Brock Lesner in UFC

All other topics other than sports related.

Brock Lesner in UFC

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:25 pm

What does everyone think of Brock Lesner trying his hand in the UFC now?
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Brock Lesner in UFC

Postby baseball » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:31 pm

just pick a sport already haha.....wrestling, football, now UFC. give it a year and he'll be boxing
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Roughrider » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:24 pm

no kidding. i think he would be pretty tough in UFC though. he is a very big man, and a tough one too. He wasnt smart enough to play football but there really isnt any mental capacity that is involved in UFC fighting so i think he will do ok.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:57 am

I thought he was fighting in the K1 system? Or did he switch?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:52 pm

Hopefully he has been training and knows what he is doing or he will end up getting himself killed. No joke.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Stormtrooper » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:58 pm

haha, he got owned by rodrigo. better work on that bjj brock. wrestling and brute strength arent going to get u everything in life
Stormtrooper

Postby cubsfan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:haha, he got owned by rodrigo. better work on that bjj brock. wrestling and brute strength arent going to get u everything in life

He lost to Frank Mir the former heavyweight champion. If Lesnar would not have made a rookie mistake and hit Mir in the back of the head he would have ended the fight very early.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Stormtrooper » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:14 pm

cubsfan wrote:
Stormtrooper wrote:haha, he got owned by rodrigo. better work on that bjj brock. wrestling and brute strength arent going to get u everything in life

He lost to Frank Mir the former heavyweight champion. If Lesnar would not have made a rookie mistake and hit Mir in the back of the head he would have ended the fight very early.

my b, i know he lost to mir, idk what i was thinkin but he did make a rookie mistake and he need to work on his bjj.
Stormtrooper

Postby cubsfan » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:49 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

my b, i know he lost to mir, idk what i was thinkin but he did make a rookie mistake and he need to work on his bjj.

Very true.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories