Deer Hunting

All other topics other than sports related.

Postby twinsfan34 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:30 am

Anyone here a deer hunter?  If so, were you successful this weekend? 
twinsfan34

Postby deere » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:01 pm

Yeah im a deer hunter, aint got anything yet....but hopefully i get my buck one of these days!

I also have to say something else too, one of my pet peeves is when you push a bunch of sloughs and cattails a whole bunch of hard walking and you got those a$$holes that go drive in the middle of the field in there truck so you cant get a shot off and they shoot your deer that you rightfully worked for! That just me off, if you call that hunting then by god your an idiot!!!!
Last edited by deere on Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deere

Postby rep » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:23 am

i walked somewhere between 10-13 miles over the weekend (saturday and sunday, was up in forks on friday for state football games) and i saw a grand total of about 10 deer. the first 5 i saw in a group when my dad and i were doing a little road hunting right away in the morning.

we were hunting in 2I (south of jamesotwn about 20+ plus miles, right south of hwy 46. the east boundry is hwy 281 but the west boundry is somwhere out by bismarck, but i haven't been out that far west). between the wind and the cold though, i think i saw a grand total of three other groups of people walking besides us. there just wasn't a whole lot of pressure on the deer to move, so we figured they were all holed up in a corn field somewhere.

needless to say, the days were long and cold and i didn't fire one time in two days (a first for me, especially with a doe tag).
rep

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:52 am

I went out with a group of three on Sun., two of them filled their doe tags, and they passed up on two fairly average bucks. I shot about six deer on the day...with my camera, that is. Anybody see that pic in the Herald with the lady who bagged a Huge 24-pointer? That was a monster.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:17 am

I filled my tag on friday. I wasnt shooting anything the first weekend unless it was worthy of a wall mount. I shot a 7x6 with an 19" spread on friday afternoon. It should go right around 140-150 class. Saw lots of big deer this weekend, unfortunately we only have 3 buck tags for 9 guys so there was a lot of wrong place-wrong time stuff going on.
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:45 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:I filled my tag on friday. I wasnt shooting anything the first weekend unless it was worthy of a wall mount. I shot a 7x6 with an 19" spread on friday afternoon. It should go right around 150 class. Saw lots of big deer this weekend, unfortunately we only have 3 buck tags for 9 guys so there was a lot of wrong place-wrong time stuff going on.

what unit were you hunting in? wow that's a killer deer man. post up a pix would ya
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby berry186 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:22 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:I filled my tag on friday. I wasnt shooting anything the first weekend unless it was worthy of a wall mount. I shot a 7x6 with an 19" spread on friday afternoon. It should go right around 150 class. Saw lots of big deer this weekend, unfortunately we only have 3 buck tags for 9 guys so there was a lot of wrong place-wrong time stuff going on.

in 2g2 there was a 5x6 21 inches 10 minutes into season in a ladder stand
Last edited by berry186 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:31 am

point/center wrote:what unit were you hunting in? wow that's a killer deer man. post up a pix would ya

2k2. I'll post a pic when I get them on the computer.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby deere » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:44 pm

yeah thats true i didnt see alot of people hunting this weekend it was really weird, you almost had to step on the deer to kick them up since they had no reason to run.
deere

Postby Diamond D » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:46 am

I had tags for Velva and Maddock areas.  Velva was relatively quiet...hmm...could have been the fact that everyone was at the Alerus Center last weekend.

Maddock was nuts on Saturday.  Hunters going around posters and not asking permission.  Never have I seen so many road hunters.  How many times can you drive by a CRP field?  I think this one suburban just drove back and forth and back and forth for at least an hour while I sat in the tree stand about 3/4 of a mile away.

I dislike slob hunters.  Go to an area and either make a stand or walk.  Either way get away from your vehicle and actually hunt.

Sorry for the rant.:headbang:

Diamond D

Postby deere » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:16 am

i absolutly agree, me and our party were walkin through a corn field and a certain truck drove around the premisis for about 25 mins. We were there first and all we did was wait cuz we didnt want them to get something by doing the easy and illegal thing so we just waited them out.
deere

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories