dunkers?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

dunkers?

Postby go maji » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Does anybody know if Minot has any dunkers this year? They haven't had a dunker since Heitcamp.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Re: dunkers?

Postby End90 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:30 am

On Minot - out of juniors and seniors - Van Dusen, Hustad, Jechort, and Nyacoe all can likely dunk, but would not be considered dunkers and I would not expect any in a game. Senior Landon Klein may be their best upperclassmen dunker, but questionable if he will make varsity. Of the lower classmen, both Caleb Crosby (soph.) and Brayden Lund (fresh.) can dunk, with Lund likely the better of the two. Lund may be Minot's best dunker.
End90
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:17 pm

I thought everyone in class a could dunk?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby go maji » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:05 pm

I heard Nyacoe moved. Is there any truth to that?

Jechort can sure jump. But how tall is he anyway?
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby End90 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:21 pm

no, Nyacoe has not moved

Hoopster lists Jechort as 6'2", which seems about right, i wouldn't think that he is taller than that.

Packers21, it seems like not as many can dunk as a person would think. The best dunking exhibition i have seen by a Class A team was GF Red River 2 summers ago at a summer tournament pregame warmup. It was impressive and then went on to win a state championship that winter.
End90
NDPreps Starter

Postby go maji » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:30 pm

End90 wrote:no, Nyacoe has not moved

Hoopster lists Jechort as 6'2", which seems about right, i wouldn't think that he is taller than that.

Packers21, it seems like not as many can dunk as a person would think. The best dunking exhibition i have seen by a Class A team was GF Red River 2 summers ago at a summer tournament pregame warmup. It was impressive and then went on to win a state championship that winter.

I think the best exhibition by a class A team would be the all-star game a couple of years ago.LOL In pregame, everyone was dunking. haha
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby fly » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:05 am

Well from Shanley you can expect to see Anthony Jacobson and Benjamin Glogoza to be throwing down, also there is a possibility from Patrick the rainman Strom.
fly
NDPreps Reserve

Postby End90 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Fargo Shanley should be a really strong team quite possibly the best in the East. I notice the only team that it appears they play from the West is Bismarck St. Mary's at the end of December. St. Mary's should be one of the top teams in the West so should be an interesting (dunks or no dunks) early season EDC/WDA matchup.
End90
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys