Who are the big hitters for the 2010 season?

Who are the big hitters for the 2010 season?

Postby cowboysfan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:08 pm

Just wondering who returns as a big hitter for 2010.
cowboysfan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Who are the big hitters for the 2010 season?

Postby 3Putt » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 pm

In class A, Alexis Jacobs of Century and Emily Asche of Red River are the first two returning hitters that come to my mind.
3Putt
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4thegame » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:52 pm

I cannot believe someone deleted my post on olga samuelson! what a joke
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:01 pm

4thegame wrote:I cannot believe someone deleted my post on olga samuelson! what a joke

I deleted it. The way you wrote it you didn't sound like a serious poster.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby IplayforHim » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Class b, Kayln Schneider from Linton-HMB
IplayforHim
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vballfan06 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:43 am

schneider, yes. she's a definitely ball player.
Katie King--Kenmare
Moriah Skroch--Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
Janna Johnson--Hatton/Northwood
Kellie Schmit--Kindred
McKenzie Hart--Langdon
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:36 am

vballfan06 wrote:schneider, yes. she's a definitely ball player.
Katie King--Kenmare
Moriah Skroch--Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
Janna Johnson--Hatton/Northwood
Kellie Schmit--Kindred
McKenzie Hart--Langdon

Logan Selisker--Oak Grove
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby dirtracer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:14 pm

Published September 20 2010
Area high school feature: A big hit
Hart on pace for Langdon kills record

By: Greg DeVillers, Grand Forks Herald

LANGDON, N.D. — McKenzie Hart didn’t have to look far to find a target and a role model, all in one.

Taylor Hart graduated from Langdon High School in 2007 as one of three players in the tradition-rich Cardinals volleyball program with more than 1,000 career kills. What big sister — who had 1,039 kills — could do, McKenzie wanted to do better.

“We’re best friends,” McKenzie said. “Taylor and I always were in the gym together playing. When she was in high school, I went to all her matches.

“But we’re competitive. Our whole house is competitive. It’s competition in everything. Even when we’re playing Wii, we go at it so hard that we’re sweating when we’re done.”

With 1,172 kills, Hart has passed her sister. Now the 5-foot-8 junior has set her sights, literally, on bigger targets. Two players sit ahead of her on the school’s career kill list — 6-foot-2 Briana Stremick has the record with 1,945 kills and her 6-3 twin sister, Justine, had 1,790.

Hart had a school single-season record of 550 kills last season.

“If she stays healthy, McKenzie will get Briana,” said veteran Langdon coach Rich Olson.

“McKenzie is very strong, with real good jumping ability. She has a lot of shot-making ability. She probably hits the ball harder than just about anybody we’ve ever had. She can hit hard, throw changeups at defenses, hit down the line or at angles.”

Breaking the records of the Stremick sisters, both of whom went on to play NCAA Division I volleyball, is more than just about athletics for Hart.

“My next goal is to catch the Stremicks,” Hart said. “It will be hard, but I hope I can do it. They’re huge icons around Langdon. I know I look up to them. They were just ideal people — great in sports, great students, great in music. It would be cool to beat their records.”

Last season, Hart joined the Stremick twins as the only Langdon players to earn all-state honors as sophomores. Earlier this season, she joined Briana Stremick and her sister as the only Langdon players with more than 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs in a career. Hart currently is at 1,099 digs; she’s within striking distance of Janae Klindt’s school career record of 1,879 digs.

“Defense is probably my favorite part of the game,” she said. “Making a great dig, it gets everybody excited and going, more than a big hit does.”

Last season, Hart dominated the Langdon offense. This season, players such as Shannon Overby (59 kills), Julie Dinius (56 kills) and Abbey Braaten (55 kills) have become bigger hitting threats. Setter Mercedes Stein (215 assists) has more options on the 11-0 team.

“We have more hitters who have the ability to terminate,” Olson said. “Overby, Dinius and Braaten all have lifted their hitting to a higher level.

“It doesn’t matter to McKenzie who is getting the hits. The only thing she talks about is getting back to the state tournament. She’s as big of a team player as I’ve ever coached.”

Langdon saw its bid for a 12th straight berth in the state tournament end with a loss to Harvey in the Region 4 title match.

