Brett Kelly

Re: Brett Kelly

Postby theman » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:41 pm

jim77 wrote:
theman wrote:Jim,
Yes Bisamarck is deep, but their 6-10 runners would not take 2nd in state.
Bismarck can't train 80 miles a week. There's no way for a high school team.
Also, they are such an amazing program because they get kids from other schools (my opinion).
Don't get me wrong, they are amazing, work hard, and deserve state this year.

Man,

I didn't say 6-10...balanced they would be close. As far as the 60-80 miles a week training, I'll quote the coach himself:

"Coach Zittleman - We average 60-80 miles per week with our top 15."

There is a link on another thread where you can read it yourself.

Yes, I read that, too, but if I told you that West Fargo runs 250 miles a week, would you believe me?
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby opinionated » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:32 am

Yes Bismarck is deep, but their 6-10 runners would not take 2nd in state.
Also, they are such an amazing program because they get kids from other schools (my opinion).

I totally disagree with you.. the SECOND 5 runners for BHS have an average finish time of 16:56-17:35 for an average time of 17:16, they have an average team score of 76 points. This would be enough to be the State Champions whether you like it or not. The facts are the facts... Other runners come to BHS because they have the best boys and girls coaches in the state. Great Coaches attract great athletes and great athletes win state championships.It is really a simple formula a great diet, lots of miles, weightlifting, core workout and great teammates who are dedicated to making each other into better runners..... If you want to become the best runner you can possibly be and are willing to put in the hard work then you can achieve that success at BHS ... runners if you are thinking about cross country and you want to become the best runner you possibly can then choice is clear BHS.... You will not regret it!
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby opinionated » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:44 am

My top ten would look like this with a winning time of 16:05
Weist
Brown Otter
Kelly
Gehrig
Uetz
Hintz
Leingang
Harlow
Schafer
Degree
It is not necessarily what I want to happen it is what I think will happen there is a difference.
Next ones in no particular order: Kashur, Sether, Kamoni,Schafer, Barnes, Peterson, Mendee, Naylor, Norstag, Todd, Humann, Huizenga, Mack, Kutka, Donnelly
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:56 am

opinionated wrote:My top ten would look like this with a winning time of 16:05
Weist
Brown Otter
Kelly
Gehrig
Uetz
Hintz
Leingang
Harlow
Schafer
Degree
It is not necessarily what I want to happen it is what I think will happen there is a difference.
Next ones in no particular order: Kashur, Sether, Kamoni,Schafer, Barnes, Peterson, Mendee, Naylor, Norstag, Todd, Humann, Huizenga, Mack, Kutka, Donnelly

My Top Ten are as follows:
Kelly (Cen)
BrownOtter (B)
Wiest (B)
Harlow (GFC)
Gehrig (WF)
Uetz (WF)
Kamoni (J)
Hintz (B)
Shaffer (Wil)
Kashur (B)
Next 15 in no real order: Barnes (B), Degree (B), Dana Naylor (S-OG), Sether (Cen), Mendee (RR), Peterson (WF), Shafer (GFC), Radcliffe (South), Leingang (B), Mack (DL), Donnelly (Wil), Norstog (South), Kutka (D), Francois (RR), Daniel Naylor (S-OG)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:50 pm

CBO is the state champion!!! Congrats. He deserves it.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby opinionated » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:05 pm

1 1 Christian Brownotter 12 Bismarck 15:38.64 5:03
2 1 Brett Kelly 12 Century 15:42.69 5:04
3 2 Ian Wiest 12 Bismarck 15:43.29 5:04
4 3 Jake Leingang 9 Bismarck 16:06.54 5:12
5 2 Levi Sether 11 Century 16:09.39 5:13
6 4 Josh Hintz 12 Bismarck 16:30.59 5:19
7 5 Cody Humann 10 Bismarck 16:30.59 5:19
8 6 Lucas Degree 12 Bismarck 16:32.94 5:20
9 7 Brandon Barnes 12 Bismarck 16:33.19 5:20
10 1 Caleb Shaffer 11 Williston 16:33.29 5:20
11 8 Austin Todd 10 Bismarck 16:36.64 5:21
12 1 Francis Mendee 11 Grand Forks Red 16:37.04 5:21
13 1 Dana Naylor 11 Shanley 16:37.49 5:22
14 1 Spencer Kamoni 12 Jamestown 16:38.89 5:22
15 2 Nathan Donnelly 11 Williston 16:42.69 5:23
16 1 Shane Harlow 11 Grand Forks Centra 16:46.09 5:24
17 1 Travis Mack 12 Devils Lake 16:47.14 5:25
18 9 Alex Huizenga 11 Bismarck 16:47.79 5:25
19 2 Tom Fisher 10 Grand Forks Central 16:48.54 5:25
20 3 Chris Chamberlin 9 Williston 16:53.99 5:27

Senior Athlete of the Year Brett Kelly
Coaches of the Year BHS Demon Coaches Anderson and Zittleman

