2009 Pre-Season Rankings

Re: 2009 Pre-Season Rankings

Postby BHSrunner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:18 am

I LOVE the disrespect for BHS boys XC.

1st in the XC polls, 1st individual in the polls.

I'm not being a braggart, but we get dumped on every year.

I think I can remember somebody had Jamestown as the favorites in pre-season last year... yup.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller24 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:02 pm

BHSrunner wrote:I LOVE the disrespect for BHS boys XC.

I think I can remember somebody had Jamestown as the favorites in pre-season last year... yup.

well when bhs recruits from schools in class b and recruits from schools in south dakota, its hard for other schools to compete with runners who actually lived in their towns for most of their lives..
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:32 pm

baller24 wrote:

well when bhs recruits from schools in class b and recruits from schools in south dakota, its hard for other schools to compete with runners who actually lived in their towns for most of their lives..

We have the best program in the state and we just took a team to Nike XC Nationals last season... of course kids want to come here. Where are you from?
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:34 pm

baller24 wrote:

LOL you think BHS recruits...
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:01 pm

BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:

LOL you think BHS recruits... tool.

Baller24 has a great point. You may get offensive and say that it's not recruiting, but that is the same as saying that sky blue and light blue are not the same, when in reality they are. I scoured last year's state results after seeing the results of Bismarck's invitational. Why you may ask? Simple......there were two runners with whom I was not familiar with (Degree and Kashlur). They were not in last year's state results, yet they ran 16:40's. Now are you gonna tell me that Bismarck just happened to have a couple of JV runners drop 3 minutes in one summer? No. They get kids from other high school areas, unlike areas like GF. Look at central. They've had the same top 5 since Collin Parish graduated, and they will through the end of next season where they will take Bismarck down (unless they can pick up 2 or 3 more under 17's from nowhere).
It is obvious that you will have bias being that you are from Bismark, but saying they don't recruit it plain-as-day ignorance.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:04 pm

theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:

Baller24 has a great point. You may get offensive and say that it's not recruiting, but that is the same as saying that sky blue and light blue are not the same, when in reality they are. I scoured last year's state results after seeing the results of Bismarck's invitational. Why you may ask? Simple......there were two runners with whom I was not familiar with (Degree and Kashlur). They were not in last year's state results, yet they ran 16:40's. Now are you gonna tell me that Bismarck just happened to have a couple of JV runners drop 3 minutes in one summer? No. They get kids from other high school areas, unlike areas like GF. Look at central. They've had the same top 5 since Collin Parish graduated, and they will through the end of next season where they will take Bismarck down (unless they can pick up 2 or 3 more under 17's from nowhere).
It is obvious that you will have bias being that you are from Bismark, but saying they don't recruit it plain-as-day ignorance.

Way to put it!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BHSrunner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:22 pm

theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:

...Kashur is a freshman who put in a ton of work, and he went to Simle middle school in Bismarck. DeGree has lived in bismarck for all his life I believe and just came out for XC this year instead of Soccer. Just like Nuss did.

People want to run for Dave zittleman and Darrell Anderson because they want exposure.

Calling it recruiting is plain ignorant and borderline slander.

I'm sorry that wherever you are from can't get kids out for XC and not soccer or hockey or football.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:25 pm

I can explain ever runner in the last 4 years if you want me too.

Joash Osoro came from Africa to escape an absolutely horrible situation. He went to St. Mary's and wanted to run XC. He ran for BHS XC. case closed.

Christian's family got a job in Bismarck, and with them living in South Bismarck, he went to BHS by default.

Anybody else?
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller24 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:

Way to put it!!

i know that degree was a track runner for bhs in the defense of BHSrunner.. but i am talking about this ian wiest and whoever the other guy they got from SD.. i dont know i just think it makes teams for example GFC who have had the youth come through the system and now start to excel but are overshadowed by a bunch of "transfers" that are in other parts of the country/state that should stay where they grow up.. just my opinion and think as you wish upon it
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:37 pm

baller24 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:

Way to put it!!

i know that degree was a track runner for bhs in the defense of BHSrunner.. but i am talking about this ian wiest and whoever the other guy they got from SD.. i dont know i just think it makes teams for example GFC who have had the youth come through the system and now start to excel but are overshadowed by a bunch of "transfers" that are in other parts of the country/state that should stay where they grow up.. just my opinion and think as you wish upon it

You don't know Wiest's situation and neither do I so you can't really say anythig about it.

I still don't understand where this recruiting fallacy comes from. Name me runners that were "recruited".
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:51 pm

I'm just curious here. How exactly do you recruit high school kids?

"Hey kid, get your family to move to Bismarck so you can run with us for a season." It's a public school, so kids go for free(It's not a LeBron James situation where BHS is some expensive academy).

There are legitimate reasons for everybody running in Bismarck, and you can send me a private message if you want me to expand on it.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller24 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:07 pm

BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:

Way to put it!!

You don't know Wiest's situation and neither do I so you can't really say anythig about it.

I still don't understand where this recruiting fallacy comes from. Name me runners that were "recruited".

it just seems quite sketchy that so many above average athletes transfer to BHS, maybe I am blind and don’t see what really goes on but as a competitive athlete it’s a shame that people have to always win, it makes for smaller schools who have pride in their naturally ‘abilitated’ * teams lose their self-worth at a state meet because another school gets stocked up from all theses smaller class b schools and out of state schools.. In my book, their needs to be stiffer rules against transfers and those who choose to do sports, I’m sure it has been brought up by I guess its not all that important to NDHSAA.. But what does a fellar like myself know.. ( this post is nothing against any specific athlete, It is just a general statement and should not be taken offensive those transfers to BHS in anyway)
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:17 pm

baller24 wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:

Way to put it!!

it just seems quite sketchy that so many above average athletes transfer to BHS, maybe I am blind and don’t see what really goes on but as a competitive athlete it’s a shame that people have to always win, it makes for smaller schools who have pride in their naturally ‘abilitated’ * teams lose their self-worth at a state meet because another school gets stocked up from all theses smaller class b schools and out of state schools.. In my book, their needs to be stiffer rules against transfers and those who choose to do sports, I’m sure it has been brought up by I guess its not all that important to NDHSAA.. But what does a fellar like myself know.. ( this post is nothing against any specific athlete, It is just a general statement and should not be taken offensive those transfers to BHS in anyway)

Which transfers do you speak of? Like I said there are very legitimate reasons for the kids being in Bismarck, and I would certainly take it up with you in private messaging.

In any case what can you do? If a kids family moves to a new town(the child has zero control just ask me about it), you just don't let them run?
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller24 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:26 pm

BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:

Way to put it!!

Which transfers do you speak of? Like I said there are very legitimate reasons for the kids being in Bismarck, and I would certainly take it up with you in private messaging.

In any case what can you do? If a kids family moves to a new town(the child has zero control just ask me about it), you just don't let them run?

exactly what should happen, because that is a loophole I see with the situation.. say I decided to move to bhs tomorrow and start running in a bhs uniform for the Kiwanas meet in Mandan on Saturday for bhs, I mean as long as my parents move to bismarck I can be on a team that is a shoe-in for a state xc team title.. I am sure it is hard for someone to just have their lives uprooted because of their parents’ decision to move, but then the student should have to sit out a season or a certain amount of days similar to season
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:40 pm

baller24 wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:

Way to put it!!

exactly what should happen, because that is a loophole I see with the situation.. say I decided to move to bhs tomorrow and start running in a bhs uniform for the Kiwanas meet in Mandan on Saturday for bhs, I mean as long as my parents move to bismarck I can be on a team that is a shoe-in for a state xc team title.. I am sure it is hard for someone to just have their lives uprooted because of their parents’ decision to move, but then the student should have to sit out a season or a certain amount of days similar to season

That doesn't even happen in college where booster money is most likely in play.

So if a person's family has to accept a job in a purely financial situation, or other home matters that bring a person to a different city, they sit out a year? When it is out of their control?

Some people...
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:36 am

I see where you are coming from with the transfer situation but at the same time, pay is usually higher in a bigger city than a smaller one. Take for example a nurse in Rugby ND makes about $15 depending on experience and can make $22 an hour in Bismarck. Most families would move to Bismarck and if this were to happen then there should not be a sit out period for that athlete.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:18 pm

baller24 wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
baller24 wrote:

Way to put it!!

