Senior Athlete of the Year

Senior Athlete of the Year

Postby straightballer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:38 pm

Congrats to the winners of the Senior of the Year award but i have a problem with Sarah Feeney winning the Class A girls award. She wasn't really that productive all year and missed a lot of meets for Basketball. Dakota Wolf of Dickinson had 4 wins and 2 second place finishes to go along with a 4th place finish at state i dont understand how she didnt win the award. If she ran for BHS she would have been the hands down favorite.
straightballer

Re: Senior Athlete of the Year

Postby Baller » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:44 pm

Who were all of the winners?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby straightballer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:49 pm

Class A Boys--Joash Osoro

Class A Girls--Sarah Feeney

and idk about the class b winners im sure Justin Grinnell go the boys
straightballer

Postby trackbbfan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:46 pm

What is the senior athlete critera? If it based on their entire career or JUST senior year? If it is just senior year, both Steph Greer and Dakota Wolf were robbed. (those 2 should have been nominated from the west)

A little off subject.....but, the coaches of the year award was a joke, too. Century girls didn't even finish in the top 5. How do you not give it to the Bismarck coaches? (both boys and girls) Neither lost to another ND team all year long.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:43 pm

[quote="straightballer"]Congrats to the winners of the Senior of the Year award but i have a problem with Sarah Feeney winning the Class A girls award. She wasn't really that productive all year and missed a lot of meets for Basketball. Dakota Wolf of Dickinson had 4 wins and 2 second place finishes to go along with a 4th place finish at state i dont understand how she didnt win the award. If she ran for BHS she would have been the hands down favorite.[/quote]

Exactly. One of my friends last year was also robbed of SAOTY for boys. I don't follow it closely, but he beat the winner like 4/5 times or something like that. Its all about who you run for.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller24 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:50 pm

balla45 wrote:
straightballer wrote:Congrats to the winners of the Senior of the Year award but i have a problem with Sarah Feeney winning the Class A girls award. She wasn't really that productive all year and missed a lot of meets for Basketball. Dakota Wolf of Dickinson had 4 wins and 2 second place finishes to go along with a 4th place finish at state i dont understand how she didnt win the award. If she ran for BHS she would have been the hands down favorite.[/quote]

Exactly. One of my friends last year was also robbed of SAOTY for boys. I don't follow it closely, but he beat the winner like 4/5 times or something like that. Its all about who you run for.

Speaking about awards, isnt the gatorade athlete of the year a senior only award? If so why did joash osoro win it last year? also i believe that this whole thing about two years and a half ago (spring of 2006 in a newspaper written by the tribune that joash stated he was 18 years old and that would now make him 21 if is birthday is in august like it says on his passport and junk
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:55 pm

baller24 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
straightballer wrote:Congrats to the winners of the Senior of the Year award but i have a problem with Sarah Feeney winning the Class A girls award. She wasn't really that productive all year and missed a lot of meets for Basketball. Dakota Wolf of Dickinson had 4 wins and 2 second place finishes to go along with a 4th place finish at state i dont understand how she didnt win the award. If she ran for BHS she would have been the hands down favorite.[/quote]

Speaking about awards, isnt the gatorade athlete of the year a senior only award? If so why did joash osoro win it last year? also i believe that this whole thing about two years and a half ago (spring of 2006 in a newspaper written by the tribune that joash stated he was 18 years old and that would now make him 21 if is birthday is in august like it says on his passport and junk

No. Roesler has won it too I believe. I don't think age matters for that. Actually I am 100% sure. Gatorade picks whomever they want.

Yea, I have been wondering about that too.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby stoaxc2004 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:00 am

trackbbfan wrote:What is the senior athlete critera? If it based on their entire career or JUST senior year? If it is just senior year, both Steph Greer and Dakota Wolf were robbed. (those 2 should have been nominated from the west)

A little off subject.....but, the coaches of the year award was a joke, too. Century girls didn't even finish in the top 5. How do you not give it to the Bismarck coaches? (both boys and girls) Neither lost to another ND team all year long.

It was who the other coaches voted for!! Bismarck was for sure the most talented team; but that doesn't exactly mean that the coaches did anything...that is what I don't like about this award!! Most coaches pick a coach that has such a talented team whereas there is a team that maybe in the past has been near the bottom of the State/Region and now has cracked the top 3 or 4 and they don't get any credit!!
stoaxc2004

Postby trackbbfan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:54 pm

If you know anything about the sport of cross country, coaches can't do "anything" and produce a team like Bismarck does year in and year out. It is a grueling sport that gets absolutely no recognition....to build a program like they have involves hours of hard work - by the athletes and their coaches. THe workouts and training - and sometimes training each individual differently - involves a lot of time and effort.....and not just from August 15th until the state meet. A lot of the track/xc athletes train year round. Bismarck coaches were robbed. It is simply called jealousy as to why they didn't receive it.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby stoaxc2004 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:01 am

trackbbfan wrote:If you know anything about the sport of cross country, coaches can't do "anything" and produce a team like Bismarck does year in and year out. It is a grueling sport that gets absolutely no recognition....to build a program like they have involves hours of hard work - by the athletes and their coaches. THe workouts and training - and sometimes training each individual differently - involves a lot of time and effort.....and not just from August 15th until the state meet. A lot of the track/xc athletes train year round. Bismarck coaches were robbed. It is simply called jealousy as to why they didn't receive it.

I somewhat agree with this...but maybe that is what the OTHER coaches who won the award are doing!!
stoaxc2004

Postby trackbbfan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:56 pm

I think it was the Century coaches who won both boys and girls. You are right....stoaxc, they do work hard, too. I am not sure where they ended up last year and how much they improved this year....
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bigblackbeatdown » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:09 pm

trackbbfan wrote:If you know anything about the sport of cross country, coaches can't do "anything" and produce a team like Bismarck does year in and year out. It is a grueling sport that gets absolutely no recognition....to build a program like they have involves hours of hard work - by the athletes and their coaches. THe workouts and training - and sometimes training each individual differently - involves a lot of time and effort.....and not just from August 15th until the state meet. A lot of the track/xc athletes train year round. Bismarck coaches were robbed. It is simply called jealousy as to why they didn't receive it.

they were robbed
Bigblackbeatdown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballfan00 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:00 pm

straightballer wrote:Congrats to the winners of the Senior of the Year award but i have a problem with Sarah Feeney winning the Class A girls award. She wasn't really that productive all year and missed a lot of meets for Basketball. Dakota Wolf of Dickinson had 4 wins and 2 second place finishes to go along with a 4th place finish at state i dont understand how she didnt win the award. If she ran for BHS she would have been the hands down favorite.

The Senior of the Year award goes to the athlete that has had the best all around career, Dakota Wolf had an excellent year! but Sarah Feeney ran 6 state meets in her career and was all state 5 times, and all conference 6 times. and sure Feeney didn't have her most productive year, but her year was still solid and she had a great overall career in cross country.
footballfan00

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:27 pm

footballfan00 wrote:
straightballer wrote:Congrats to the winners of the Senior of the Year award but i have a problem with Sarah Feeney winning the Class A girls award. She wasn't really that productive all year and missed a lot of meets for Basketball. Dakota Wolf of Dickinson had 4 wins and 2 second place finishes to go along with a 4th place finish at state i dont understand how she didnt win the award. If she ran for BHS she would have been the hands down favorite.

The Senior of the Year award goes to the athlete that has had the best all around career, Dakota Wolf had an excellent year! but Sarah Feeney ran 6 state meets in her career and was all state 5 times, and all conference 6 times. and sure Feeney didn't have her most productive year, but her year was still solid and she had a great overall career in cross country.

senior athlete of the year should be given to the senior who has a better "year" not career. If they want to give out a career award they should make a different award with a different name.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:30 pm

balla45 wrote:

ya brent flaa was ripped off a year ago......he beat jake martel every meet but once and didnt get it......just because jake martel had a better career doesnt mean he shouldve won.....martel peaked as a sophmore when he won wda and he didnt even get all state his last 2 years......brent improved every year and had a much better senior year
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:38 am

stoaxc2004 wrote:
trackbbfan wrote:What is the senior athlete critera? If it based on their entire career or JUST senior year? If it is just senior year, both Steph Greer and Dakota Wolf were robbed. (those 2 should have been nominated from the west)

It was who the other coaches voted for!! Bismarck was for sure the most talented team; but that doesn't exactly mean that the coaches did anything...that is what I don't like about this award!! Most coaches pick a coach that has such a talented team whereas there is a team that maybe in the past has been near the bottom of the State/Region and now has cracked the top 3 or 4 and they don't get any credit!!

Bismarck has been winning because the coaches motivate their athletes better than any other coach, and they live, sleep, and eat running. They are easily the most knowledgeable as well. Bismarck does not have superior athletes(excluding Joash Osoro), they have good athletes that run to their potential because of outstanding coaching.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:15 pm

BHSrunner wrote:
stoaxc2004 wrote:

Bismarck has been winning because the coaches motivate their athletes better than any other coach, and they live, sleep, and eat running. They are easily the most knowledgeable as well. Bismarck does not have superior athletes(excluding Joash Osoro), they have good athletes that run to their potential because of outstanding coaching.

so what you are saying is that no other coaches in the state are very knowledgeable??
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BHSrunner » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
BHSrunner wrote:
stoaxc2004 wrote:

so what you are saying is that no other coaches in the state are very knowledgeable??

Not AS Knowledgeable as the BHS coaches. Where are you from?
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:32 am

Okay...I just wanted you to clear up your other message...thanks!!
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Cross Country