Postseason predictions!

Postseason predictions!

Postby XCguy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Let's start some chatter including team champs, individual champs and darkhorses.

Class A boys
Champ - Brady Yoder
Team - Williston
Darkhorse - Owen Sondag to finish 10-15

Class A girls
Champ - Meghan Ford
Team - Fargo Davies
Darkhorse - McKenna Lovehaug to finish top 5

Class B girls
Champ - Lana Krack
Team - Rugby
Darkhorse - New Town girls with two All-Staters

Class B boys
Champ - Isaac Huber
Team - New Town
Darkhorse - Jackson Anderson to finish 10-15
XCguy
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Postseason predictions!

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Class A Boys
Individual: Brady Yoder (Dickinson)
Team: Williston
Darkhorse: Jamestown takes a Top 10 finish after several years of being in the bottom 4th of the State.

Class A Girls
Individual: Meghan Ford (Jamestown)
Team: Fargo Davies
Darkhorse: Watford City will have 3 All-State Athletes

Class B Girls
Individual: Lana Krack (Thompson)
Team: Rugby
Darkhorse: 3 Froleks (SC/L/O) in the Top 20

Class B Boys
Individual: Isaac Huber (Edgeley-Kulm)
Team: New Town
Darkhorse: Bowman County gives HCV & Rugby a run at State for 2nd Place spot...no one touching NT
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby theman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:10 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Class A Boys
Darkhorse: Jamestown takes a Top 10 finish after several years of being in the bottom 4th of the State.

Class A Girls

Class B Girls

Class B Boys
Darkhorse: Bowman County gives HCV & Rugby a run at State for 2nd Place spot...no one touching NT

Nothing really to add here. This is pretty much it.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby XCguy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:26 am

theman wrote:Nothing really to add here. This is pretty much it.

Booooriiiiing! :wink:
XCguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:40 am

XCguy wrote:

Alright I'll bite. I think the Class B girls race has the best chance of seeing an upset, and really anybody in the top three could do it. I think Meghan Ford from Jamestown will have the biggest margin of victory of any of the classes. I don't have an opinion on Class A boys until I see what Williston brings to WDA this weekend. I think Hillsboro/Central Valley has a team that would win the Class B boys title most years if not for being on the tail end of a historically good New Town program.
Last edited by theman on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WDA_fan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:42 am

Class A Boys
Team: Williston (But Legacy will be closer than many think)
Darkhorse: The top 5 finishers are all from WDA.

Class A Girls
Darkhorse: Davies has 6 girls in top 20

Class B Boys
Darkhorse: Bowman County takes 2nd

Class B Girls
Darkhorse: Baesler challenges Krack for a VERY close race
WDA_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby PMPT » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:29 am

I agree on Class B Girls, but Baesler has really come on in recent weeks, she was 4th or 5th this past weekend against a strong field of Class A runners. Apparently she's worked through her knee issue successfully. In addition, Isaac Huber is not a lead pipe cinch to win the Boys B either, the 2 top New Town runners are very strong usually finish the season strong.

It will be interesting!
PMPT
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WDA_fan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:45 am

PMPT wrote:I agree on Class B Girls, but Baesler has really come on in recent weeks, she was 4th or 5th this past weekend against a strong field of Class A runners. Apparently she's worked through her knee issue successfully. In addition, Isaac Huber is not a lead pipe cinch to win the Boys B either, the 2 top New Town runners are very strong usually finish the season strong.

It will be interesting!

The top 2 New Town runners (Hale and White) run well TOGETHER too! That could be a difference as nice to have a teammate with you. Huber did win when they faced off in Bismarck in September (by double digits I believe).
WDA_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:02 am

WDA_fan wrote:
PMPT wrote:I agree on Class B Girls, but Baesler has really come on in recent weeks, she was 4th or 5th this past weekend against a strong field of Class A runners. Apparently she's worked through her knee issue successfully. In addition, Isaac Huber is not a lead pipe cinch to win the Boys B either, the 2 top New Town runners are very strong usually finish the season strong.

It will be interesting!

The top 2 New Town runners (Hale and White) run well TOGETHER too! That could be a difference as nice to have a teammate with you. Huber did win when they faced off in Bismarck in September (by double digits I believe).

It's worth remembering that Huber won handily in the 1600 and 3200 at state track and hasn't given us yet any indication that he won't do the same thing at state cross.
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby E@stern Executioner » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:46 pm

WDA_fan wrote:Darkhorse: Bowman County takes 2nd

That's the second person to mention that. I'm not sure why, but I can't see it ... not unless there are some roster changes in recent weeks. Bowman has two studs in Miller and Wokal who can go sub-18 and four others that have consistently gone low to high 19s. I can't see that beating Hillsboro. Anderson and Fossum are both consistently sub-17 and this past weekend in GF, they had six kids go under 19:00. John always has the Bowman boys ready to go in late Oct though!
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby theman » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:45 am

theman wrote:
XCguy wrote:

Alright I'll bite. I think the Class B girls race has the best chance of seeing an upset, and really anybody in the top three could do it. I think Meghan Ford from Jamestown will have the biggest margin of victory of any of the classes. I don't have an opinion on Class A boys until I see what Williston brings to WDA this weekend. I think Hillsboro/Central Valley has a team that would win the Class B boys title most years if not for being on the tail end of a historically good New Town program.

Now that WDA happened, I think Williston will win state, and by more of a margin than they won WDA by. Their 4th runner was right behind Legacy's second runner, and having more people up front really shows up more the bigger a meet is (like state).
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby XCguy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 am

Agreed. The team races won't be very exciting unless Hills/Central Valley or MayPortCG can run well and push Rugby. Neither of those two ever seem to run a full squad so it's really hard to predict. The other three classes absolutely have a clear-cut favorite.
XCguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby that guy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:52 am

east region boys team predictions 1. h/cv,2.gcc,3.rugby,4.thompson, 5.team of choice
that guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PMPT » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:23 pm

that guy wrote:east region boys team predictions 1. h/cv,2.gcc,3.rugby,4.thompson, 5.team of choice

HCV is 1st by a long way, Rugby may come in 2nd, hard to say where the rest will be. Looking forward to seeing Huber from Edgeley, Anderson from HCV, and Smith from Carrington battle it out! Nobody in the region can really get close to those guys. Its possible that all 3 will end up in the top 5 at the state meet.
PMPT
NDPreps Reserve

Postby XCguy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 pm

PMPT wrote:
that guy wrote:east region boys team predictions 1. h/cv,2.gcc,3.rugby,4.thompson, 5.team of choice

HVC is 1st by a long way, Rugby may come in 2nd, hard to say where the rest will be. Looking forward to seeing Huber from Edgeley, Anderson from HCV, and Smith from Carrington battle it out! Nobody in the region can really get close to those guys. Its possible that all 3 will end up in the top 5 at the state meet.

Whether they have a chance to win it or not, I seriously think Hendrickson, Cooper, Fossum, Denault and Zachmeier will be right up there. This race will be awfully deep this year.
XCguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WDA_fan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:02 pm

I don't follow class B super close but have trouble believing anyone will beat Huber. He beat Hale and White from New Town pretty easily at the Anderson/Stavn meet at McDowell Dam in Bismarck earlier this year. If he is healthy, he will be tough to beat.
WDA_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Lybeal » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:35 pm

You should follow Class B more closely :D Two weeks after the Bismarck meet, Huber beat Anderson by only 4 seconds at Griak. Being healthy is the key. I agree with XCguy. East Region is loaded with talent.
Lybeal
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Lybeal wrote:You should follow Class B more closely :D Two weeks after the Bismarck meet, Huber beat Anderson by only 4 seconds at Griak. Being healthy is the key. I agree with XCguy. East Region is loaded with talent.

Huber was coming off an injury before Griak. If he is back to full health then I don’t think the East B Boys race will be that close
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby XCguy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Agreed, Run -- if Huber is healthy, he is very clearly the favorite in his region. The battle for 2-10 should be fun. Isaac seems like a great kid. I hope he is back to full strength.
XCguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PMPT » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:23 am

XCguy wrote:
PMPT wrote:

HVC is 1st by a long way, Rugby may come in 2nd, hard to say where the rest will be. Looking forward to seeing Huber from Edgeley, Anderson from HCV, and Smith from Carrington battle it out! Nobody in the region can really get close to those guys. Its possible that all 3 will end up in the top 5 at the state meet.

Whether they have a chance to win it or not, I seriously think Hendrickson, Cooper, Fossum, Denault and Zachmeier will be right up there. This race will be awfully deep this year.

