When is your first game gonna be?

When is your first game gonna be?

Postby Softball Fan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:07 pm

Just curious when everybody thinks they are gonna play the first game of 2013 ? Here in the east there is still 8ft drift in front of the dugouts and not much grass to be seen on the field. :(
Softball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: When is your first game gonna be?

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:53 pm

The West could start next week if they get any sun at all this week. Minot is scheduled to play BHS in Bismarck on 4/2/13. That could be tough, but the games later in the week could happen.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby kboftw » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:14 am

Extremely optimistically, the week of April 8 here in the east. We need some Good Samaritans with snow removal equipment to speed Mother Nature along a little bit, because she's sure taking her sweet time.

If I were a betting man, though, I'd expect the week of April 15. Frustrating, after a picturesque first season of Class B softball. Nothing like some cold weather to be a buzzkill for the girls' enthusiasm.
kboftw
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:19 am

There was a game yesterday in Twin Valley, MN and I'm quite certain there will be a game today in Ada, MN. Both towns are 15-25 miles from the Red River. I know both schools put a lot of time to make sure they could play this early.

edit: game in Ada has been ppd or cancelled
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls softball