Seventh place: Fargo North 1 vs. Shanley 7
Fifth place: Bishop Ryan 6 vs. Valley City 4
Third place: GF Red River 2 vs. Devils Lake 4
Championship: West Fargo 7 vs. Bismarck Century 2
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: State Tourney

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:59 am

I'll pick West Fargo and Century in the Championship w/ Century winning it all.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby softball2121 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:32 pm

I highly highly doubt WF will lose at all. Also I think that it will be the top 2 teams from the east that make it to the final. WF vs Shanley with WF winning it again. They are too good. I dont see Century getting passed Shanley, I also think they may have a good game with Valley City.

My predictions:
1. WF 2. Shanley 3. Century 4. North 5. Bishop Ryan 6. Devils Lake 7. Valley City 8. Red River
softball2121
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:52 am

The biggest disadvantage for Century this week is the flood fight in Bismarck. Running practices is tough when a lot of people are sandbagging or moving out.

WF has the traditon of winning, but I think Century has a better pitcher. I hope it comes down to the best hitting team, and not errors or a struggling pitcher. Shanley and Century are pretty evened up, but Lardy from Century has more experience at the mound.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby softball2121 » Tue May 31, 2011 1:47 pm

the best pitcher in the state is hands down Johnson from west fargo. having seen them all throw i would definately say that. The pitcher from shanley has greatly improved this year. her and century's pitcher i would say are close to each other. but wf's pitching is tops. by far.
softball2121
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:18 pm

softball2121 wrote:the best pitcher in the state is hands down Johnson from west fargo. having seen them all throw i would definately say that. The pitcher from shanley has greatly improved this year. her and century's pitcher i would say are close to each other. but wf's pitching is tops. by far.

Honestly, I haven't seen the WF pitchers since they lost to Century last season and at State. If they pitch a lot more than a fastball, then I will believe you.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:47 pm

Thursday, June 2nd
1) West Fargo vs. Minot Bishop Ryan, noon
2) Fargo Shanley vs. Devils Lake, 30 min. after Game 1
3) Valley City vs. Bismarck Century, 5 p.m.
4) Fargo North vs. Grand Forks Red River, 30 min. after Game 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREDICTIONS:
West Fargo
Fargo North
Shanley
Century

Consolation:
Bishop Ryan
Valley City

Semifinals:
West Fargo
Shanley

7th: Devils Lake over GF Red River
5th: Bishop Ryan over Valley City
3rd: Century over Fargo North
Champ: West Fargo over Shanley (hoping for the upset though)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby softball2121 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:09 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
softball2121 wrote:the best pitcher in the state is hands down Johnson from west fargo. having seen them all throw i would definately say that. The pitcher from shanley has greatly improved this year. her and century's pitcher i would say are close to each other. but wf's pitching is tops. by far.

Honestly, I haven't seen the WF pitchers since they lost to Century last season and at State. If they pitch a lot more than a fastball, then I will believe you.

clearly you dont know much about fastpitch. and clearly you dont know a thing about pitching. I was at last years bismarck vs wf game in bismarck and watched the whole game. WF's number one pitcher played centerfield that game... and as far as just a fastball? ur joking right? i wont even go there on that one. WF has by far the best coach, and PITCHING coach, in the state, by leaps and bounds. and from what i have seen from pitchers this year, they have these three pitches, fast, drop, change. NO ONE has a rise ball, if they say they do they are full of it because it is just a high fast ball. also no one has a curve, they may try to and it is a MEAT ball. Yes, i want wf to lose just as much as anyone, but as far as pitching goes, it goes to WF, hands down. You have NO arguement. period. oh and then there is the fact that they rip the ball, especially off of pitchers that throw a little harder.
softball2121
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 am

softball2121 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

clearly you dont know much about fastpitch. and clearly you dont know a thing about pitching. I was at last years bismarck vs wf game in bismarck and watched the whole game. WF's number one pitcher played centerfield that game... and as far as just a fastball? ur joking right? i wont even go there on that one. WF has by far the best coach, and PITCHING coach, in the state, by leaps and bounds. and from what i have seen from pitchers this year, they have these three pitches, fast, drop, change. NO ONE has a rise ball, if they say they do they are full of it because it is just a high fast ball. also no one has a curve, they may try to and it is a MEAT ball. Yes, i want wf to lose just as much as anyone, but as far as pitching goes, it goes to WF, hands down. You have NO arguement. period. oh and then there is the fact that they rip the ball, especially off of pitchers that throw a little harder.

It has been a long time since someone has accused me of not knowing the game, but ok.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:55 pm

well after hearing about Devils Lake today...don't overlook them...they could pull another upset over Century tomorrow.

GF Red River gets their re-match with West Fargo (Last Year's title game: WF 5 GFRR 2)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:21 pm

softball2121 wrote:I highly highly doubt WF will lose at all. Also I think that it will be the top 2 teams from the east that make it to the final. WF vs Shanley with WF winning it again. They are too good. I dont see Century getting passed Shanley, I also think they may have a good game with Valley City.

My predictions:
1. WF 2. Shanley 3. Century 4. North 5. Bishop Ryan 6. Devils Lake 7. Valley City 8. Red River

Well we both seem a little off with our predictions :shock:
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:well after hearing about Devils Lake today...don't overlook them...they could pull another upset over Century tomorrow.

I think I will still stick w/ Century. They have 2 pretty strong pitching-catching combos that will keep them aggressive throughout the game, and they have tournament experience.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby softball2121 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:24 am

WF will blow RR away tomorrow. And after seeing bismarks top pitcher today, not too impressed. Great hitting speed for WF. I saw one of the WF coaches with the radar on her... she topped out at about 50 if that. Bismarck has one pwerful lefty, so they need to watch out for her. and boy did shanley fall apart today or what. couldnt hit today and defensively just fell apart. Was ugly. Devils lake came in high intensity, but i think if century just plays defense they will get passed them just fine.
softball2121
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:08 am

I'll agree that Lardy from Century didn't have a very strong game, but she is consistent, pitches strikes, and allows her defense to make plays. She is definitely not expected to win it on her own. Century's long ball defense has been improving. WF will win 9+ to 1. Century will win, but I am not as familiar w/ DL's pitching depth to guess a score.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:49 pm

West Fargo vs Century for the championship...I will go w/ Century 4-2 in a shocker.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:04 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:West Fargo vs Century for the championship...I will go w/ Century 4-2 in a shocker.

Nope...no shocker today...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:52 am

Century put together a great run especially when you consider that they started their season a month later than the teams in the east, and never had a chance to play an east schedule like they had hoped. Next year, they lose their senior all-state catcher, but have a strong freshman who will take her place. See them to be the state favorite next year. Congrats to West Fargo this year!
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:54 am

scoobyx2 wrote:Century put together a great run especially when you consider that they started their season a month later than the teams in the east, and never had a chance to play an east schedule like they had hoped. Next year, they lose their senior all-state catcher, but have a strong freshman who will take her place. See them to be the state favorite next year. Congrats to West Fargo this year!

West Fargo will reload again for next year...so we will likely see another Century vs. WF title game
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby softball2121 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:17 pm

century doesnt have the pitching to shut down wf. and wf's starter next year will be solid again at pitcher. WF is going to be the favorite year after year as long as they keep winning it year after year. I dont know how anyone can say otherwise.
softball2121
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:41 pm

As the sport continues to grow, you will see more and more programs improve and contend for the title. More young players are attending camps, and hiring pitching and hitting coaches in the off-season. Winning teams won't be as obvious. Shanley almost beat WF during the season, and then got beat by DL. Previously, any team who could even come close to WF was an obvious state runner-up.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls softball