webcasts ?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

webcasts ?

Postby gfrr95 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:50 am

I'll ask the same question I asked this fall about football - do the GF schools (or any of the eastern schools) webcast there BB games? I could see that there might be some logistical problems for football, but it couldn't be that hard to broadcast something that's right in the school. I have seen that West Fargo has a 'Packer TV' for some newscasts, but I can't find any ballgames on the site.
gfrr95
NDPreps Rookie

Re: webcasts ?

Postby bruins44 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Wahpeton webcasts all of their home games live, they also archive them - both boys and girls. Go to the Wahpeton High School web page and click on athletics
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PackaRat » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:36 pm

If you want to see Red River, West Fargo TV should have it on Feb 8, at this site http://www.useducationtv.com/main.aspx? ... &pid=10799

Apparently WF switched web hosts, and as far as I can tell, they don't archive their games anymore. This summer I heard that they got some expensive video equipment for their gym. I saw some good football webcasts last year (2011), with coaches interviews, commercials and even instant reply. I'm interested to see if they added any new capabilities for their basketball games with the new gear.

I spend a bit of time looking at the WebcastAmerica site for ND and MN webcasts. Almost every school just does a point-and-shoot webcast, but WF goes well beyond that. They definitely have the best webcasts out there.
PackaRat
NDPreps Rookie

Postby PackaRat » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:01 pm

I spent 2 hours on Friday night trying to connect to the WF game, but every time I clicked the link, it would only say that the game was not yet on. What's up with that?

Meanwhile, I saw reference to this webcast in the class B boys section http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nhs-boys- ... d/27921623

I don't think you will see a better high school webcast. cameras in the backboards and ceiling, commercials during timeouts, when someone was shooting a free throw, they would bring up his photo and season stats. At halftime they had a Pardon the Interruption show that was a pretty good knock-off of the real show.

Maybe the Christmas break messed up the WF webcast. I'll be checking for the VC game webcast next week.
PackaRat
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys