7. Allmer, Jamestown
8. Valenti, South
9. Fischer, Bismarck
10. Uhrich, Century
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Predictions for the New Poll...

Postby theman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:11 am

Oh man the Kiwanis invite in Mandan is definatly going to shake things up.
Boys: Bismarck had kids come on out nowhere, West Fargo almost beat Century, Williston destoryed Century, and Leingang has ended all debates about who will win state this year.
Girls: Allson Allmer, wow. Bismarck girls not as impressive as I thought they would be.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:44 pm

theman wrote:Oh man the Kiwanis invite in Mandan is definatly going to shake things up.
Boys: Bismarck had kids come on out nowhere, West Fargo almost beat Century, Williston destoryed Century, and Leingang has ended all debates about who will win state this year.
Girls: Allson Allmer, wow. Bismarck girls not as impressive as I thought they would be.

Mandan's course is not a legit course...I agree with you on your points but the course is short (all things would probably hold true on a correct course; especially Leingang)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby i r run » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:Oh man the Kiwanis invite in Mandan is definatly going to shake things up.

Mandan's course is not a legit course...I agree with you on your points but the course is short (all things would probably hold true on a correct course; especially Leingang)

actually mandan is a legit course, it was a full 5k this year. They made it longer.
i r run
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:35 pm

i r run wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

actually mandan is a legit course, it was a full 5k this year. They made it longer.

Well I still don't trust it...I only trust Minot, Jamestown and Bismarck (O'Leary's GC) on being legit courses...but that's my opinion
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby edc4lyfe » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
i r run wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Well I still don't trust it...I only trust Minot, Jamestown and Bismarck (O'Leary's GC) on being legit courses...but that's my opinion

Mandan was legit...and Jamestown? Joash Osoro ran 16 minutes there and weeks later ran sub 15:30. and no, hillcrest is not thatchallenging.
edc4lyfe
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:01 am

edc4lyfe wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
i r run wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Mandan was legit...and Jamestown? Joash Osoro ran 16 minutes there and weeks later ran sub 15:30. and no, hillcrest is not thatchallenging.

I disagree...The last mile and a half of the course you are only running flat for about 1/4 mile of it. It's pretty challenging.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby edc4lyfe » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:50 pm

but 40 seconds?
edc4lyfe
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:27 pm

edc4lyfe wrote:but 40 seconds?

No because it is true the Mandan was short..probably by almost 20 seconds. That would leave 20 seconds for Jamestown, which is entirely believable.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby i r run » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:16 pm

theman wrote:

No because it is true the Mandan was short..probably by almost 20 seconds. That would leave 20 seconds for Jamestown, which is entirely believable.

once again, mandan was a full 5k. and even if it was short it was nowhere near 20 seconds
i r run
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:02 pm

i r run wrote:
theman wrote:

once again, mandan was a full 5k. and even if it was short it was nowhere near 20 seconds

I've heard from my sources that it was approx. 100 meters short (which really isn't that bad)...that's adding 12-20 seconds depending on the runner.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Cross Country