Scores

Scores

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:32 pm

4-15-08 FSH over Central 3-2. Dukart hit a double to score Anstadt for the winning run in the 7th inning. Warne pitched a one hitter.
dgfsuperfan1

Re: Scores

Postby Baller » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:42 pm

Warne is a great pitcher, but have they found anyone else....it seems like she gets pretty fatigued by the end of the year.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:42 pm

We should be able to find out Friday. FSH has a double header with Bismarck. Warne will need help. They have some jv pitchers that are going to have to step up a provide help.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby roughrider125 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:10 pm

Most ND teams have one good pitcher and then not much after that. Fatigue plays a huge role by the end of the season. WF and Shanley should be set for pitchers but even North only has one varsity pitcher and though she is good, she will get tired eventually so they have to be careful to keep her fresh.
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby 2008tournement » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:00 pm

4-18-08 FSH took two games over Bismarck tonight in their double header, 1-0 and 2-0. Warne got both wins. She was struggling the last two innings of the last game, but she got good help from the infield. FSH's bats were weak but they were good on defense with only two errors the entire night.
2008tournement

Postby Carl08 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:18 am

Looks like South will struggle again this year if they can only beat Bismarck by a combined 3 runs...
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby roughrider125 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:27 pm

Shanley won the Frazee tourney beating Frazee, Staples-Motley, and DGF
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby 2008tournement » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:33 am

South picked up a good win 10-4 over Red River. South finally got their bats going. Anstadt, Lowther and Berntsen wer all 3 for 4 at the plat. South plays WF at WF Thursday.
2008tournement

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:09 pm

Thursday April 24th, 2008. WF over FSH tonight 8-5. South jumbed out to a 3-0 lead early, but WF came back. Some questionable umbire calls gave WF the win in a game that should have been called off because of bad weather.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby roughrider125 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:01 am

Looks like south put up a good fight! Was it at WF? Cause if it is in WF then you can expect some questionable calls in their favor every time. It must have been a chilly one...North and Shanley's game was called of due to cold and wind.
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby 2008tournement » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:21 pm

roughrider125 wrote:Looks like south put up a good fight! Was it at WF? Cause if it is in WF then you can expect some questionable calls in their favor every time. It must have been a chilly one...North and Shanley's game was called of due to cold and wind.

Very good game. South jumbed out to a 3 run lead in the first. It was in WF. Very cold night. FSH lost four runs on umpire calls. One was bases load and fsh batter hit a triple but umpire called an out because the first base runner was hit by the ball. It was the third out, so none of the runs counted.She was not even close to the ball. Another inning a hard hit ball to to the WF shortstop come off her glove and hit the second base runner. The umpire called an out. The third base runner had scored but it did not count as it was the third out. WF got the benefit of the doubt on several calls on first base.

You know its bad when WF parents were even embarrased.
2008tournement

Postby roughrider125 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:35 pm

Its too bad, but that is just how it goes in WF. We were screwed out of our fair share of games there as well.
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby 2008tournement » Sun May 04, 2008 10:11 am

Results from Saturday Sacred Heart tourny;

Sacred Heart over Minot 9-1 for first place, Sacred Heart is ranked 4th in Minnesota Class A.

Grand Forks Central beat Warroad 4-3 for third place in extra innings.

Minot looked very good in their games. Their pitching has vastly improved since last year.
Grand Forks Central really had their bats going.
2008tournement

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:52 pm

North got South 5-3 tonight in a hard fought game. Both teams played well. FSH young players made some mental mistakes and Norths strong batting took over latter in the game. FSH is very young this year. They had three 8th graders and and 9th grader on the field. Their coach made a decision to build for the future and is playing with a very young line up. FSH should be really good in a few years.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby bballfan1 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:43 pm

Shanley beat WF 9-3
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby nswa4life » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:34 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:North got South 5-3 tonight in a hard fought game. Both teams played well. FSH young players made some mental mistakes and Norths strong batting took over latter in the game. FSH is very young this year. They had three 8th graders and and 9th grader on the field. Their coach made a decision to build for the future and is playing with a very young line up. FSH should be really good in a few years.

they will be a solid team in the next few years
nswa4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby P4KNBD » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:09 am

anything can happen in girls softball
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby Plays4keeps » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:00 pm

P4KNBD wrote:anything can happen in girls softball

couldnt have said it better my self