Wahpeton

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Wahpeton

Postby gobison » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Can anyone explain why Waph has shot 80 more free throws at home than in away games and they are 9-0 at home and 3-5 in away games?

Grand Forks Red River (18-0) comes in and loses at Waph? How? Sounds a little fishy??
gobison
NDPreps Starter

Re: Wahpeton

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:27 pm

It looks like Red River just missed too many free throws.

http://my.digitalscout.com/Basketball/4 ... dBoxScore/
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Linebacker48 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm going to start off by saying that I am a Wahp fan/student who attends basically every game. Red River is a really talented team, there is no doubt about it. But let's be honest like balla45 stated they missed alot of free throws. They could have potentially had the game out of reach if they had made more free throws. And as far as fouls go last night I believe the amount of fouls called on each team was even with something like 16 for each team. The two Mac's from Red River had really good games and both scored alot of points, but Wahp did a nice job defensively on the other scoring threats from Red River. A win against Shanley on the road in the season finale would be a really nice way to end the season for Wahp.
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WHS94 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Well, I hope you arent insinuating that RRR lost because of the refs. Wahpeton had 18 fouls called on them last night and RR had 16 called on them. The difference was that RR couldn't make their free throws. They were just 14-26, while wahp was 12-18.

Everybody has good days, everybody has bad days. Don't get too excited about it. Besides, the game was basically meaningless to RR, as they had already locked up the #1 seed. Wahpeton plays much better at home. Maybe they'll meet at edc on neutral ground, if they do, I just hope its a good, close game like last night.

Edited.
WHS94
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bigdog19 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Wahpeton not cool the only way you guys ever win is when you guys play at home. The only kid who is even half ways decent on your team is bontches. You guys are 9-0 at home? Load of crap you also have 3 clowns running around out there helping them out. Class is something you guys need to find and it all starts by playing fair. Have fun getting knocked out in edc
bigdog19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheSeafarer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:59 pm

^Like
TheSeafarer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Linebacker48 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Why don't we ask Davies what happened when they played Wahp at Davies?
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketball9 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:10 pm

you guys make it seem like the players get to choose who their referees are for their home games. clearly that's not the case. wahpeton is a small town, so obviously there aren't a whole lot of officials to choose from...this forces them to bring in officials that are from other towns. last night against red river i know for a fact that two of the officials live in fargo (Todd Riggs and Jeremy Carney) so saying that they constantly have "hometown refs" is just a common excuse. i've seen poor officiating in basically every school in the EDC and if you think wahpeton has hometown refs go go devils lake...i've seen more than one game where an official's last name is Mertens...there was also a player with the same last name playing for DL in that game. hmm...

also, every team plays better on their home floor and wahpeton is no exception. they've played very poorly this season on the road, but have still stayed close in most of their away games. their only two losses over 10 points this year were in red river by 15 points and grand forks central by 12 and that was by far their worst overall game of the season.

getting back to the red river game- wahp had 22 turnovers to RR's 16...RR must have failed to capitalize on those opportunities. free throws killed the riders as arvidson struggled from the line in the closing minutes and kroeplin missed a final free throw to allow wahp to win on a buzzer beater. total fouls were 16 to 16 in a very physical game...officials don't like to have to blow their whistle every 20 seconds to stop the game. they want the kids to play their game, and that's what it looked like to me. red river got their typical 38 points from arvidson and kroeplin and 10 from burris but nobody else stepped up and did much.
red river attempted more shots (2pt and 3pt), attempted more free throws, had more assists, had more steals, had more blocks, had less turnovers, and the same amount of fouls. if you take that into consideration i'm not sure how you can say the officials won the game for wahpeton...looks like red river missed alot of opportunities, because they definitely had them.
basketball9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sno600Pro » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Bigdog19.....First of all your first statement "that we never win besides at home" is false, we have won 4 times away do the math.. our record is 13-5 and we are 9-0 at home...Your second statement "Bontjes is the only good player" completely false again. We have many players that perform just as well as RR players. Hmmm 3 clowns running around helping us out...?? If the refs at the game last night were clowns what would the refs at the wahp vs.RR game in GF be?? maniacs, lunatics, nuts, slow. And third "Class is something you need to find" hmmm thats really funny that the RR Bball team left our locker room a trashy mess last night...... :D
Sno600Pro
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bballer21 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:08 pm

you guys have no clue wut ur talking about. red rivers refs were horrible. and it aint r fault red rivers players cant make a shot at the line wen it matters most. they choked. cant wait for red river to get knocked out. class is something red river needs to learn. u dont see any other school coming into ur locker rooms and tearing em apart. way to go riders. u shud learn something from last night.
bballer21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketball9 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:23 pm

for everyone saying that the refs were crap, feel free to view the entire game at www.webcast50.com search Wahpeton High School in the Find your school/team link. i know it's not the best view to watch the whole thing but at least you'll have an idea of what actually happened, rather than saying that the refs win every game for wahpeton just becuase they haven't lost on their own court
basketball9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheSeafarer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:35 pm

you can watch every home game of wahpetons on that website above if people really think the refs are favoring wahpeton
TheSeafarer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bballer21 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 pm

or if youd just stop complaining and play the games. thats what its all about and everyones making a big deal out of Wahp beating Red river. Wahp obviously played the better game. Deal with it.
bballer21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigdog19 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:08 am

Wait your right the players don't pick them... your coaches do. I mean 90 more free throws at home. Nuff. Wahpeton = ball so soft. Good luck on the road. I mean you sound real proud of those 4 road wins man that's a real big deal. When it comes down to it red river is leaps and bounds better at basketball. We just dont play 8 guys at a time
bigdog19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigdog19 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:11 am

Bontches smontches he's the only one you guys got. Real tough snopro600 I'm sure you were cheering real loud at the game good job. We have more class then all of your crappy town combined
bigdog19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigdog19 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:12 am

Bballer I like the post. See you huskie at edc
bigdog19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:21 am

I watched the game. The officiating was not terrible. Wahpeton definitely got some calls, but nothing out of the ordinary for a home court advantage. In the last two Red River games I have watched, they have not done a very good job in getting Kroeplin and Arvidson quality looks, as those two have to create all of their opportunities of late.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby WHS94 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:46 am

Bigdog-- Chill dude, no need to get so mad about this. Its high school for gods sake. I realize you think that wahp has bad refs and that nothing we say is gonna change your mind, but calm down. The regular season is over for you guys and you have the #1 seed going into EDC. I know it would have been nice for you guys to go undefeated, but like I said earlier, this game really didn't change anything for you except your record. But at the end of the season nobody cares what record somebody had unless they win it all. That's what you should be thinking about now, not a meaningless game in the past.

"We have more class than all of your crappy town combined."- really? That alone shows no class. Either does this: http://www.kvrr.com/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=57
WHS94
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bison football73 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:51 am

bigdog19 wrote:Bontches smontches he's the only one you guys got. Real tough snopro600 I'm sure you were cheering real loud at the game good job. We have more class then all of your crappy town combined

When did this website become a place to bash another town. If anyone needs class it is you Big Dog, your arguments make no sense and all you are doing is bashing the team, fans, and refs of the town your team lost to. Get over it
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigdog19 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:09 am

sherm the worm
bigdog19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballer21 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:45 am

Hey big dog.. stop complaining so much. Wahp gets favored about as much as you get favored in ur town. Grand Forks refs are horrible. Everyone knows that. Wahp played better then the riders. deal with it. Have a nice day bud :D Big Dog thinks hes big stuff cause he can talk on preps. Show something for it. :lol:
Last edited by bballer21 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
bballer21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sno600Pro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:55 am

Bigdog19.. Coaches don't pick refs....figure it out
Sno600Pro
NDPreps Rookie

Postby basketball9 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:07 am

yeah, not sure how anyone thought the coaches choose the officials for the game...that would be a joke. also bballer21, ya might wanna calm down a bit about red river and grand forks in general...the town isn't a crap hole so maybe tone it down a bit
basketball9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby childplease » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:36 am

bigdog19 wrote:Bontches smontches he's the only one you guys got. Real tough snopro600 I'm sure you were cheering real loud at the game good job. We have more class then all of your crappy town combined

It is spelled Bontjes.... :lol:
childplease
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:05 pm

From the Fargo Forum:GRAND FORKS – Grand Forks Red River Principal Kris Arason says he’s still conducting an investigation into reports made public Wednesday that the school’s boys basketball team damaged a locker room in Wahpeton on Tuesday night. “We’re still trying to find out what happened,” said Arason, who learned of the incident Tuesday night from Grand Forks high school athletic director Todd Olson. “It’s an unfortunate incident.”
Arason said he’s been in contact with Wahpeton athletic director Mike McCall since 8 a.m. Wednesday.
“We contacted (Wahpeton administration) right away,” Arason said. “We tried to handle it as swiftly as possible.” Arason said he was still investigating the incident when the reports were made public with Wahpeton Superintendent Rick Jacobson calling the incident a “black mark” on Red River High School.
“We were disappointed that comments were made to the public while we were still investigating the situation,” Olson said. Jacobson said the damage includes a light fixture, a hand railing in the shower that was ripped from the wall and other damage. Jacobson also said coaches from Red River never notified Wahpeton personnel of the damage in the locker room. Red River had entered the game undefeated. Wahpeton beat the Riders 62-61 on a last-second shot.McCall was reached by Forum Communications, but declined to comment on the incident.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys