District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:08 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:Does anyone know how they pick the 16-member all-district team? It doesn't seem right that the 4th place team gets just as many girls (3) as the 1st place team. You can't tell me that everyone standing on that court were better players than several of the Kindred (or Central Cass for that matter) girls who were watching from the sidelines. Kindred should have probably had at least 5 girls on the all-district team.


4th place didn't get 3. Oak Grove only got 2 named to the team (Selisker and Rust)

Usually 1st, 2nd and 3rd gets 3 players; 4th, 5th and 6th can get up to 2 players; 7th and 8th get 1 player each.


4th place (Northern Cass) did get 3 players - Ward, Verwest and Johnson.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:14 am

cowboysfan wrote:Each coach puts up players from their team, so it could be 3-4-5 etc, then all the coaches vote on who they feel is the best players in the district. Sometimes you have better players from teams that get 3 on the all district team and some coaches like to get a player from their team, so they really push for that player. So the way I see it, you might not or if ever get the best 16 players on the all district team.


So can each coach put up as many players as they want or do they have a limit?

I would definitely say the best 16 players from the district were not on the all-district team. I would take the # 4 best player from Kindred over the #1 best player from Maple Valley any day.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby wolves65 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:29 am

Braidy Dahl Kindred? You can't say another kid doesn't deserve the pick because they didn't have anything to do with the vote but she should have been on that team. You have a 6 rotation player who leads the team in kills>
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:34 am

wolves65 wrote:Braidy Dahl Kindred? You can't say another kid doesn't deserve the pick because they didn't have anything to do with the vote but she should have been on that team. You have a 6 rotation player who leads the team in kills>


I completely agree... she is exactly who I had in mind. She got robbed. I am assuming her coach nominated her... that's why I wonder if there is a limit on how many each coach can nominate from their team. I would hope they could nominate more than 3 each.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:28 am

Why do they even have a 16-player All-District team? You can't even fit all the pics on a page in a local paper...lol! That's almost a lot for 11-man football! I would think they should go with 10 at the most.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:47 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:Why do they even have a 16-player All-District team? You can't even fit all the pics on a page in a local paper...lol! That's almost a lot for 11-man football! I would think they should go with 10 at the most.


I know, it seems like a lot. How many do they have for basketball? Does each district do it differently?
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:Why do they even have a 16-player All-District team? You can't even fit all the pics on a page in a local paper...lol! That's almost a lot for 11-man football! I would think they should go with 10 at the most.


I know, it seems like a lot. How many do they have for basketball? Does each district do it differently?

I don't know if each district does it differently. I always think coaches should be able to nominate 2 or 3 players, but none from their own team. They can recognize their own players at their own awards ceromony. I think Coach of the Year is voted on like that. If you win games, but are not respected, you won't get the award.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby wolves65 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:44 pm

The coaches nominate and make a sales pitch for each player but don't get to vote. The can have more that 3 girls last year CCass had 5 girls on the all-district. There will never be a perfect way and if you argue you look like a bit foolish. Somebody will always be left off a team like this so it is a never ending topic. Can B Dahl make the all region team if you don't make the all district team?
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:14 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:Does anyone know how they pick the 16-member all-district team? It doesn't seem right that the 4th place team gets just as many girls (3) as the 1st place team. You can't tell me that everyone standing on that court were better players than several of the Kindred (or Central Cass for that matter) girls who were watching from the sidelines. Kindred should have probably had at least 5 girls on the all-district team.


4th place didn't get 3. Oak Grove only got 2 named to the team (Selisker and Rust)

Usually 1st, 2nd and 3rd gets 3 players; 4th, 5th and 6th can get up to 2 players; 7th and 8th get 1 player each.


4th place (Northern Cass) did get 3 players - Ward, Verwest and Johnson.


The seeding was:
1. Central Cass vs. 8. Maple Valley
4. Oak Grove vs. 5. Richland
2. Kindred vs. 7. FSHP
3. Northern Cass vs. 6. Enderlin

Northern Cass and Oak Grove tied with NC getting the 3 because they destroyed OG during the season...remember the announcer said the team was taken from DISTRICT PLAY...NOT THE TOURNEY!
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14697
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:15 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:Why do they even have a 16-player All-District team? You can't even fit all the pics on a page in a local paper...lol! That's almost a lot for 11-man football! I would think they should go with 10 at the most.


I know, it seems like a lot. How many do they have for basketball? Does each district do it differently?


