Wahpeton

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Wahpeton

Postby BigFootLives34 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:58 am

Banned.
BigFootLives34
NDPreps Rookie

Postby yosports » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:23 pm

baseballdad wrote:I think there has been a dangerous precident set here anybody can go and trash a locker room as long as they are willing to pay for damages and sit 1 game. These young men need to learn to control themselves it was not like it was in the heat of the battle this was at least 5-10 minutes after the end of the game.

The game is over team shakes hands you go pick up your stuff at and around your bench and head to the locker room for the coach to give you his thoughts on the game then he leaves while the team showers this is when the damage must have been done if the coach did not know about it.

If the coach approves of and agrees with the punishment he will play these players as soon as they are eligible to play. If not he will not let them play at all and maybe teach them a lesson.

My guess is they will play as soon as they are eligible to play and they are needed to win the game. As I have said before parents, coaches and Administrations are putting way to much emphasis on winning.

This has been totally blown out of proportion. The locker room was not "trashed". The railing was lose but was ripped off the wall. That is not trashing a locker room. According to the Wahpeton administration they never wanted this to hit the press. A Wahpeton parent notified the press. The intention was to handle it internally. I wonder how many other cases similar to this have happened over the years that no one knew about? Maybe none but it makes you wonder. It is still wrong what the players did but enough already. The phrase "trashed" does not accurately describe the situation.
yosports
NDPreps Starter

Postby annierebecca4252 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:20 am

Wahp proves they are a good team and do not need to be at home. Bontjes played really well as did the rest of the team. Red River, on the other hand, looked distracted and angry on Saturday night when I had a chance to watch them. They seem like they want to take on the world. #34 Burris plays like a fool who looks like he would rather be in a wrestling match than playing basketball. He hurt his team on Saturday night. RR should have been able to beat Shanley with Jacobson out for the majority of the first half and yet they were not ready to take advantage. Too many dumb fouls committed. Red River was the best overall team talentwise at EDC and yet they got blown out only because they were distracted. If they do not change their attitude and switch their focus they could be looking at a very disappointing State Tournament.
annierebecca4252
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball9 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:32 pm

yosports wrote:
baseballdad wrote:I think there has been a dangerous precident set here anybody can go and trash a locker room as long as they are willing to pay for damages and sit 1 game. These young men need to learn to control themselves it was not like it was in the heat of the battle this was at least 5-10 minutes after the end of the game.

The game is over team shakes hands you go pick up your stuff at and around your bench and head to the locker room for the coach to give you his thoughts on the game then he leaves while the team showers this is when the damage must have been done if the coach did not know about it.

If the coach approves of and agrees with the punishment he will play these players as soon as they are eligible to play. If not he will not let them play at all and maybe teach them a lesson.

My guess is they will play as soon as they are eligible to play and they are needed to win the game. As I have said before parents, coaches and Administrations are putting way to much emphasis on winning.

This has been totally blown out of proportion. The locker room was not "trashed". The railing was lose but was ripped off the wall. That is not trashing a locker room. According to the Wahpeton administration they never wanted this to hit the press. A Wahpeton parent notified the press. The intention was to handle it internally. I wonder how many other cases similar to this have happened over the years that no one knew about? Maybe none but it makes you wonder. It is still wrong what the players did but enough already. The phrase "trashed" does not accurately describe the situation.

yosports, were you in the locker room when this all happened? the way you talk about it makes it seem as if you were there and saw the physical damage. if you didnt see it happen or any of the actual damage then how would you really know?
basketball9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yosports » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:33 am

No I wasn't there. Were you? So it was trashed?? If so, how do you define trashed?

I have talked to parents of players and friends of players and I hear the same story. Those stories match the story in the paper and the scene on TV. That is all I am going by. What are YOU going by?
yosports
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball9 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:23 pm

you can't believe everything you hear. people that were involved with or connected to the damage are obviously gonna try to make it sound not as bad as it was. that's the case with any crime\punishment situation. personally, i didn't see any of the damage and i'm not friends with any of the RR players so i didn't hear much first hand information. i do happen to know a janitor at wahpeton high school and i asked the janitor what they thought about it and it was something that they had never seen before at a school, so obviously it was somewhat serious.
but really the only reason that this was made into such a big deal was the fact that the coaches or players did not say anything about the obvious damage that someone created in the locker room after the game. had they just gone to the principal, athletic director, janitor or whatever and just told them what happened, apologized, and agreed to take care of the damage, probably none of this would even be on this site.
basketball9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Agreed. We'll let this topic die.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys