Class B Golf 2007

Postby Region 2 fan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:36 pm

Hatton-Northwoods good golfers are Dash Donnelly, Caleb Loy and Aaron Bjerke
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:26 am

i thought mark wallace was a good golfer as well?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dakota Sports Fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:42 am

Trinity's new golf coach is Todd Fisher, he was a golfer for Trinity a few years ago.
Dakota Sports Fan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:48 pm

Finley Sharon Hope Page is starting a golf program this year.......they could have a couple of kids who are pretty good
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:55 am

Thats always good to see schools putting in new programs best of luck to them in the upcoming spring season
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Region 2 fan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:10 pm

The Schwab wrote:i thought mark wallace was a good golfer as well?

inconsistent golfer but has streaks of brightness you can say.  Hatton-Northwood will have a good team however...they think they have a chance at the state title.  Dash Donnelly, Caleb Loy, Ryan Hillesland, Kirk Prosser, Mark Wallace and Aaron Bjerke are the 6 and anyone of them could explode for a good score on any given day.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby bjerke15 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:36 pm

yeah hatton-northwood has had a strong program for quite a few years now..finishing strong in state although they could have finished much better last year..but this year they return 3 state-experienced seniors in dash donnelly, caleb loy, and ryan hillesland..and they bring up juniors mark wallace and kirk prosser...and sophomore aaron bjerke to top off the top 6..they have a great shot at the title this year as all of them are potential mid to low 70's shooters, and each and every one of them have experience on the state course.  Their going to be a decent threat this year so dont overlook them.
bjerke15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Dakota Sports Fan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:55 am

I can't wait for Region 5 Golf to get underway! Hazen, Killdeer, Bowman, Trinity and New Salem all have decent golfers. It will be interesting to see which of these can make a real team and qualify for state. Hazen has Marshall, Killdeer has Wheeling and DuFault. Trinity has Keithley and Lefor and New Salem has Schulz. Plus a lot of other teams have great golfers like Schmeling from South Heart.
Dakota Sports Fan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bjerke15 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:15 pm

Oak grove probably isnt going to be as strong this year..which shouldnt be a surprise to anybody being that they lost the 2 most dominant figures in the sport in the past 4 years in Vandevoort and Jenkins.  They do bring back however the Samson brothers, cory and chad, and Jeff rustvang from the state team last year.  Cory has a shot at the individual title as well as anybody, the kid can flat out play, but i dont think the grovers have enough firepower left this year to take the team title.
Last edited by bjerke15 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjerke15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Weezy Baby » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:10 am

Last edited by Weezy Baby on Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weezy Baby

Postby gmac90 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:19 am

Dakota Sports Fan wrote:I can't wait for Region 5 Golf to get underway! Hazen, Killdeer, Bowman, Trinity and New Salem all have decent golfers. It will be interesting to see which of these can make a real team and qualify for state. Hazen has Marshall, Killdeer has Wheeling and DuFault. Trinity has Keithley and Lefor and New Salem has Schulz. Plus a lot of other teams have great golfers like Schmeling from South Heart.

Killdeer is no longer in Region 5.  Beulah moved down from class A so they're in Region 5 now, and Killdeer moved to Region 6.

Region 5 should be a good one though.
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby Claz B Fan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:20 pm

bjerke15 wrote:Oak grove probably isnt going to be as strong this year..which shouldnt be a surprise to anybody being that they lost the 2 most dominant figures in the sport in the past 4 years in Vandevoort and Jenkins.  They do bring back however the Samson brothers, cory and chad, and Jeff rustvang from the state team last year.  Cory has a shot at the individual title as well as anybody, the kid can flat out play, but i dont think the grovers have enough firepower left this year to take the team title.
I thought that Corys brother Chad graduated if Im not mistaken
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby so-sens-15 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:35 pm

yeah smart one, latest scouting report on oak grove consists of 1. Cory samson  2. jeff rustvang  3. michael vandevoort  4.  Jordy Siverson  5. Austin Battle and 6 is unknown/undecided..this isnt 100% official but comes from a recent OG alum member..who was on the state team last year so in case anybody wants to know..there it is
so-sens-15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gmac90 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:07 pm

Now that basketball is over, it's officially golf season.  What's everyone's preseason top 5 for teams and individuals?  Predictions for state?
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby fruit snack » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:48 pm

i heard some brett kid from DT was a decent golfer
fruit snack

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:01 pm

fruit snack wrote:i heard some brett kid from DT was a decent golfer

yeah Brett Lefor, him and Mark Keithley are their top 2 this year.
project-pat

Postby gmac90 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:57 am

fruit snack wrote:i heard some brett kid from DT was a decent golfer

What has Brett Lefor done that qualifies him to be a decent golfer?
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:37 pm

I think placing 5th at the region 5 tourney is enough to consider someone a "decent" golfer.
project-pat

Postby gmac90 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:03 pm

project-pat wrote:I think placing 5th at the region 5 tourney is enough to consider someone a "decent" golfer.

Alright, I'll give ya that... 5th place at the Region 5 tourney is pretty good actually, but 86-85 at state is decent at best.

But overall, I'll give you "decent."
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:26 pm

gmac90 wrote:
project-pat wrote:I think placing 5th at the region 5 tourney is enough to consider someone a "decent" golfer.

Alright, I'll give ya that... 5th place at the Region 5 tourney is pretty good actually, but 86-85 at state is decent at best.

Why do you always have to find the negative? I think you should just give him credit for getting 5th in the toughest golf region in the state.
project-pat

Postby Weezy Baby » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:31 pm

region 5 is the best in the state i have to say. the 3 teams from it last year were 2(trinity), 3(hazen), and 6(new salem) all teams returning alot. also, bowman, killdeer, and south heart were and should be very good. beulah is replacing killdeer i heard but either way,...
Weezy Baby

Postby feeshattack » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:59 pm

from the meets that i have seen lefors score, he is better than "decent"... maybe he didnt have his best outting at state, but this kid has shot numerous times in the 70's and has signed a letter of intent to play golf at DSU
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby raindance11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:45 am

straightballer wrote:South Heart has a kid name Devon Schmeling, only a sophomore. Kid is a stud, he was winnin his regional after nine holes but ended up like around 7th. If he figures out his driver he will definately contend at state. He is very capable of playin with marshall and guys like that, it is just a matter of him getting consistant and keepin his head.

I think it was 5th actually
raindance11
NDPreps Rookie

Postby raindance11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:52 am

gmac90 wrote:

What's wrong with 86-85 at state?  Those are actually pretty solid scores for that course, I would be happy to of shot that at state last year.
raindance11
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gmac90 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:47 am

[user=2492]raindance11[/user] wrote:
gmac90 wrote:

What's wrong with 86-85 at state?  Those are actually pretty solid scores for that course, I would be happy to of shot that at state last year.

Like I said, 86-85 at Jamestown is "decent". I'm not taking anything away from the kid, he is a decent golfer. But I'm saying, there are a lot of people that are at a whole different level than him, and are a lot better. If your satisfied with an 86-85 at state, the best you'll ever be is "decent."
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Golf