pre-season scrimmage

pre-season scrimmage

Postby vballer » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:55 am

I had the opportunity to see the pre-season scrimmages by South, North and Davies yesterday at Fargo North. South was hard hit by graduation and will sport a whole new team. They struggled a lot, got beat by North 25-9 and 25-11. Nice to see the little Stroup girl out there, I think she is an 8th grader. Davies struggled as well, but looked better each game. They played South a little closer but I think Davies prevailed. Serve- Receive looks to be their biggest issue, I think North scored 8-10 straight points on them in each game. (Everyone played each other twice). North looked to be the most dominant. No one scored more than 11 points on them. Their defense is the biggest improvement, very few balls hit the ground. The combination of Johnson/Larson and Thorstensen were pretty dominant. Serving was there biggest issue. Everyone heads to Bismarck this weekend for the crossover.
vballer
NDPreps Starter

Re: pre-season scrimmage

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:21 pm

vballer wrote:I had the opportunity to see the pre-season scrimmages by South, North and Davies yesterday at Fargo North. South was hard hit by graduation and will sport a whole new team. They struggled a lot, got beat by North 25-9 and 25-11. Nice to see the little Stroup girl out there, I think she is an 8th grader. Davies struggled as well, but looked better each game. They played South a little closer but I think Davies prevailed. Serve- Receive looks to be their biggest issue, I think North scored 8-10 straight points on them in each game. (Everyone played each other twice). North looked to be the most dominant. No one scored more than 11 points on them. Their defense is the biggest improvement, very few balls hit the ground. The combination of Johnson/Larson and Thorstensen were pretty dominant. Serving was there biggest issue. Everyone heads to Bismarck this weekend for the crossover.

Had a chance to catch a few North games this weekend, and I agree that their front court is pretty dominating, but their back court game and serving could keep opponents in the game.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Volleyball