State Cross Country 2007

Postby project-pat » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:20 am

The 29th Annual Girl's State meet and 47th annual Boy's state meet will be held in Minot on October 27th. The meet will be held at Souris Valley golf course. The events are as follows...

Class B girls - 1:00 p.m.

Class A girls - 1:30 p.m.

Class B boys - 2:00 p.m.

Class A boys - 2:30 p.m. 

Award ceremonies will immediately follow the races. The girls will run a 4K course and the boys will run a 5K.

What are everybody's predictions??
project-pat

Postby run4fun » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:44 am

k
Last edited by run4fun on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
run4fun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:34 am

i agree with most of those picks...I think Osoro is going to win it by 30 seconds, nobody else will be even close.

Class B girls will be dominated by Anderson, other than that it's pretty wide open. Anybody has the chance to have a great day and the rest of the top 10 isn't really decidable at this point.

On the boys side of B, anybody has the chance to win. I feel Wolf will pull it off if he's feeling up to par, he was sick at regionals and only managed 4th, but at killdeer he picked it up for the win. There is so much individual talent that anybody can make the top 10 on a great day.
project-pat

Postby bcourtbraves » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:00 pm

New Town will probaly run away with the win in Class B Boys.

Minot will win class A girls

BHS will probaly win class A Boys

I'm not sure on class B girls...any help?
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:40 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:New Town will probaly run away with the win in Class B Boys.

Minot will win class A girls

BHS will probaly win class A Boys

I'm not sure on class B girls...any help?

bowman, grafton, griggs county central...my guess is those are the top three in no particular order.
rep

Postby run4fun » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:44 am

I dont know if Joash Osoro will win by quite 30 seconds, but I too think he will win very handily.  My prediction on Colin Parish is this: If he goes out w/ Joash he will not be able to hang and fade back to the second pack-  If he runs a smart race, he will be able to capture second quite handily.

Team predictions:

Class "A" Boys: Bismarck High (pretty big margin)

Class "A" Girls: Minot/Bismarck High (should be very close- it all comes down to Minot's 4th and 5th runners)

Class "B" Boys: New Town (uncontested)

Class "B" Girls: I know absolutely nothing about

What are everyone elses predictions for the individual/team placings?

run4fun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:01 am

run4fun wrote:I dont know if Joash Osoro will win by quite 30 seconds, but I too think he will win very handily.  My prediction on Colin Parish is this: If he goes out w/ Joash he will not be able to hang and fade back to the second pack-  If he runs a smart race, he will be able to capture second quite handily.

Team predictions:

Class "A" Boys: Bismarck High (pretty big margin)

Class "A" Girls: Minot/Bismarck High (should be very close- it all comes down to Minot's 4th and 5th runners)

Class "B" Boys: New Town (uncontested)

Class "B" Girls: I know absolutely nothing about

What are everyone elses predictions for the individual/team placings?

On the B girls side...both Grafton and Bowman are very capable of placing 4 girls in the top 10...it will all depend on who shows up to compete...another huge factor will be grafton's 5th runner, if she runs where she's capable of, Grafton will be tough to beat.
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:11 am

sennx wrote:in the class b boys the beulah guys could pull out gettin in the top five teams with jordan cieslak leading the way with brandon johnson, danny noele, clint senn, and garret sayler backin him up

Beulah will have to have a CAREER day if they want to crack the top 5...I got them 6th or 7th right now. I just don't see it happening.
project-pat

Postby straightballer » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:55 pm

run4fun wrote:Class "A" Boys

1st- Joash Osoro (BHS)

2nd-Colin Parish (GFC)

3rd- Jake Martel (BHS)/Joe Kemp (WHS)

4th- Jake Martel/Joe Kemp

5th- Devin Huizenga (BHS)

6th-Jordan Slusser (JHS)

7th-Mach Akon (FNHS)

8th-Just Slusser (JHS)

9th-Mitch Becker (BHS)

10-Mark Anderson (WHS)

Come on Martel was suppose to be like 4th last year and wasnt even in the top 50. He caves under pressure. Jake Braunberger DHS should be in the top ten easy. Huizenga could challenge Parish for second. Osoro will run away with it. BHS will win it if they show up if not it will be a battle with WHS
straightballer

Postby lisbon bronco fan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:03 pm

Lisbon should do good and at least contend for the state title having anthony finstad keanen koop and anthony finstad donavan williams and others
lisbon bronco fan

Postby project-pat » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:54 pm

lisbon bronco fan wrote:Lisbon should do good and at least contend for the state title having anthony finstad keanen koop and anthony finstad donavan williams and others

are you being serious right now?? honestly....that is a serious question...was there a hint of a laugh in you when you posted that?? You must not be too familiar with cross country or must be a lisbon runner yourself...I'm 125% sure the class b boys state title was decided last year. New Town will put 8-10 runners in the top 20 and will win the state title even if they run the worst races of their lives.
project-pat

Re: State Cross Country 2007

Postby cubsfan » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:20 pm

I have a lot of respect for the people who run cross country because they are disciplined and have to stick to a very hard routine if you want to be good. I just want to wish all the people who participating are in the state good luck. I know you people don't get as much as attention as other sports but this sport is not for the weak of heart. Just out of curious, how long is the state meet? And what time will the winner usually come in at?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby opinionated » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:58 am

The Class A boys winner will finish in
2. 15.59
4. 16.11
5. 16.12
6. 16.14
7. 16.28 and so on down the line
NOW THE ONLY THING LEFT TO DO IS LET THEM RUN AND FILL IN THE BLANKS
Top 10 will be
osoro, parish, kemp, huizenga, slusser, slusser, brown otter, braunberger, becker, anderson
in no particular order.
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby run4fun » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:40 pm

k
Last edited by run4fun on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
run4fun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:17 pm

opinionated wrote:The Class A boys winner will finish in
2. 15.59
4. 16.11
5. 16.12
6. 16.14
7. 16.28 and so on down the line
NOW THE ONLY THING LEFT TO DO IS LET THEM RUN AND FILL IN THE BLANKS
Top 10 will be
osoro, parish, kemp, huizenga, slusser, slusser, brown otter, braunberger, becker, anderson
in no particular order.

wow, what a prediction, i am impressed, and i believe I was correct with the margin of victory between Osoro and Parrish...props to me and opinionated :D
project-pat

Postby run4fun » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:56 pm

Ya great calls by both of you! Opinionated was quite close with the other times as well....and Pat you were like dead-on!
run4fun
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Cross Country