2019 Post Season

2019 Post Season

Postby WDA_fan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Anyone have any predictions on the coming region and state meet?

Maybe if/when/where the region meets will be held is something to discuss for this year! Ha!
WDA_fan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:45 pm

EDC is tentatively scheduled for Saturday in N Moorhead; makeup days are planned though
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14970
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby NDRunning » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:48 am

You're right! Once we hear when and where the WDA meet is happening we can start to make predictions :)

Personally I hope it happens this Saturday, although I have heard rumors of next Tuesday.
NDRunning
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby sundog » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:16 pm

EDC is now officially postponed due to weather. Rescheduled for Tuesday, October 15 at 2:00. Location is the same, MB Johnson Park, Moorhead.
sundog
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:02 pm

WDA is also PPD to Wednesday...in Jamestown (Dickinson is backup plan)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14970
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby WDA_fan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:WDA is also PPD to Wednesday...in Jamestown (Dickinson is backup plan)


Now moved to Tuesday, October 15 due to PSAT Testing on Wednesay.
WDA_fan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby NDRunning » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:33 pm

WDA_fan wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:WDA is also PPD to Wednesday...in Jamestown (Dickinson is backup plan)


Now moved to Tuesday, October 15 due to PSAT Testing on Wednesay.


Hmm, Tuesday doesn't work... some athletes have a choir concert and drivers ed test Tuesday... :D

Glad to hear it is going to happen!
NDRunning
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby hoops4lyf40 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:41 am

Tuesday makes sense. You have a chance to recover metabolically. Which is tough to do in 7 days, aka Saturday the 19th then 26th. Plus, what if someone tweaks their ankle, or pulls something, and now can’t race at State. I see it pretty often, and would be pretty unfortunate. If bad weather were to arise on Saturday, it’s likely there would be no regional period. That would be very unfortunate.
User avatar
hoops4lyf40
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby Lybeal » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:30 am

So why does Class B East always have their regional meet a week before state? No one else does.
Lybeal
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby NDRunning » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:50 am

hoops4lyf40 wrote:Tuesday makes sense. You have a chance to recover metabolically. Which is tough to do in 7 days, aka Saturday the 19th then 26th. Plus, what if someone tweaks their ankle, or pulls something, and now can’t race at State. I see it pretty often, and would be pretty unfortunate. If bad weather were to arise on Saturday, it’s likely there would be no regional period. That would be very unfortunate.


hoops4flyf40,
The original date was 10/12 which gives the atheletes a two week break between WDA and State. Lybeal brought up that East B does regions a week before State, I wasn't aware of that.

But to your point, having it this Tuesday is certainly better than not having it at all. I hopefully all athletes are ready and roads will be safe for travel. I am looking forward to watching it.
NDRunning
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Class B East has always gone the Saturday right before State...Class B West has followed the Class A schools. The key is that regions has to be in by the Saturday before State. North Dakota doesn’t have qualifying for state like MN does so losing regions isn’t entirely bad (all teams & individuals qualify for State); but Class B East is handcuffed to either get it in that day or lose it.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14970
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby that guy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:13 am

I doubt east boys b region will be in Cooperstown Sat. as it will probably still be in snow and and water over most of the course.
that guy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby Lybeal » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:11 am

Why not move Class B East to Moorhead where the EDC is having it? Thursday or Friday or Saturday?
Lybeal
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby that guy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:05 am

I'm guessing that is what will happen since I think Rugby was the back up site and they are most likely in the same boat.
that guy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby hoops4lyf40 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:28 am

Lybeal wrote:Why not move Class B East to Moorhead where the EDC is having it? Thursday or Friday or Saturday?


Thursday and Friday are reserved for Teachers Conventions. It is illegal to have activities on those days. Wednesday would be the latest weekday; Saturday being the last possible day, period. That being said, I do agree, “why not move class B East”... AND West to the same locations as EDC and WDA respectively, and run those races after Class A has finished their races.
User avatar
hoops4lyf40
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby hoops4lyf40 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:35 am

NDRunning wrote:
hoops4lyf40 wrote:Tuesday makes sense. You have a chance to recover metabolically. Which is tough to do in 7 days, aka Saturday the 19th then 26th. Plus, what if someone tweaks their ankle, or pulls something, and now can’t race at State. I see it pretty often, and would be pretty unfortunate. If bad weather were to arise on Saturday, it’s likely there would be no regional period. That would be very unfortunate.


hoops4flyf40,
The original date was 10/12 which gives the atheletes a two week break between WDA and State. Lybeal brought up that East B does regions a week before State, I wasn't aware of that.

