West Fargo Invite

West Fargo Invite

Postby theman » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:04 am

I want to know what you guys think about the west fargo invite. All the EDC teams were there plus Jamestown. It also marked the first time this season that Spencer Uetz (WF) ran. Shane Harlow (GFC) won and Francis Mendee (GFRR) took second. GFC won the meet by 13 points. Since this meet can be a big indicator of the EDC meet, WHAT SAY YOU?!?!?!?
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: West Fargo Invite

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:04 am

The whole EDC was not there cause Devils Lake and Wahpeton weren't there. Devils Lake will have two runners in the top 20 at the EDC meet. GFC will win it and WF will take 2nd. A full Shanley-Oak Grove team (adding the 4 that went 1-2-3-4 in the JV) will get 3rd. The individual title will be a fun race to watch! Harlow, Mendee, Uetz, and Gehrig are far above the rest of the field. Gehrig was hurting yesterday and Uetz was not 100% but that does not take anything away from Harlow and Mendee, they ran great races.

oh and on the girls side...it was shown that Alissa Mears is beatable...she nearly got 3rd!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby theman » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:The whole EDC was not there cause Devils Lake and Wahpeton weren't there. Devils Lake will have two runners in the top 20 at the EDC meet. GFC will win it and WF will take 2nd. A full Shanley-Oak Grove team (adding the 4 that went 1-2-3-4 in the JV) will get 3rd. The individual title will be a fun race to watch! Harlow, Mendee, Uetz, and Gehrig are far above the rest of the field. Gehrig was hurting yesterday and Uetz was not 100% but that does not take anything away from Harlow and Mendee, they ran great races.

oh and on the girls side...it was shown that Alissa Mears is beatable...she nearly got 3rd!

While you prove some good points, I will have to disagree with you on a few of them. You are right in saying that DL wasn't there, they usually are. Wahpeton isn't Class A this year, are they? Second, what do you mean by a full Shanley/OG team? They had their top 5 varsity, which is all they needed. Third, Gehrig fell down at one point in the race, that would explain that, and Uetz is still getting in shape, so he did well. I agree that Mears getting beat shows she is beatable, but, A.) She twisted her ankle right before the 2 mile marker, and B.) It is good for her to be beat, it's good motivation.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:07 pm

theman wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:The whole EDC was not there cause Devils Lake and Wahpeton weren't there. Devils Lake will have two runners in the top 20 at the EDC meet. GFC will win it and WF will take 2nd. A full Shanley-Oak Grove team (adding the 4 that went 1-2-3-4 in the JV) will get 3rd. The individual title will be a fun race to watch! Harlow, Mendee, Uetz, and Gehrig are far above the rest of the field. Gehrig was hurting yesterday and Uetz was not 100% but that does not take anything away from Harlow and Mendee, they ran great races.

While you prove some good points, I will have to disagree with you on a few of them. You are right in saying that DL wasn't there, they usually are. Wahpeton isn't Class A this year, are they? Second, what do you mean by a full Shanley/OG team? They had their top 5 varsity, which is all they needed. Third, Gehrig fell down at one point in the race, that would explain that, and Uetz is still getting in shape, so he did well. I agree that Mears getting beat shows she is beatable, but, A.) She twisted her ankle right before the 2 mile marker, and B.) It is good for her to be beat, it's good motivation.

Wahpeton is Class A still (its Valley City that dropped to Class B). Shanley/OG ran their freshman in the JV race...they would have been within their teams top 5. I didn't know Gehrig fell but Harlow ran a VERY good race...I think he would have won anyways...and I know Uetz is still getting back into shape...that's what I said. GF Central is tough this year! WF will be 2nd (no one can beat them if their top 5 have a decent race. Shanley/OG was actually 4th and South got 5th...the scorers switched each teams 6th runners around on accident. The next true test will come September 19th in Valley City when every team in the State will be there!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby theman » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:24 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:

Wahpeton is Class A still (its Valley City that dropped to Class B). Shanley/OG ran their freshman in the JV race...they would have been within their teams top 5. I didn't know Gehrig fell but Harlow ran a VERY good race...I think he would have won anyways...and I know Uetz is still getting back into shape...that's what I said. GF Central is tough this year! WF will be 2nd (no one can beat them if their top 5 have a decent race. Shanley/OG was actually 4th and South got 5th...the scorers switched each teams 6th runners around on accident. The next true test will come September 19th in Valley City when every team in the State will be there!

This week's Shanley invite will be interesting to see how fast Lukas Gemar is in relation to EDC runners, but I agree that Valley City will be where everything is learned, since the reason everybody will be there is because that's where state it. Do you know if there will be a separate Class B race?
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:30 pm

theman wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:

This week's Shanley invite will be interesting to see how fast Lukas Gemar is in relation to EDC runners, but I agree that Valley City will be where everything is learned, since the reason everybody will be there is because that's where state it. Do you know if there will be a separate Class B race?

I doubt it...there has never been separate divisions at meets like this.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby theman » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:31 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:

I doubt it!

Ok because whenever state is at Jamestown, there are alot of class B schools that come to the first meet, and I doubt the starting line at Valley City can hold every class A and many class B schools at the same time.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:00 pm

theman wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:

I doubt it!

Ok because whenever state is at Jamestown, there are alot of class B schools that come to the first meet, and I doubt the starting line at Valley City can hold every class A and many class B schools at the same time.

Some Class B teams may run in the JV division...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Dunseith_Runners » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Our girls will be running class A even though we are class B. See you there...
Dunseith_Runners
NDPreps Starter

Return to Cross Country