Class B Softball

Class B Softball

Postby blackie1978 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:57 pm

Who are the early favorites?
blackie1978
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Class B Softball

Postby boblee » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:15 am

Defending champs Kindred are certainly at the top of that list, as is Central Cass. Hillsboro will give fits in the East, too. Des Lacs-Burlington should be strong out West. After that it appears to be much of a crap-shoot.
boblee
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dakotastater » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:26 pm

boblee wrote:Defending champs Kindred are certainly at the top of that list, as is Central Cass. Hillsboro will give fits in the East, too. Des Lacs-Burlington should be strong out West. After that it appears to be much of a crap-shoot.

Looks about right. With Kindred already beating Central Cass, the game between Kindred and Hillsboro next Monday will go a long way towards deciding regional seeds in the east. DLB looks to be the best in the west in the early season. Thompson is really young, but also off to a good start. It should be a 5 team race in the east including Grafton.
Dakotastater
NDPreps Starter

Postby granfan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:24 pm

boblee wrote:Defending champs Kindred are certainly at the top of that list, as is Central Cass. Hillsboro will give fits in the East, too. Des Lacs-Burlington should be strong out West. After that it appears to be much of a crap-shoot.

Don't forget it's Kindred-Richland, as there is still Richland girls playing. Might be only one this year though.
granfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:29 pm

is A/B enrollment cutoff still 325 for softball?
I ask because I would think Grafton and their co-ops would be over that limit. Maybe other teams too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:35 pm

Flip wrote:is A/B enrollment cutoff still 325 for softball?
I ask because I would think Grafton and their co-ops would be over that limit. Maybe other teams too.

Constitution/By-Laws
Part II - Page 5 (Section XI a.ii.b)

"When Class B schools are involved with the cooperative sponsorship of an activity and the combined enrollment of the schools involved exceeds 325 students in grades 9 through 12, these schools will compete as a Class A school in that activity.
(Exception for wrestling, cross country and softball: co-op request must be approved by the NDHSAA Board of Directors.) (Amended January 2004) "
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Dakotastater » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:38 am

http://www.hillsborobanner.com/sports/a ... 453de.html

Seems like an appropriate place for this link.
Dakotastater
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dakotastater » Sun May 14, 2017 12:48 am

Class B whipping up on class A this weekend.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4266887-c ... nate-class
Dakotastater
NDPreps Starter

Postby granfan » Sun May 14, 2017 6:38 pm

Dakotastater wrote:Class B whipping up on class A this weekend.

And note that not much is said in The Forum or on tv about it. I'm sure Fargo is rather embarassed to be beat by "lower" Class B! Do you think they will do this tourney again? Ha!

So proud of the Class B teams espically our Kindred-Richland girls!
granfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:07 pm

granfan wrote:
Dakotastater wrote:Class B whipping up on class A this weekend.

And note that not much is said in The Forum or on tv about it. I'm sure Fargo is rather embarassed to be beat by "lower" Class B! Do you think they will do this tourney again? Ha!

So proud of the Class B teams espically our Kindred-Richland girls!

Has nothing to do with embarrassment...Softball is just catching ground in the state and everything yesterday was about NDSU Track & field and softball...just like in the fall and winter seasons: there is no care about High School sports! It's sad but it's the truth for 2016-17!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby boblee » Mon May 15, 2017 8:50 am

They already have the tournament set next year with the intention of the same 8 teams. I think it was just a case of better Class B teams playing generally down Fargo teams. Both Central Cass and Kindred-Richland are as good as they've ever been. Hillsboro-CV has proven tough and Northern Cass is a team on the rise. South is way down. Shanley is down. Davies is about average. Fargo North is a top 10 team. It'll be interesting next year!
boblee
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls softball