I guess I was right.... the second five for BHS would have been State Champs... DEMONATION
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby nodaksioux » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:18 pm

Where are all the haters at now? Congrats to the Bismarck Demons! Christian Brownotter Class A Champion Cross Country
nodaksioux
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Browner » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:30 pm

One Question:
How did Kelly get Sr. Athlete of the Year? :?
"Never underestimate the power of the Schwarz"
Browner
NDPreps Starter

Postby crosscountry » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:38 pm

Browner wrote:One Question:

Because its on and off the field and brett kelly is a 4.0 genius who is the kindest most loving person ive ever had the pleasure to meet and man hes amazing and brett kellys fan support wasnt negative towards other runners. All i could here when brett won senior althlete of the year was one of brown otters supports saying one race whih is classless in so many ways
Aaannd boom goes the dynamite
crosscountry
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:23 am

Congrats. Sounds like it was a great year for both those guys.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby John Cena » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:23 pm

crosscountry wrote:

Because its on and off the field and brett kelly is a 4.0 genius who is the kindest most loving person ive ever had the pleasure to meet and man hes amazing and brett kellys fan support wasnt negative towards other runners. All i could here when brett won senior althlete of the year was one of brown otters supports saying one race whih is classless in so many ways

Good job BK.
IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE KING IS COOKIN'
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby jim77 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:13 pm

Congrats to Bismarck boys and girls on their state championships. Well done. Congrats to Brett Kelly on his Senior athlete of the year....and a great career.I would love to see him and the Demons qualify for NXN! On to Sioux falls!
jim77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:18 pm

opinionated wrote:

I totally disagree with you.. the SECOND 5 runners for BHS have an average finish time of 16:56-17:35 for an average time of 17:16, they have an average team score of 76 points. This would be enough to be the State Champions whether you like it or not. The facts are the facts... Other runners come to BHS because they have the best boys and girls coaches in the state. Great Coaches attract great athletes and great athletes win state championships.It is really a simple formula a great diet, lots of miles, weightlifting, core workout and great teammates who are dedicated to making each other into better runners..... If you want to become the best runner you can possibly be and are willing to put in the hard work then you can achieve that success at BHS ... runners if you are thinking about cross country and you want to become the best runner you possibly can then choice is clear BHS.... You will not regret it!

I wish to be as good of a runner as possible, but at the same time I cannot just pack up my bags and go run for Bismarck. Don't make it sound that easy.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sokrispy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:25 pm

He was ten times more valuable to his team then anyone else out there. Without Brett Kelly, the Patriots wouldn't have taken second place. Congrats Brett Kelly for winning Senior Athlete of the Year and not disgracing the sport or yourself in the meanwhile like some others did..
I'm so krispy, so krispy
sokrispy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ballingman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:02 pm

congrats to brett getting senior athlete of the year no one was more deserving then him
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Postby footbrawl » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:32 pm

nodaksioux wrote:You know this is crazy you guys arguing back in fourth about a sport. And making fun of Christian is just childish. Some one even made the comment about him being cocky in no way is he being cocky. I tell you this Christian is one of the most respectful boys/man I know and I know this because Ive watched him grow up. Believe me Christian would not stoop this low to the people who a degrading him because hes not like all of you. CHS fans quit with your little childish quotes and making your t-shirts about Brett eating a Brownotter, who do you think you are? At least he has a background! You know who you are. Im not going to bend to your level about making up things to hurt anyones feeling because Im not like that. All I can say is that it is going to be a good race and I wish all teams the best of luck. And this is to Christian keep your head up and you dont need me to tell you that. You have a lot of people supporting you and Ian W. You guys will do awesome and we all know the colleges are out for grabs on you! Good Luck to all!

I saw christian yelling things at brett kellys fan support about brett getting second after he won state and thats real respectful.......

and i saw the brett kelly shirts and there wasnt one otter on the shirt but rather a king a soccer player and a runner
footbrawl
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr. All Day » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:39 pm

crosscountry wrote:

i would have to agree Brett Kelly is THE nicest guy i know congrats on Senior althlete of the year
Mr. All Day
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MasterChief » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:13 pm

i run with brett kelly and even though he didn't win he was still happy that we got 2nd as a team.
MasterChief
NDPreps Rookie

Postby theman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:35 pm

MasterChief wrote:i run with brett kelly and even though he didn't win he was still happy that we got 2nd as a team.

I think every team in the state except for one would've been happy with second place. I know my team would've :wink:
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nodaksioux » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:39 am

Congrats to Christian Brownotter Class A Boys XC CHAMPION!!!!!
nodaksioux
NDPreps Rookie

Postby crosscountry » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:25 pm

opinionated wrote:

Its people like you that abuse open enrollment policies. Other programs will never advance in skill with arrogant pompus bhs people telling everyone to transfer to bhs. Look at the bhs team this year, their two "top dogs" were both outta town transfers. BHS more like BS
Aaannd boom goes the dynamite
crosscountry
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:49 pm

I think this topic has been taken far enough....closed
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Cross Country