Wahpeton vs Bismarck

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Wahpeton vs Bismarck

Postby enjoythegame » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Congrats to Wahpeton on their improbable comeback last night! To be down 16 points with 11 minutes to go against one of the top teams in the state was impressive. Credit Wahpeton for having a large cheering section with perhaps the best student section numberwise.

This was as close in Class A ball as it gets to big school/little school and I think the majority of the fans in attendance (excluding those from Bismarck) were pulling for Wahpeton. Once the Bismarck player missed his one and one free throw, you just knew Bontjes was going to either drive or shoot but still not sure he could do it one more time. Why Bismarck didn't try to get the ball out of his hands I don't understand as Bontjes was driving at will at the end. What a shot hitting nothing but net and students rushing the court like they just won the championship and Bismarck players in absolute disbelief.

I did not see but was told the Bismarck coach left the court without shaking hands so hopefully that is not true.

Will be interesting to see how Wahpeton responds tonight after such a big win against a Shanley team playing very good basketball. Should be a fun game and I look for Shanley to win by 5.
enjoythegame
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Wahpeton vs Bismarck

Postby BBFan2011 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:33 pm

I agree that it was a GREAT game! All I can say is WOW! The Wahpeton crowd was awesome and I loved that the students stormed the court! The Bismarck crowd, players and coaches looked liked they couldn't believe that they were knocked out on the first night! An all East final game - who would have known?!! Maybe the West isn't as dominant as they think they are?
BBFan2011
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys