with games to be played against 'at' Century, Minot, Dickinson, and 'at' Mandan.
Bismarck is 9-4 with games to be played against Dickinson, 'at' Mandan, and Century.
Mandan is 7-4 with games to be played against Century, 'at' Minot, Bismarck, Saint Mary's, and 'at' Dickinson.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:51 am

Mandan didn't pull out the win last night, but they probably put enough in the mind's of the top 4 WDA coaches for them to be seriously concerned. No matter what team you are cheering for you can't help but cheer for Erron Collins.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:02 am

scoobyx2 wrote:Mandan didn't pull out the win last night, but they probably put enough in the mind's of the top 4 WDA coaches for them to be seriously concerned. No matter what team you are cheering for you can't help but cheer for Erron Collins.

Agreed. Mandan has serious upset potential. Could have very easily beat Minot at home, Saint Mary's on the road, and Century at home. The missed free throw bug has really hurt them against those top teams. Agreed, he is definitely talented and fun to watch.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby End90 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:59 pm

Imo Dickinson also has that upset potential. Besides Collins not sure that Mandan has anyone else to create an upset. Dickinson may not have a player nearly of Collins skill, but they may have multiple players that can contribute to an upset. It maybe harder to stop multiple players rather just one very good player. So far it is a 3 horse race in the WDA, with 3 others fighting for the final spot and maybe an upset. Century, St. Mary's, Minot top 3 and Bismarck now battling with Mandan and Dicinson, especially with the loss of Liggins and Nustad.
End90
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys