Best place to take a vacation

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby tjb1 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:44 am

[font=georgia]show your opinion on the best place to vacaton[/font]
tjb1

Postby rep » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:55 am

dublin - big city that doesn't feel 'big'. has a pretty fantastic zoo (the mgm lion was origionally from there), a decent little tourist area and of course the pubs are a good place to waste time. decent people from what i could tell, though not as many red heads as i figured there would be.

bath - probably my favorite place in england. isn't hip and trendy (aka spendy) like london or oxford. in all it is a pretty cool place to just walk around and take in - everything from the architecture to some of the older sections are pretty cool.

cozumel - white sand beaches, snorkling, fishing, anchient ruins and warm friggin weather.

glacier national park - make sure you have the brakes checked out in your car before you go, but the scenery is pretty amazing.
rep

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:08 am

just did Bismarck and the Missouri River...nice short trip.
stopped in and visited the Buffalo City.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:18 am

I'm not an experienced travel just yet, but I have some favorites, in no particular order:
  1. Las Vegas.   My buddy lives there, so I got a couch to crash on, and transportation to the strip and downtown, or anyplace around there.  Great food at good prices (if you know where to look).  Great looking ladies to watch as you stroll the strip.  Free beverages if you like to gamble (but always give the nice lady a $1 tip)  MGM Grand Sports betting area is a sports fans Nirvana.  Lots of free, or cheap activities.   Direct flights out of Fargo, with reasonable rates, if you buy at the right time.   Drive up to Mesquite for some incredible desert golf.   Added bonus:  you may run into me once or twice a year!
  2. Asia, I spent about 12 days in Asia last March.  Most amazing experience of my life.  Expensive to get too, and a long trip.  But once you are there it makes Western culture seem dull by comparison.  One requirement:  you must bring your sense of adventure.
  3. Any good pheasant or deer hunting area in North Dakota, always has been, always will be.
  4. Minnesota/Wisconsin Lakes, if you want to catch fish stay in North Dakota, if you are just looking for scenery and relaxation, try those places.  I like northern Minnesota and Wisconsin, near Minocqua.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:47 am

rep wrote:dublin - big city that doesn't feel 'big'. has a pretty fantastic zoo (the mgm lion was origionally from there), a decent little tourist area and of course the pubs are a good place to waste time. decent people from what i could tell, though not as many red heads as i figured there would be.

bath - probably my favorite place in england. isn't hip and trendy (aka spendy) like london or oxford. in all it is a pretty cool place to just walk around and take in - everything from the architecture to some of the older sections are pretty cool.

cozumel - white sand beaches, snorkling, fishing, anchient ruins and warm friggin weather.

glacier national park - make sure you have the brakes checked out in your car before you go, but the scenery is pretty amazing.

Agreed, I went to Dublin last summer and I had a fantastic time. going to all the pubs was awesome just hearing ppl sing, everybody in Ireland was very nice and some ppl even bought my family some drinks cuz we were American.  Also going to the pubs was very intense cuz it was during the world cup. i watched the final in a pub and it was so loud, never experienced anything like it before.  but the one down thing is the crazy driving, the drivers are worse there than in new york or chicago plus it takes time getting use to driving on the left side of the road.

Key West is also a great place to vacation, great food, plenty of things to do like go snorkeling, swimming, deep sea fishing, clubs downtown, stuff like that.  it's a fun place.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbjay » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:19 am

bed
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:24 am

sometimes the best vacation is just hanging around doin' nothing at all. day trips in North Dakota rock. You can get up and out the door by 6AM. Shoot a limit of roosters,  Friday night HS football. Saturday afternoon college football and hunting before and after.

Sunday hunting listening to football on the radio while chomping down some of last years deer jerky.

That's my ultimate vacation and it do it every weekend from Sept-Novemeber. Vacation is a way of life!
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsmart » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:12 am

Deadwood.  Laid back atmosphere with cheap food and a great time!!!
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballer » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:03 am

rep wrote:dublin - big city that doesn't feel 'big'. has a pretty fantastic zoo (the mgm lion was origionally from there), a decent little tourist area and of course the pubs are a good place to waste time. decent people from what i could tell, though not as many red heads as i figured there would be.

agree. great place to vacation.
basketballer

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories