Emily St. Aubin

Emily St. Aubin

Postby Flip » Wed May 30, 2018 10:57 pm

I don't follow HS golf, but I have assume there is a very good chance she'll go down as the best ND HS golfer ever. So I have to wonder how good is she...is she someone that could potentially at a school with a great golf program? or maybe even the LPGA?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: Emily St. Aubin

Postby Sportsrube » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Flip wrote:I don't follow HS golf, but I have assume there is a very good chance she'll go down as the best ND HS golfer ever. So I have to wonder how good is she...is she someone that could potentially at a school with a great golf program? or maybe even the LPGA?

I can't answer your questions, but I can tell you this. As good of a golfer as she is she is an even better person.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Thu May 30, 2019 2:47 pm

Congrats to Emily on her 4th straight championship! Well deserved and hard earned. No one works harder at her game than this young lady and she is an even better person than she is a golfer!
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Wed May 19, 2021 10:15 am

How is St. Aubin doing? I haven't heard a thing about golf all spring until today. Has she made a college choice?

I read a post that McLain from Grafton hasn't lost a meet this year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Wed May 19, 2021 11:39 am

Flip wrote:How is St. Aubin doing? I haven't heard a thing about golf all spring until today. Has she made a college choice?

I read a post that McLain from Grafton hasn't lost a meet this year.

Emily was the Medalists for our Region and was the Senior Athlete of the Year. (Her dad was also Coach of the Year) and she has been the medalist in every match she has golfed in this year. She has chosen to continue her academic and golf career at the University of Mary. She graduated with Honors on Sunday and is still the nicest person ever and is incredibly humble.

Her younger brother Zac (a freshman) is also off to a great start to his HS golf career.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ProV1X » Wed May 19, 2021 6:37 pm

Sounds like both Emily and Ainsley have had a great spring season so far. Someone told me this winter that McLain and a girl from Kindred would be the only 2 that would challenge St Aubin for medalist. I guess we will know in two weeks when they go to Jamestown CC. Looking at what scores that are reported on social media and the little bit in newspapers, it looks like Kindred’s team is having a lot of success so far. Are they the favorites team wise?
ProV1X
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Wed May 19, 2021 8:22 pm

In that unofficial state tournament last summer I believe Ainsley took 3rd. I don't know who took 2nd.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:46 pm

she's not doing so well today. Bartels seems to have it wrapped up barring a total collapse.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:59 pm

vikingman wrote:she's not doing so well today. Bartels seems to have it wrapped up barring a total collapse.

looks like Bartels collapsed on the back nine, but St. Aubin struggled just as badly.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:33 pm

Flip wrote:
vikingman wrote:she's not doing so well today. Bartels seems to have it wrapped up barring a total collapse.

looks like Bartels collapsed on the back nine, but St. Aubin struggled just as badly.

Heat may have started to get to a few of those golfers on the course later in the day.

St. Aubin had a heck of a run in ND; unfortunate to have it end her senior season
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ProV1X » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:19 am

Flip wrote:

As I look at the scores, it appears Bartels had an 8 shot lead on St Aubin going into the final 9 holes and that was the final margin. I would guess she was just doing what was necessary towards the end to bring the championship home, given St Aubin is an unbelievable champion with that much experience. From what I have read, both girls ended up with 2 day totals better than any other girls have at the State B. Saying the Kindred girl collapsed seems a bit off to me as she was 2 over on day 2 and shot even par for the tournament. Emily was 8 over total for 2 days, which again from what I am reading, was her best state tournament score in the 5 years of playing. Looks like there was some really good golf played.
ProV1X
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:56 pm

I'm just reading the scores. She shot -5 in the first 30 holes and +5 in the last 6.

She is obviously very talented.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Golf