But to your point, having it this Tuesday is certainly better than not having it at all. I hopefully all athletes are ready and roads will be safe for travel. I am looking forward to watching it.


Yes, the original date was 10/12 and has always been two weeks prior to state. That is a great way of doing it. Allowing a two week break between the two biggest races of the year. I hope Class B East wises up and makes that change, as I believe it puts them at a disadvantage heading into state. My hope is that Class B west didn’t follow suit, just to follow suit. Running on Tuesday or Wednesday would have been much better for the athletes. Unless you have runners playing in a football game scheduled for Wednesday.
User avatar
hoops4lyf40
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:10 pm

hoops4lyf40 wrote:
Lybeal wrote:Why not move Class B East to Moorhead where the EDC is having it? Thursday or Friday or Saturday?


Thursday and Friday are reserved for Teachers Conventions. It is illegal to have activities on those days. Wednesday would be the latest weekday; Saturday being the last possible day, period. That being said, I do agree, “why not move class B East”... AND West to the same locations as EDC and WDA respectively, and run those races after Class A has finished their races.



Because those courses are going to be torn up pretty good from just the Class A races (at least EDC will be since the grounds are pretty wet)...doesn’t seem fair to the Class B athletes to run in mud and slop. I’m sure the B schools are weighing their options for reliable courses if their original one is not usable
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14970
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby XCguy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:56 pm

hoops4lyf40 wrote:Allowing a two week break between the two biggest races of the year. I hope Class B East wises up and makes that change, as I believe it puts them at a disadvantage heading into state.


A disadvantage? As in they have performed poorly at State while scheduling meets this way? I have no clue how long it's been this way but:

At State over the last three years, the combined boys and girls of the Class B East have won 57% of the team awards and 63% of the individual awards. Are you implying that those stats would have been even more in their favor had they had a longer break? I highly doubt it. Those coaches tend to prefer that schedule and ours tend to go the other way. Neither is obviously right or wrong.

**Noted, it took me about as long to figure out how to copy post a reply as it did to generate these numbers.
XCguy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:20 am

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby hoops4lyf40 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:32 pm

XCguy wrote:
hoops4lyf40 wrote:Allowing a two week break between the two biggest races of the year. I hope Class B East wises up and makes that change, as I believe it puts them at a disadvantage heading into state.


A disadvantage? As in they have performed poorly at State while scheduling meets this way? I have no clue how long it's been this way but:

At State over the last three years, the combined boys and girls of the Class B East have won 57% of the team awards and 63% of the individual awards. Are you implying that those stats would have been even more in their favor had they had a longer break? I highly doubt it. Those coaches tend to prefer that schedule and ours tend to go the other way. Neither is obviously right or wrong.

**Noted, it took me about as long to figure out how to copy post a reply as it did to generate these numbers.



It is a disadvantage. Whether you see it or not, or whether results show that or not, I’m sticking with that. In my eyes, it’s common sense. There are reasons why everyone else in the state runs their Regionals two weeks prior to state. 1. Possible to reschedule 2. In case of injury 3. Recovery time.

A good example, would be NCAA’s following this similar idea. Even the Regional Multi’s get two weeks before competing in the Team Regionals.
User avatar
hoops4lyf40
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby hoops4lyf40 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:21 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
hoops4lyf40 wrote:
Lybeal wrote:Why not move Class B East to Moorhead where the EDC is having it? Thursday or Friday or Saturday?


Thursday and Friday are reserved for Teachers Conventions. It is illegal to have activities on those days. Wednesday would be the latest weekday; Saturday being the last possible day, period. That being said, I do agree, “why not move class B East”... AND West to the same locations as EDC and WDA respectively, and run those races after Class A has finished their races.