District 2 does 15 players for BB
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14697
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:Does anyone know how they pick the 16-member all-district team? It doesn't seem right that the 4th place team gets just as many girls (3) as the 1st place team. You can't tell me that everyone standing on that court were better players than several of the Kindred (or Central Cass for that matter) girls who were watching from the sidelines. Kindred should have probably had at least 5 girls on the all-district team.


4th place didn't get 3. Oak Grove only got 2 named to the team (Selisker and Rust)

Usually 1st, 2nd and 3rd gets 3 players; 4th, 5th and 6th can get up to 2 players; 7th and 8th get 1 player each.


4th place (Northern Cass) did get 3 players - Ward, Verwest and Johnson.


The seeding was:
1. Central Cass vs. 8. Maple Valley
4. Oak Grove vs. 5. Richland
2. Kindred vs. 7. FSHP
3. Northern Cass vs. 6. Enderlin

Northern Cass and Oak Grove tied with NC getting the 3 because they destroyed OG during the season...remember the announcer said the team was taken from DISTRICT PLAY...NOT THE TOURNEY!


Yikes - no need to shout! Sorry for the confusion. You said place so I thought you meant place in the tournament, not seeding for the tournament. :(
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:52 pm

wolves65 wrote:The coaches nominate and make a sales pitch for each player but don't get to vote. The can have more that 3 girls last year CCass had 5 girls on the all-district. There will never be a perfect way and if you argue you look like a bit foolish. Somebody will always be left off a team like this so it is a never ending topic. Can B Dahl make the all region team if you don't make the all district team?


I would think she still could. Is the region team a "tournament team?"
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:17 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:Does anyone know how they pick the 16-member all-district team? It doesn't seem right that the 4th place team gets just as many girls (3) as the 1st place team. You can't tell me that everyone standing on that court were better players than several of the Kindred (or Central Cass for that matter) girls who were watching from the sidelines. Kindred should have probably had at least 5 girls on the all-district team.


4th place didn't get 3. Oak Grove only got 2 named to the team (Selisker and Rust)

Usually 1st, 2nd and 3rd gets 3 players; 4th, 5th and 6th can get up to 2 players; 7th and 8th get 1 player each.


4th place (Northern Cass) did get 3 players - Ward, Verwest and Johnson.


The seeding was:
1. Central Cass vs. 8. Maple Valley
4. Oak Grove vs. 5. Richland
2. Kindred vs. 7. FSHP
3. Northern Cass vs. 6. Enderlin

Northern Cass and Oak Grove tied with NC getting the 3 because they destroyed OG during the season...remember the announcer said the team was taken from DISTRICT PLAY...NOT THE TOURNEY!


Yikes - no need to shout! Sorry for the confusion. You said place so I thought you meant place in the tournament, not seeding for the tournament. :(


Not shouting...just trying to clarify the situation...caps was the best way to make my point.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14697
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:Why do they even have a 16-player All-District team? You can't even fit all the pics on a page in a local paper...lol! That's almost a lot for 11-man football! I would think they should go with 10 at the most.


I know, it seems like a lot. How many do they have for basketball? Does each district do it differently?


District 2 does 15 players for BB

I think that's a lot too. You wouldn't even put 15 players on a traveling team if you could pick whoever you could.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:46 pm

one thing about our region is that they do seem to try to get a player from every team...its not always the best way but in another way I feel that including the 'best' player from a 8 seed in the district is the right thing to do...
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14697
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:one thing about our region is that they do seem to try to get a player from every team...its not always the best way but in another way I feel that including the 'best' player from a 8 seed in the district is the right thing to do...

I can see both sides too. I have seen that the best player on the 8th seeded team is generally better than at least the 3rd player on the 2nd seeded team. But people get hung up records, and think that the 8th seed is bad because they have no good players which isn't always true.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: District 2/Region 1 Volleyball

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:35 am

Class B
Region 1 tournament
At Lidgerwood

Monday

1) Kindred def. Lisbon 25-20, 18-25, 25-13, 25-12
2) Oakes def. Fargo Oak Grove 17-25, 18-25, 25-23, 25-14, 15-10
3) Wyndmere-Lidgerwood def. Northern Cass 25-11, 25-17, 25-13
4) Central Cass def. Milnor 25-14, 23-25, 25-23, 26-24

Today

Semifinals
5) Kindred vs. Oakes, 6 p.m.
6) Wyndmere-Lidgerwood vs. Central Cass, 7:30 p.m.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Previous

Return to Volleyball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest