Class B Golf 2007

Postby kitty » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:25 pm

gmac90 wrote:[user=2492]raindance11[/user] wrote:
gmac90 wrote:
project-pat wrote:I think placing 5th at the region 5 tourney is enough to consider someone a "decent" golfer.

Alright, I'll give ya that... 5th place at the Region 5 tourney is pretty good actually, but 86-85 at state is decent at best.

But overall, I'll give you "decent."

What's wrong with 86-85 at state?? Those are actually pretty solid scores for that course, I would be happy to of shot that at state last year.

Like I said, 86-85 at Jamestown is "decent". I'm not taking anything away from the kid, he is a decent golfer. But I'm saying, there are a lot of people that are at a whole different level than him, and are a lot better. If your satisfied with an 86-85 at state, the best you'll ever be is "decent."

Agreed.  He's had some good rounds, and is a respectable player no doubt, but I wouldn't consider him a state contender by any means.  I've seen him play on a number of occasions. 

And this isn't to take anything away from him. 
kitty

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:08 am

Just to put all the speculation at rest...New Salem will win the region and place very high at state....can't say they will win state due to a ??? at the 5 spot.......Garrett Schultz will win the region...Jordan Kautzman will be place high in the region....brett goetz will place high in the region...jared kautzman will place high in the region....thats my story and i'm sticking to it.
bigpoppakdog

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:14 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:Just to put all the speculation at rest...New Salem will win the region and place very high at state....can't say they will win state due to a ??? at the 5 spot.......Garrett Schultz will win the region...Jordan Kautzman will be place high in the region....brett goetz will place high in the region...jared kautzman will place high in the region....thats my story and i'm sticking to it.

the new salem kids can just stand at the bottom of the hill and aim for the cow on the top of the hill
fruit snack

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:56 am

[user=2002]fruit snack[/user] wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:Just to put all the speculation at rest...New Salem will win the region and place very high at state....can't say they will win state due to a ??? at the 5 spot.......Garrett Schultz will win the region...Jordan Kautzman will be place high in the region....brett goetz will place high in the region...jared kautzman will place high in the region....thats my story and i'm sticking to it.

the new salem kids can just stand at the bottom of the hill and aim for the cow on the top of the hill

nope...this year it will be all the schools at the bottom of the hill aiming at the holsteins which will be at the top....
bigpoppakdog

Postby Weezy Baby » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:46 am

ummm... im going to say new salmem will be a very good team, but i dont think all of those guys are going to place THAT high. they are all good golfers, but they arent dominant. that is except for schultz. they arent giong to run away with the region either... they might win it, but it will be close.
Last edited by Weezy Baby on Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weezy Baby

Postby Hunterlaf » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:40 am

what about Neil or Nathaniel Packineu they are very good golfers and keep there grades where they want it
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby porter_55 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:19 am

what do grades have to do with anything?
porter_55

Postby gmac90 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:19 am

Name something the Pack twins aren't good at!
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby gmac90 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:19 am

Last edited by gmac90 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:57 am

Hunterlaf wrote:what about Neil or Nathaniel Packineu they are very good golfers and keep there grades where they want it

do they golf for parshall??
fruit snack

Postby Weezy Baby » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:55 pm

idk man im curious too . havnt heard about them golfing much.
Weezy Baby

Postby project-pat » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:13 pm

Neil got 25th last year with a 166, nate got 41st with a 172 if I'm not mistaken.

And Lefor did better than 65-85 at state, I do believe he got 40th with 171.
project-pat

Postby gmac90 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:53 am

project-pat wrote:Neil got 25th last year with a 166, nate got 41st with a 172 if I'm not mistaken.

86+85=171....
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:13 am

Weezy Baby wrote:ummm... im going to say new salmem will be a very good team, but i dont think all of those guys are going to place THAT high. they are all good golfers, but they arent dominant. that is except for schultz. they arent giong to run away with the region either... they might win it, but it will be close.
......I didn't say they would dominate...I will agree with that......I do believe these guys will place high in the region....we'll have to see.....:)
bigpoppakdog

Postby Dakota Sports Fan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:49 am

Wow, you are pretty confident about your team! Let us all remember your post on the day of the region tournament to see if your ability to predict the future is accurate or if you are just bragging about your team without regard to reality. My bet is the second one.

Brett Lefor is a decent golfer, it will be interesting to see if his game goes up a level to compete on a region and state level.
Dakota Sports Fan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:18 am

Dakota Sports Fan wrote:Wow, you are pretty confident about your team! Let us all remember your post on the day of the region tournament to see if your ability to predict the future is accurate or if you are just bragging about your team without regard to reality. My bet is the second one.

Brett Lefor is a decent golfer, it will be interesting to see if his game goes up a level to compete on a region and state level.
Its not my team....I don't have anything to do with them really....I feel that this team hasn't gotten the exposure they deserve..other teams/golfers have gotten alot of TV time and face time in the papers yet didn't beat Garrett Shultz once last year and their teams lost to New Salem majority of the time....look up the stats from last year and you would have to say that New Salem has been often overlooked yet posted top finishes in all of the meets they participated in.  Shame that Dickinson Trinity didn't even have the decency to invite New Salem to their invitational last year....dickinson wonders why nobody likes them......not too impressed with things like that...or putting garrett shultz down to the second flight behind trinity golfers that couldn't score within 10 shots of him....????? Anyway ranting about trinity wasn't even a thought but needed to be pointed out how New Salem and its players are often intentionally put behind by coaches, yet New Salem still managed to always challenge for first place in the meets....
bigpoppakdog

Postby Weezy Baby » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:37 am

haha you guys want to know somthing funny? trinity didnt have an invite last year, it got rained out. so how can you say you werent invited. im just saying, its nothing personal.
Weezy Baby

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:12 pm

Ok, I can see what level I am dealing with.  I'll try to explain the best I can. Regardless if a tournament gets rained out teams have to be invited...they don't just show up on their own....and their invites are sent out in advance so the host can set up the tournament....so when their is a tournament planned teams know in advance if they are participating or not...does that make sense?:?
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:15 pm

Weezy Baby wrote:haha you guys want to know somthing funny? trinity didnt have an invite last year, it got rained out. so how can you say you werent invited. im just saying, its nothing personal.
You know whats funny?  Somebody who thinks because it rained that means a team couldn't have been not invited to a tournament....oh wait a second...if it rained and the tournament got cancelled that means it didn't exist, therefore the snub of not being invited didn't count either....that makes perfect class A sense....oops sorry...I mean class b sense....
bigpoppakdog

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:26 pm

gmac90 wrote:
project-pat wrote:Neil got 25th last year with a 166, nate got 41st with a 172 if I'm not mistaken.

86+85=171....

yup sorry, misread that, I thought you meant he got 65-85th place at the state tourney, my bad.
project-pat

Postby Weezy Baby » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:02 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:
Weezy Baby wrote:haha you guys want to know somthing funny? trinity didnt have an invite last year, it got rained out. so how can you say you werent invited. im just saying, its nothing personal.
You know whats funny?  Somebody who thinks because it rained that means a team couldn't have been not invited to a tournament....oh wait a second...if it rained and the tournament got cancelled that means it didn't exist, therefore the snub of not being invited didn't count either....that makes perfect class A sense....oops sorry...I mean class b sense....

ya i know that. but i just higlhy doubt that new salem wasnt invited. i find it hard to believe. but even if they wernt, it doesnt matter. no reason to hate....
Weezy Baby

Postby kitty » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:02 pm

So...  Anyone know anything about Beulah's team?  I understand they'll be in Region 5 this year; anyone to look out for from that school?
kitty

Postby Weezy Baby » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:27 pm

all i know is becker should be their number one. and im sure he's desent
Weezy Baby

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:30 pm

Weezy Baby wrote:all i know is becker should be their number one. and im sure he's desent

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he got top 20 at state last year, 25 tops, he should be alright, not sure about the rest of the team.
project-pat

Postby Hunterlaf » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:14 am

Cletus foote will be the number 1 golfer this year no doubt about it
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Golf