You are right. Hendrickson, Zachmeier and Fossum were in top 10 at last years state meet, Cooper and Denault were 16 & 18 respectively. Will be alot of fun! Plus, the Cooperstown venue is enjoyable from a spectator point of view. May be a bit cold out but I think there could be some fast times because there is not much in the way of significant elevation changes...
PMPT
NDPreps Reserve

Postby that guy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:48 am

Well Sat. is approaching so I will take a stab at boys B teams for state. 1st New Town, 2nd H/CV, 3rd GCC, 4th Bowman, 5th Rugby. 3,4,5 will be a battle as they all seem to be close. Haven't seen Bowman run but team times look good, GCC has finished above Rugby several times this year and have ran the coarse once already this year which is why I took them at 3. They also look young as it seems their oldest runner is a 10th grader so they will be fun to watch the next couple of years. Huber should win individual as he really pulled away from the field at east region. I don't follow class A or the girls so really have no input except that Thompson girl that took first in regions won by a lot!
that guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby XCguy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:26 pm

I think that I agree with all of that. There will be a pretty big gap between 1st and 2nd and then again between 2nd and 3rd. Griggs County has a really fun up and coming team that could build a lot of confidence by getting third this weekend. I think the top five boys are Huber, Hale, White, Anderson and then Hendrickson. JMO. I also don't follow the girls as much but I'll go with Hillsboro first, Rugby second and New Town third. Individuals will be Krack, Baesler, younger Frolek, Zink and then Nepl.
XCguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PMPT » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:25 pm

XCguy wrote:I think that I agree with all of that. There will be a pretty big gap between 1st and 2nd and then again between 2nd and 3rd. Griggs County has a really fun up and coming team that could build a lot of confidence by getting third this weekend. I think the top five boys are Huber, Hale, White, Anderson and then Hendrickson. JMO. I also don't follow the girls as much but I'll go with Hillsboro first, Rugby second and New Town third. Individuals will be Krack, Baesler, younger Frolek, Zink and then Nepl.

I would have to agree with your prognostications. The only exception may be Griggs County because they are young and may have enjoyed a bit of a home track advantage at Regions last week. I see them being a bit further down, perhaps 6 or 7. We'll see.
PMPT
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PMPT » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:26 pm

that guy wrote:Well Sat. is approaching so I will take a stab at boys B teams for state. 1st New Town, 2nd H/CV, 3rd GCC, 4th Bowman, 5th Rugby. 3,4,5 will be a battle as they all seem to be close. Haven't seen Bowman run but team times look good, GCC has finished above Rugby several times this year and have ran the coarse once already this year which is why I took them at 3. They also look young as it seems their oldest runner is a 10th grader so they will be fun to watch the next couple of years. Huber should win individual as he really pulled away from the field at east region. I don't follow class A or the girls so really have no input except that Thompson girl that took first in regions won by a lot!

XCguy wrote:I think that I agree with all of that. There will be a pretty big gap between 1st and 2nd and then again between 2nd and 3rd. Griggs County has a really fun up and coming team that could build a lot of confidence by getting third this weekend. I think the top five boys are Huber, Hale, White, Anderson and then Hendrickson. JMO. I also don't follow the girls as much but I'll go with Hillsboro first, Rugby second and New Town third. Individuals will be Krack, Baesler, younger Frolek, Zink and then Nepl.
PMPT
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Class A Boys

Class A Girls

Class B Girls

Class B Boys

Class A Boys
Individual: Korsmo had a better kick then Yoder...was a fun race at the end
Team: Williston won pretty handedly and should be favorites for 2019
Darkhorse: Jamestown ended up 7th overall

Class A Girls
Individual: Meghan Ford ran a 17:57 and wasn't pushed by any competitor
Team: Fargo Davies continues the dynasty for Girls XC
Darkhorse: 2nd, 3rd & 12th and 8 points away from a Top 5 Plaque for Watford City!

Class B Girls
Individual: Reagen Baesler defeated Lana Krack by 5 seconds
Team: Hillsboro-CV pulled it out over Rugby by 18 points...HCV's 5 runner did just enough to secure it
Darkhorse: 3rd, 10th & 18th...3 All-State Frolek's

Class B Boys
Individual: Huber wins by 17 seconds over White (NT)
Team: New Town continues domination
Darkhorse: Bowman didn't defeat HCV but they were 3rd

All-in-All I feel my predictions were pretty solid!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Cross Country