Because those courses are going to be torn up pretty good from just the Class A races (at least EDC will be since the grounds are pretty wet)...doesn’t seem fair to the Class B athletes to run in mud and slop. I’m sure the B schools are weighing their options for reliable courses if their original one is not usable


That is a valid point, and could potentially lead to injury. However, Regionals and State are not necessarily ran for Time, they are for Place. So if you follow that logic, of the course being unfit for Class B after Class A runs, then the State Meet would have to look at possibly hosting Class A and Class B in different locations as well.
User avatar
hoops4lyf40
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:45 pm

hoops4lyf40 wrote:
Lybeal wrote:Why not move Class B East to Moorhead where the EDC is having it? Thursday or Friday or Saturday?


Thursday and Friday are reserved for Teachers Conventions. It is illegal to have activities on those days. Wednesday would be the latest weekday; Saturday being the last possible day, period. That being said, I do agree, “why not move class B East”... AND West to the same locations as EDC and WDA respectively, and run those races after Class A has finished their races.


There is no "Teacher's Convention" anymore. The Legislature ended it about 4 years ago. Schools still take those days off because that is the dates of the ND Administrators Conference in Bismarck. It is not illegal to have activities on those days, they just don't because the Administrators (who are also AD's in small towns) are in Bismarck.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby that guy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:11 pm

Sounds like they are keeping it in Cooperstown.
that guy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:53 am

Sportsrube wrote:
hoops4lyf40 wrote:
Lybeal wrote:Why not move Class B East to Moorhead where the EDC is having it? Thursday or Friday or Saturday?


Thursday and Friday are reserved for Teachers Conventions. It is illegal to have activities on those days. Wednesday would be the latest weekday; Saturday being the last possible day, period. That being said, I do agree, “why not move class B East”... AND West to the same locations as EDC and WDA respectively, and run those races after Class A has finished their races.


There is no "Teacher's Convention" anymore. The Legislature ended it about 4 years ago. Schools still take those days off because that is the dates of the ND Administrators Conference in Bismarck. It is not illegal to have activities on those days, they just don't because the Administrators (who are also AD's in small towns) are in Bismarck.


It is still in the Century Code that those days are "non-contact" days and therefore schools cannot have competitions on those days. Otherwise schools would have school. They have school all the time when their admins are out of the building...
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
User avatar
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Eastern North Dakota, ,

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby 5-time state chump » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:10 pm

hoops4lyf40 wrote:It is a disadvantage. Whether you see it or not, or whether results show that or not, I’m sticking with that. In my eyes, it’s common sense.


Huh?

Lemme play!

Some people, including NFL "experts" seem to think that the New England Patriots have been doing things right over the past 20 years as far as coaching, play selection, and player personnel and winning.

But those people are wrong. Its the Vikings, Cardinals and Lions that are doing things the right way and are simply better than the Patriots. I know it doesn't show it in the results, and I know some of you don't see it, but, clearly, the Patriots are a sub-par franchise when compared to the Vikes, Cards and Lions.

In my eyes, its common sense.

How did I do?
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: 2019 Post Season

Postby hoops4lyf40 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:13 pm

5-time state chump wrote:
hoops4lyf40 wrote:It is a disadvantage. Whether you see it or not, or whether results show that or not, I’m sticking with that. In my eyes, it’s common sense.


Huh?

Lemme play!

Some people, including NFL "experts" seem to think that the New England Patriots have been doing things right over the past 20 years as far as coaching, play selection, and player personnel and winning.

But those people are wrong. Its the Vikings, Cardinals and Lions that are doing things the right way and are simply better than the Patriots. I know it doesn't show it in the results, and I know some of you don't see it, but, clearly, the Patriots are a sub-par franchise when compared to the Vikes, Cards and Lions.

In my eyes, its common sense.

How did I do?


Your analogy is spot on. Great job! Never mind picking and choosing what to quote... like the 3 reasons why it’s common sense. But I’ll give you your moment. *insert golf clap*

I’m arguing the planning/scheduling of the Regional Meets. The reasons I gave, are things I would consider to be common sense when planning/scheduling a Regional Meet. I touched on how those reasons could affect State, but I did not argue the results. There are many variables in play, as to why the East has had success at State vs the West.. even though a Western team (New Town) had won state 13 out of the last 15 years. Again not arguing results, but pointing out simple logic in planning for a meet. Why wait until the absolute deadline to schedule the Regional Championship, when there is the possibility of that meet being cancelled, resulting in teams losing championships, and individuals losing All-Region titles. That doesn’t seem like that’s having the athletes best interest in mind.
User avatar
hoops4lyf40
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm


Return to Cross Country

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests