General Cross Country discussion

Re: General Cross Country discussion

Postby Dualsportfan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:07 pm

theman wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
theman wrote:Hello all,

The last couple of years I've been looking at some of the numbers at the state meet. It's kind of fun! But anyway today I finished my post for the Class A and B Girls. If you like reading about cross country in your free time, you can check it out here:

https://northdakotarunner.blogspot.com/2018/11/north-dakota-state-cross-country-2018.html

Feel free to message me if there's any mistakes or if you feel like I singled out a school unfairly for some reason.

Thanks!

Key stat to the Bismarck girls falling off from your predictions would be Mattie Shirley-Fairbairn not competing this season; score would have dropped drastically with her near the front...and Davies has LOTS of girls waiting in the wings..so don't count them out.

Yeah, I just put up the boys post and I'm wondering if Carrington was without a key runner this year, they didn't meet predictions either.

And I'm not discounting anybody! I'm just going by what the numbers say :D

Carrington's #1 boys runner was not able to run at the state meet due to an ankle injury he suffered in a playoff football game one week earlier. He was rated 7th in the final coaches poll of the season.
Dualsportfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby that guy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:50 pm

Love the numbers good job!
that guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:04 pm

DI Men's XC Championships Could Soon Move To 8k
https://www.flotrack.org/articles/64565 ... move-to-8k

Thoughts on this?
What is the women's distance for each division?
What about NAIA men/women?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby theman » Mon May 13, 2019 2:35 pm

Flip wrote:DI Men's XC Championships Could Soon Move To 8k
https://www.flotrack.org/articles/64565 ... move-to-8k

Thoughts on this?
What is the women's distance for each division?
What about NAIA men/women?

The women currently run 5ks and 6ks throughout the regular season and then compete in a 6k at the regional and national meets.

I don't like this proposal. I would like to see men left at 10k. For large meets like regionals and nationals, it really separates the true distance and xc teams from the mid-D heavy teams. Notice how NAU and Colorado have won men's titles in previous years by moving up as a team in those last two kilometers.

I think the women should be moved up to an 8k, or even 10k (probably 8k, because a 4k increase in distance in one year would be far too much). 6k is too short for a national cross country race.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Cross Country