Top Teams Next Year

Top Teams Next Year

Postby RRXC » Fri May 22, 2009 9:03 am

Who are going to be the top teams next year?
RRXC
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Top Teams Next Year

Postby WalkingStick » Sat May 23, 2009 11:59 pm

West Fargo will be the favorite in the EDC but Shanley/Oak Grove and GF Central will also be right there with them...my sleeper pick is GF Red River.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby runnerfan » Tue May 26, 2009 1:00 am

WF
Last edited by runnerfan on Wed May 27, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runnerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Tue May 26, 2009 1:53 am

runnerfan wrote:ANDREW ALLEN

TEAMS!! not runner...plus who the heck is Andrew Allen??

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theman » Wed May 27, 2009 12:12 pm

I would like to analyze this question.
First off, there are three contenders that won't graduate anybody. Central, Century, and West Fargo all didn't graduate anydbody in their top five. Bismarck (who had an incredible 17 points at the state meet), graduates 4 of the top 5 and 5 of the top 7. If you score next years meet based upon last years results minus the seniors, West Fargo wins by 18 points.
Second, I would say West Fargo anyway, because their top runner Jamison Gehrig, had an off day at the state meet and can do better. Scott Salter, Lukas Johnson, and Darin Baltezore all had bad races that day. Scott Salter was a soccer player, and when they lost in the EDC tournament, he came on the team for EDC and state. Next year he will dedicate all season to cross country. Josh Hanson will still play soccer, but he just got done running the two mile at the state track meet.
Third, experience. They all know now what the state meet means. I really think it will be WF.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Wed May 27, 2009 2:33 pm

I don't even have to analyze it like that...it WILL BE West Fargo!!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby runnerfan » Wed May 27, 2009 4:49 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
runnerfan wrote:ANDREW ALLEN

TEAMS!! not runner...plus who the heck is Andrew Allen??

I never said that?
runnerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby runnerfan » Wed May 27, 2009 4:53 pm

theman wrote:I would like to analyze this question.
First off, there are three contenders that won't graduate anybody. Central, Century, and West Fargo all didn't graduate anydbody in their top five. Bismarck (who had an incredible 17 points at the state meet), graduates 4 of the top 5 and 5 of the top 7. If you score next years meet based upon last years results minus the seniors, West Fargo wins by 18 points.
Second, I would say West Fargo anyway, because their top runner Jamison Gehrig, had an off day at the state meet and can do better. Scott Salter, Lukas Johnson, and Darin Baltezore all had bad races that day. Scott Salter was a soccer player, and when they lost in the EDC tournament, he came on the team for EDC and state. Next year he will dedicate all season to cross country. Josh Hanson will still play soccer, but he just got done running the two mile at the state track meet.
Third, experience. They all know now what the state meet means. I really think it will be WF.

So the EDC will be alright this year. West Fargo, Fargo North, Central, Red River, and Shanley all have some experience.
runnerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Wed May 27, 2009 5:09 pm

runnerfan wrote:
theman wrote:I would like to analyze this question.

So the EDC will be alright this year. West Fargo, Fargo North, Central, Red River, and Shanley all have some experience.

Yupp with WF and GFC not losing any runners and Shanley/Oak Grove only losing one runner! Fargo North will be down this year!!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Cross Country