Exactly. You don't think other schools deal with kids in other sports? One of West Fargo's top 6 runners is the place kicker for the football team. Their third runner at state last year is playing soccer. Don't think Bismarck is alone. Think.....you are a high schooler undecided which sport to play: the most dominant cross team in the state or a lesser soccer program. Hmmmmm........not that hard. Baller24 puts the point right on the money by saying that it is definately fishy that they keep getting amazing runners out of the woodwork.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Thirty » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:52 pm

XC isn't the only sport either, Im pretty sure that Jalen Finley transfered from a class B school to Bismarck for basketball when his parents all of the sudden got a job offering in the area. And I heard that coach Miller tried hooking Austin Dufault's parents up with jobs in Bismarck, but that didn't work out.

I dont know any of these runners, but if the XC program is anything like the other sports at BHS, then there is no doubt in my mind that they recruit players
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Thirty wrote:XC isn't the only sport either, Im pretty sure that Jalen Finley transfered from a class B school to Bismarck for basketball when his parents all of the sudden got a job offering in the area. And I heard that coach Miller tried hooking Austin Dufault's parents up with jobs in Bismarck, but that didn't work out.

I dont know any of these runners, but if the XC program is anything like the other sports at BHS, then there is no doubt in my mind that they recruit players

At least you are going off something credible, like hearsay.

Please refer to what "Baller" said, he isn't a bitter juvenile.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Also, nobody has private messaged me, I think that is because I have debunked every single BHS running instance of "recruiting" that I possibly can, or people don't want to hear an explanation.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thirty » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:19 pm

BHSrunner wrote:
Thirty wrote:XC isn't the only sport either, Im pretty sure that Jalen Finley transfered from a class B school to Bismarck for basketball when his parents all of the sudden got a job offering in the area. And I heard that coach Miller tried hooking Austin Dufault's parents up with jobs in Bismarck, but that didn't work out.

By "heard" I in no way hinted that I was the last person in a game of telephone and that's the closest thing I could come up with that matched the syllables the person before me used.

By "heard" I meant someone (who may be credible, I don't know why you would assume not, after hearing next to nothing of the story) spoke those words to me and my ears picked up the vibrations caused by his voice and sent signals to my brain. You can refer back to this post if you ever get confused with the definition of the word "heard" again.

You may think you're real smart "debunking" claims that your school doesn't recruit athletes, but in my mind you just look stubborn and foolish for arguing these, for the most part, inarguable facts. I don't think people would move from their friends and family just to make 25 more cents an hour, there has to be more to it.
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:32 pm

How did we go from Pre-season rankings to recruiting????
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BHSrunner » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:34 pm

Thirty wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:

By "heard" I in no way hinted that I was the last person in a game of telephone and that's the closest thing I could come up with that matched the syllables the person before me used.

By "heard" I meant someone (who may be credible, I don't know why you would assume not, after hearing next to nothing of the story) spoke those words to me and my ears picked up the vibrations caused by his voice and sent signals to my brain. You can refer back to this post if you ever get confused with the definition of the word "heard" again.

You may think you're real smart "debunking" claims that your school doesn't recruit athletes, but in my mind you just look stubborn and foolish for arguing these, for the most part, inarguable facts. I don't think people would move from their friends and family just to make 25 more cents an hour, there has to be more to it.

So type the names of athletes that run XC for BHS that are in question to you. I don't personally know anybody on the basketball team that well, so it's not my place.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thirty » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:44 pm

BHSrunner wrote:
Thirty wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:

So type the names of athletes that run XC for BHS that are in question to you. I don't personally know anybody on the basketball team that well, so it's not my place.

I wasn't referring to XC runners, for all I know, they are legit, I have no reason to believe otherwise. In my mindless, semi-non-related rant, I was just saying that I'm fairly certain that BHS isn't foreign to recruiting athletes, and it isn't really an outrageous claim
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:15 pm

End the recruiting junk right now or this will be locked.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Cross Country