Top runner next year?

Re: Top runner next year?

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:52 am

Mendee will be a top runner in the EDC; but I just don't see him making it to the top in the whole State. Maybe top 5...maybe!!
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdog » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:33 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Mendee will be a top runner in the EDC; but I just don't see him making it to the top in the whole State. Maybe top 5...maybe!!

I give him top 25 but not top 5. Lets be serious here.
cdog
NDPreps Reserve

Postby _davis20 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:03 pm

this is christian davis lol, umm...yes i did run in state this year..took 60th, but i got disqualified..and..so did like..4 of my teammates as well. So, wasn't a fun time, just wanted to mention that. haha
_davis20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndpreps09 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:15 pm

_davis20 wrote:this is christian davis lol, umm...yes i did run in state this year..took 60th, but i got disqualified..and..so did like..4 of my teammates as well. So, wasn't a fun time, just wanted to mention that. haha

Thanks for the update, we were worried lol.
ndpreps09
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:27 pm

_davis20 wrote:this is christian davis lol, umm...yes i did run in state this year..took 60th, but i got disqualified..and..so did like..4 of my teammates as well. So, wasn't a fun time, just wanted to mention that. haha

why did you get DQed?
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby John Cena » Thu May 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Brett Kelly can, and defiantely put up a excellent fight. He has worked hard for this oppurtunity his whole running career and he won't accept failure.
IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE KING IS COOKIN'
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby RRXC » Fri May 22, 2009 9:06 am

I think Alex Bakken and Alex Kloster are going top EDC runners from RR. They will come out of nowhere.
RRXC
NDPreps Rookie

Postby WalkingStick » Sun May 24, 2009 12:01 am

RRXC wrote:I think Alex Bakken and Alex Kloster are going top EDC runners from RR. They will come out of nowhere.

We'll see...there will be a lot of runners from WF, Shanley/Oak Grove and GF Central up in the top of EDC next season...plus North has Waha Sem and GFRR has Francis Mendee also coming back. I won't count them out as of right now...if they are going to be up there they are going to have to put on some serious miles this summer! Can't wait for the season to start :)

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby runnerfan » Tue May 26, 2009 1:08 am

the east has some good freshman coming in.
Last edited by runnerfan on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
runnerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Tue May 26, 2009 1:57 am

Shanley/Oak Grove has two runners that were 8th graders last season that ran sub-11:00 3ks consistently and were key runners down the stretch in their run to a top 3 finish in the EDC.

Shanley/Oak Grove won't have a standout runner like most teams within the EDC; but they will have a very good pack of runners that will make it tough for teams to beat them!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theman » Wed May 27, 2009 12:16 pm

First off, Francis Mendee from GFRR will not even get 2nd team all state this year. It won't happen.
Secondly, here is the way the top three at state will be: Brett Kelly, Jamison Gehrig, Spencer Uetz.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Wed May 27, 2009 2:30 pm

theman wrote:First off, Francis Mendee from GFRR will not even get 2nd team all state this year. It won't happen.
Secondly, here is the way the top three at state will be: Brett Kelly, Jamison Gehrig, Spencer Uetz.

There is no such thing as 2nd team all state in XC its all All-State for the Top 20 and Honorable Mention
for the next few spots I believe.

Those top 3 are very good bets this year...but you have to throw in at least one more person from the west (Bismarck).

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby runnerfan » Wed May 27, 2009 4:48 pm

theman wrote:First off, Francis Mendee from GFRR will not even get 2nd team all state this year. It won't happen.

youll see.
runnerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Wed May 27, 2009 5:10 pm

I think that Mendee has a chance but it is a small chance right now...we'll see when the season starts!!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby runnerfan » Wed May 27, 2009 6:56 pm

but it'll be uetz
Last edited by runnerfan on Fri May 29, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runnerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Wed May 27, 2009 9:18 pm

WalkingStick wrote:

There is no such thing as 2nd team all state in XC its all All-State for the Top 20 and Honorable Mention

Those top 3 are very good bets this year...but you have to throw in at least one more person from the west (Bismarck).

Runners 9-20 get 2nd team all state and 1-8 get first team.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Wed May 27, 2009 10:37 pm

theman wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

ah okay...I never actually knew that...they really don't publicize that!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller24 » Sat May 30, 2009 11:58 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
theman wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

How sure are you of this? becasue never once have i EVER heard of this.. any evidence to prove this?
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Sun May 31, 2009 2:35 am

baller24 wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
theman wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

How sure are you of this? becasue never once have i EVER heard of this.. any evidence to prove this?

I think that I found it somewhere online...I'll will try to find it and post the link!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sun May 31, 2009 2:38 am

WalkingStick wrote:
baller24 wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
theman wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

I think that I found it somewhere online...I'll will try to find it and post the link!

here is an example...1-8 are 1st team all-state, 9-16 are 2nd team all-state and 17-20 are honorable mention!

http://www.fargo.k12.nd.us/education/sc ... ountry.pdf

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theman » Sun May 31, 2009 11:09 am

WalkingStick wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
baller24 wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
theman wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

here is an example...1-8 are 1st team all-state, 9-16 are 2nd team all-state and 17-20 are honorable mention!

http://www.fargo.k12.nd.us/education/sc ... ountry.pdf

How do I know this? Because I've participated in the state meet for the last few years.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BHSrunner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:16 am

cdog wrote:Bhs runner and balla are oviously from bhs so they are naturally going to pick brown otter. Take it from an outsider who actually knows the sport, Brett Kelly already has it won.

Mhmm.... is that right?

The state meet hasn't run yet, but my guy is first in the polls.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby _davis20 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:13 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:

why did you get DQed?

i was practically in the middle of the pack, and i'm thinking the third turn of the race i had to jump over the pole or whatever because i got shoved and it just popped out of no where. My left foot when ouside the boundaries, so i'm guess thats what happened.
_davis20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BHSrunner » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:50 am

_davis20 wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:

why did you get DQed?

i was practically in the middle of the pack, and i'm thinking the third turn of the race i had to jump over the pole or whatever because i got shoved and it just popped out of no where. My left foot when ouside the boundaries, so i'm guess thats what happened.

That's freaking bogus.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:11 am

BHSrunner wrote:
_davis20 wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:

why did you get DQed?

That's freaking bogus.

If you were forced into the flag and missed it because of that they would not have DQed you!! You had to have done something else...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

PreviousNext

Return to Cross Country