Cross Country

Postby opinionated » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:06 am

Who are the teams to beat this year, any good upcoming freshman?
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:24 pm

Class B boys will be a fight between New Town and Fort Berthold and Bowman as my sleeper team. NT and FB return pretty much everybody where as bowman has some spots to fill. It will all depend on how well kids can step up and fill those spots. I got New Town taking the west region, because of their skill and the fact that it's on their home course. I don't know much about the east if someone can clue me in on that area.
project-pat

Postby miner09 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:57 am

[font=comic sans ms]In Track and Field Shawn Neuberger, He is a jumper; He is getting over a broken leg from his past season. He will be a Jr. at Beulah High.  He is getting back into things with track, so I think he will be doing pretty good this year![/font]
miner09
NDPreps Rookie

Postby project-pat » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:49 pm

miner09 wrote:[font=comic sans ms]In Track and Field Shawn Neuberger, He is a jumper; He is getting over a broken leg from his past season. He will be a Jr. at Beulah High.  He is getting back into things with track, so I think he will be doing pretty good this year![/font]

I thought this was a cross country topic, not track:?
project-pat

Postby Baller » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:12 pm

Laura Roesler is back as a Sophomore for class A girls....I smell a repeat!!
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:24 pm

I have to miss the first 2 weeks of the season, i got ran over by a car:sob:while training! well isn't that just tripping on the 1 yard line huh, run 380 miles to get ready for the season then get hurt a few days before practice starts. Doctors say I'm probably the only case they've seen of a car smashing a foot and a bone not being broken, haha it is still sprained pretty bad though. I'm lucky it wasn't worse because the car managed to tear my shoe in half.  here is a pic after about half of the swelling went down....

Last edited by project-pat on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby rep » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:36 pm

project-pat wrote:I have to miss the first 2 weeks of the season, i got ran over by a car:sob:while training! well isn't that just tripping on the 1 yard line huh, run 380 miles to get ready for the season then get hurt a few days before practice starts. Doctors say I'm probably the only case they've seen of a car smashing a foot and a bone not being broken, haha it is still sprained pretty bad though. I'm lucky it wasn't worse because the car managed to tear my shoe in half.  here is a pic after about half of the swelling went down....

you must quit running down the middle of highways...
rep

Postby Baller » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:05 pm

I think I just threw up in my mouth....I can never open this forum again because I am scarred by that picture.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nd-ball41 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:01 am

Jamestown should still have a pretty good team this year with the Slusser twins, Colin Hillius, and Aaron Motacek. That is 4 all-state runners. They just need a fifth guy.
nd-ball41

Postby project-pat » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:35 am

The swelling in my foot is gone but now it's pretty much just pure black and blue
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:41 pm

haha last pic im posting

project-pat

Postby flatlander » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:14 pm

Get well soon, project-pat... just remember it's a distance race so don't rush  back before you're healed.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:48 am

flatlander wrote:Get well soon, project-pat... just remember it's a distance race so don't rush  back before you're healed.

Yeah my coach isn't allowing me to run the first week of practice, all i can do is bike. And, he most likely won't let me compete in the first meet.
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:40 pm

August 16th Class B coaches poll

Boys:

1. New Town
2. Fort Berthold
3. Bowman
4. Cavalier
5. Rugby

Girls:

1. Bowman
2. Rugby
3. Killdeer
4. Grafton
5. Griggs County Central
project-pat

Postby chuckles noris » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:37 pm

o my you guys minot ryan is definatly the best team in the state led by matt magnuson the kid is in such good shape he can sprint the whole race......watch out for him guys...
chuckles noris
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:54 pm

chuckles noris wrote:o my you guys minot ryan is definatly the best team in the state led by matt magnuson the kid is in such good shape he can sprint the whole race......watch out for him guys...

way to brag your school up man...pretty hard to be the best team in the state right now when your not ranked top 5;). update for ya guys...I am almost positive that I will be competing thursday at the meet in Bowman, won't be 100% but I'll get a chance to see where I am. Almost every team in the west region with the exception of Beulah and another school will be there. I'M SO PUMPED!!!
project-pat

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:38 pm

project-pat wrote:
chuckles noris wrote:o my you guys minot ryan is definatly the best team in the state led by matt magnuson the kid is in such good shape he can sprint the whole race......watch out for him guys...

way to brag your school up man...pretty hard to be the best team in the state right now when your not ranked top 5;). update for ya guys...I am almost positive that I will be competing thursday at the meet in Bowman, won't be 100% but I'll get a chance to see where I am. Almost every team in the west region with the exception of Beulah and another school will be there. I'M SO PUMPED!!!

no he isnt fibbing you my bretheren. along with cody massine....they could be the most dynamic duo....not only this state....but this world has ever seen.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:26 am

I still find it hard to believe...seeing as how I've heard nothing about them until that comment. And I do believe the best duo spot is already taken by Patrick Wolf and Josh Kirkaldie.
project-pat

Postby whitemencanjump » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:11 pm

YOu have to watch out cause this year it could be pat and jeremy grinnel..kid had a great year in track
whitemencanjump
NDPreps Rookie

Postby project-pat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:36 pm

whitemencanjump wrote:YOu have to watch out cause this year it could be pat and jeremy grinnel..kid had a great year in track

Jeremy won the bowman varsity race last week...beat wolf by over 100 yards. Justin Grinnell is supposed to be better than jeremy this year, people say hes in insanely good shape right now. New Town is definately the best team in the state, A or B. Pretty much just a fight for 2nd. Bowman got 2nd last week but lost by about 70 points, but missing 3 of their top runners. Berthold was a little bit back in 3rd but missing one of the Many Ribs boys, throw all these guys into the equation at the state meet and it's going to be really exciting.
project-pat

Postby Y-not Daily » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:59 pm

project-pat wrote:
whitemencanjump wrote:YOu have to watch out cause this year it could be pat and jeremy grinnel..kid had a great year in track

Jeremy won the bowman varsity race last week...beat wolf by over 100 yards. Justin Grinnell is supposed to be better than jeremy this year, people say hes in insanely good shape right now. New Town is definately the best team in the state, A or B. Pretty much just a fight for 2nd. Bowman got 2nd last week but lost by about 70 points, but missing 3 of their top runners. Berthold was a little bit back in 3rd but missing one of the Many Ribs boys, throw all these guys into the equation at the state meet and it's going to be really exciting.

If Wolf is beat at state, I'll be impressed... Otherwise, I think everyone is running for second place, and that is no offense to the other runners... But Wolf won by over 20 seconds at state last season.... That's a lot to make up, and I doubt he's going to regress. If a runner beats him at state, he'll have to cut better than 30 seconds off his time from last season, IMO.
Y-not Daily

Postby project-pat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:10 pm

My reasoning for grinnel beating wolf is wolf not competing the week before, but wolf will be there at the end of the season and i'm feeling a 2 peat.
project-pat

Postby saltandpepper » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:33 am

pat will win class b hands down and joash will win a hands down.
saltandpepper

Postby project-pat » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:15 am

saltandpepper wrote:pat will win class b hands down and joash will win a hands down.

by pat do you mean project-pat??:D if so, thank you for your support haha
project-pat

Postby Baller » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:22 am

project-pat wrote:
saltandpepper wrote:pat will win class b hands down and joash will win a hands down.

by pat do you mean project-pat??:D if so, thank you for your support haha

How is the foot???  Are you back to 100% yet??
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Cross Country