Northwood, ND

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:05 am

What happened in Northwood, anybody know the extent of the damage?

I'm curious to know what's going on.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby MLCFB » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:17 am

I was there last night with my town's fire squad, lots of trees down.  Some people say school would not be functional for awhile.  The gym had a opening in the roof.  1 death about 20 injured, I am sure it is more than that.  Pretty bad.  They say no power til wed.  But I cant see that happening.  There was a used car dealership on the North side of town and the cars were a half of a mile back to the south in the middle of fields.  Agrivise, couple year old soil shop, looked like a bomb had exploded in it. 
MLCFB

Postby dogg » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:05 pm

If you go to grandforksherald.com you'll find out lots of info, pics, etc. I was there also last night, WOW........ it's unbelievable what those tornados can do, level one place and not touch the next. It's amazing not more people were injured.
dogg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:17 pm

I heard school could be months away because of roof damage.  Hopefully that is not the case and they can start classes in parts of the school.  The cars from the Krabbenhoft (Chevy dealership) lot, which was next to the Agvise soil lab, were rolled up like snowballs, not even resembling cars.  Power will be out for several more days.  You can't get into town unless you are a rescue worker or have some other very good reason to be in town. 
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Blitz32 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:52 pm

Any word on if the L-L-M vs. Hatton-Northwood football game is still on for Friday?
Blitz32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby basketballer » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:20 pm

Blitz32 wrote:Any word on if the L-L-M vs. Hatton-Northwood football game is still on for Friday?

as of today it is.
basketballer

Postby GOBIGBLUE09 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:31 am

I heard on the radio that LaMoure is having a fundraiser for Northwood before the game tonight and they had one at the Milnor/LaMoure VB game last night. I think that's pretty cool of them. I hope other teams follow suit.
GOBIGBLUE09
NDPreps Rookie

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories