Legacy High Fastpitch

Legacy High Fastpitch

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:52 am

Legacy High School who doesn't even have it own building yet, has started their first fastpitch JV season and beat Valley City JV 17 to 1. Mandan who has never had a fastpitch program will start their 1st season this spring.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Legacy High Fastpitch

Postby Indy5 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:08 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:Legacy High School who doesn't even have it own building yet, has started their first fastpitch JV season and beat Valley City JV 17 to 1. Mandan who has never had a fastpitch program will start their 1st season this spring.

Is Mandan playing a varsity schedule?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:24 am

Indy5 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:Legacy High School who doesn't even have it own building yet, has started their first fastpitch JV season and beat Valley City JV 17 to 1. Mandan who has never had a fastpitch program will start their 1st season this spring.

Is Mandan playing a varsity schedule?

No they aren't. They were going to co-op with Legacy this season, and start their own season next year, but they had too much interest in the sport to co-op. I heard about 25 girls signed up so they are trying to run 2 JV teams this year as scheduling allows. Legacy numbers were very good too. Hopefully both schools will run a Varsity schedule next year.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Softball Fan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:47 am

Its exciting to see Fastpitch softball growing in ND.With new High School teams in Both Class A & B and better media exposure all around, its all good.Also with National 14u & 16u tournaments coming to ND and teams like the FM Blaze and other High school summer teams playing in National qualifier tournaments in MN all summer,Its really helping bring the level of play up all around.
Softball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Softball Fan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:56 am

Any word on Williston having a HS team.They had a team at the JO state tournament in Bismarck last summer? I believe it was a 16u team.
Softball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:15 am

Softball Fan wrote:Any word on Williston having a HS team.They had a team at the JO state tournament in Bismarck last summer? I believe it was a 16u team.

They had a few pitchers move into the area last year which helped them put a team together for summer. I would love to see them put a team together especially since their junior college has put a program together in Williston.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls softball