West Fargo

West Fargo

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:37 pm

Will West Fargo win the State Championship again this year? It will be in Minot this year.
dgfsuperfan1

Re: West Fargo

Postby roughrider125 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:10 pm

They have a really good chance; however, North will be very good this year. My guess would be North will win it, but WF is top until proven otherwise. Shanley could make a run as they return 3 all-staters from last year's team that was regular season champs. Losing Bowars will hurt tho.
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:23 pm

I think FSH made the most progress during the summer but they only have one experienced pitcher, so it will be tough for them with their expanded 18 game spring schedule. Otherwise I think it is a toss up between FNH and WF. Shanley returns some good very players and could be beat WF or FNH because they have developed some more pitching depth.
Last edited by dgfsuperfan1 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby roughrider125 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:20 am

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:I think FSH made the most progress during the summer but they only have one experienced pitcher, so it will be tough for them with their expanded 18 game spring schedule. Otherwise I think it is a toss up between FNH and WF. Shanley returns some good very players and could be beat WF or FNH if they develop some more pitching depth.

Shanley will have the most depth at pitching of all the teams in the state...they return Conant (2x all stater) Ashley Stoneking a hard throwing freshman and Ashley Peterson their #1 pitcher from the 06 season who did not play last year. Their hitting will be what makes or breaks them.
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:56 am

It looks like West Fargo struggled at the Detroit Lakes tournament. A Moorhead parent told me the WF pitchers really struggled during the WF lose to Moorhead. Can any WF fans that were at the game comment on this?
dgfsuperfan1

Postby 2008tournement » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:37 am

North got a big win over WF in the 8th inning 3-2. Looks like Pat Johnson has several of his young hockey players on his softball team this year. Can anyone comment on how those girls are doing? Also, where is Teri Stargardt this year? He was assisstant at WF for a long time. Is he coaching somewhere else?
2008tournement

Postby Carl08 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:02 am

Casey Johnson - his daughter and one of his hockey players - has been hitting very well from what I have heard though i haven't made it out to one of their games
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:18 am

2008tournement wrote:North got a big win over WF in the 8th inning 3-2. Looks like Pat Johnson has several of his young hockey players on his softball team this year. Can anyone comment on how those girls are doing? Also, where is Teri Stargardt this year? He was assisstant at WF for a long time. Is he coaching somewhere else?

Terry is coaching Junior High Track this year at Discovery. He decided that now that his daughter is gone, he can spend more time with the kids that he teaches.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:12 pm

Baller wrote:
2008tournement wrote:North got a big win over WF in the 8th inning 3-2. Looks like Pat Johnson has several of his young hockey players on his softball team this year. Can anyone comment on how those girls are doing? Also, where is Teri Stargardt this year? He was assisstant at WF for a long time. Is he coaching somewhere else?

Terry is coaching Junior High Track this year at Discovery. He decided that now that his daughter is gone, he can spend more time with the kids that he teaches.

He will do a good job with the Discovery kids. I am supprised FSH did not get him to help their softball teams.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby bballfan1 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:49 am

Any predictions for the WF - Shanley game tonight. I think Shanley will win because of their better pitching.
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby roughrider125 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 am

Yeah Shanley seems to be playing better at this point in the season and rumor has it McCracken sp? is pitching so she will be tested.
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby 2008tournement » Thu May 01, 2008 11:48 am

Where is it being played? If it is in West Fargo and using Pat's umpires, I give the edge to WF even thought Shanley is the better team. If it is at Mikkelsen, I give the edge to Shanley.
2008tournement

Postby 2008tournement » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:12 pm

Congrats to West Fargo for winning their 11th state championship in a row!
2008tournement

Return to Girls softball