Region 2

Region 2

Postby NDsportwatcher » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:22 pm

So far i have heard a lot about the teams in District 3 but not a lot about District 4. Is this a down year for District 4?
But right now, as of what i've seen and heard from District 3, I would have to go with either Thompson or Hillsboro coming out of the region. These 2 teams look like the top in the district.
NDsportwatcher
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region 2

Postby kboftw » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:10 pm

I think District 4 is down a bit this year. North Border and Park River-F-L are battling for the top spot (NB beat PRFL earlier in the year) in the district, but I've heard someone say on here that North Border has played somewhat inconsistently.

I believe Thompson, Hatton-Northwood, Central Valley, and Griggs County Central from District 3 have all beaten PRFL this year, though. Most likely will be a strong showing from District 3 in the region tournament (hosted at a District 3 site, as well).
kboftw
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:21 pm

I saw Hillsboro play yesterday and they have decent to above decent hitters all the way around. Toenies and Bertsch, their outsides are their best hitters. Toenies has 3rd best jump serve I've seen this year, she was very accurate with it too. Many times when you see someone with a hard serve they miss a lot of serves. I don't think she missed one. Meyer and Rude are both undersized for middle, but capable. Doeden and Knudson didn't get many opportunities playing the right side. I thought Toenies and Gordon did a good job setting. I can't comment much on their defense because they didn't see many hard hit balls. Probably the 3rd or 4th best team I've seen this year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDsportwatcher » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:06 pm

So far i know that the District 3 pairings are:

#1 Hillsboro vs. #8 MPCG
#4 Griggs County Central vs. #5 Central Valley
#2 Thompson vs. #7 Dakota Prairie
#3 Hatton-Northwood vs. #6 Larimore

Does anyone know of the District 4 pairings?
NDsportwatcher
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:07 pm

NDsportwatcher wrote:So far i know that the District 3 pairings are:

#1 Hillsboro vs. #8 MPCG
#4 Griggs County Central vs. #5 Central Valley
#2 Thompson vs. #7 Dakota Prairie
#3 Hatton-Northwood vs. #6 Larimore

Does anyone know of the District 4 pairings?

Posted in District Tourneys topic
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby sport » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:24 am

Anybody know anything about the District 4 teams. This is what I know about District 3.

Thompson is a mixture of older and younger players that are really starting to hit their stride. Solid coach that always seems to have their team prepared come tournament time.

Hillsboro is a team that has a couple of veteran players and a mix of older and younger solid players. Seem to struggle with confidence at times. Tend to be playing not to lose, instead of forcing the ball at the opponent.

Hatton/Northwood is a young team with some height. If they could get everyone clicking on the same page they could make anyones night difficult.

Larimore is the Dark horse. They have a couple girls that are good at placement and can knock the ball down if they keep their confidence up.

Anyones guess who could come out of these top three teams in District 3, it is all about believing in themselves.
sport
NDPreps Starter

Return to Volleyball