“It’s about the team,” Hart said. “For us to get back to state, we need to spread the shots around and get everybody involved. We’ve improved so much. Since the day we lost to Harvey, getting back to state is all I’ve dreamed about.”

DeVillers reports on sports. Reach him at (701) 780-1128; (800) 477-6572, ext. 128; or send e-mail to gdevillers@gfherald.com.
dirtracer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cowboysfan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:21 pm

I have watched this girl play before and as a VB fan who has watched many of the great names in ND VB history, she ranks right at the top with all of them. Just to be competing for school records against two of the best players in state history that are that tall and went on to big time D-1 programs is unbelieveable. If anyone can get a chance to watch her play it will be worth the price of the ticket, she is the real deal!
cowboysfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby senser » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:34 pm

McKenzie Hart is a very impressive volleyball player.

I wonder if Rich Olson recruited her? I hear that goes on at Langdon.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby a-simple-fan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:49 pm

senser wrote:McKenzie Hart is a very impressive volleyball player.

I would suggest before you make comments like that you maybe learn the background of the players. This is an ill advised comment with no facts.
a-simple-fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:58 pm

a-simple-fan wrote:

I would suggest before you make comments like that you maybe learn the background of the players. This is an ill advised comment with no facts.

I agree!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby senser » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:54 pm

My you guys are behind the times. Are you all new high school volleyball "fans"?

Welcome!

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2990
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby dirtracer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:13 pm

senser wrote:My you guys are behind the times. Are you all new high school volleyball "fans"?

Welcome!

are you sick???? its people like u that can turn a positive post for these young women into garbage..
dirtracer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby a-simple-fan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:31 pm

dirtracer wrote:
senser wrote:My you guys are behind the times. Are you all new high school volleyball "fans"?

Welcome!

are you sick???? its people like u that can turn a positive post for these young women into garbage..

Thanks for answering this, I didnt want to dignify his comment with an answer but you hit the nail on the head!
a-simple-fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:56 pm

Heresay about this kind of stuff will get you banned. Consider yourself warned.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby senser » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Hinsa wrote:

it's not heresay, it's "fact" that Langon recruited in the past. If you bothered to click on the link, you would have figured that one out. The inquiry about Hart was just that. Cheri-o
Last edited by senser on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby senser » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:21 pm

a-simple-fan wrote:
dirtracer wrote:

Welcome!

Thanks for answering this, I didnt want to dignify his comment with an answer but you hit the nail on the head!

I in no way, shape, or form said anything negative about Mackenzie Hart. She is a wonderful young player, and unarguably one of the best in the state of ND. If you have been following high school volleyball longer than 2 years, you would have known the story behind Langdon and their suspension. It's been documented, it's been written, and it's been held accountable.

There are your "facts" you so desperately needed for verification.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:25 pm

senser wrote:
Hinsa wrote:

it's not heresay, it's "fact". If you bothered to click on the link, you would have figured that one out.

What do you call "I wonder"? You are supposing that there was some recruiting going on. Heresay may not be the correct word, but you are stirring up trouble with your "wondering." The warning sticks.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby senser » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:27 pm

"I wonder" is not heresay. I think that is where you are confused. And for the sake of argumetn i will drop this right now.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:31 pm

senser wrote:"I wonder" is not heresay. I think that is where you are confused. And for the sake of argument i will drop this right now.

Good choice...let's get back to the topic
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby dirtracer » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:07 pm

senser wrote:
a-simple-fan wrote:
dirtracer wrote:

Welcome!

I in no way, shape, or form said anything negative about Mackenzie Hart. She is a wonderful young player, and unarguably one of the best in the state of ND. If you have been following high school volleyball longer than 2 years, you would have known the story behind Langdon and their suspension. It's been documented, it's been written, and it's been held accountable.

There are your "facts" you so desperately needed for verification.

I think when you brought up the scandal that happened three years ago... U hurt this whole Thread...The Fact is......You can kick a dead dog all u want but at the top of the page it says.... Who are the big hitters for the 2010 season? I see NOTHING about coaches or a scandal that happened three years ago.. And Yes YOU DID say something Negative...U are putting her name in with something she had NOTHING TO DO WITH...Get over it Its been documented, its been written, and its been held accountable.. and it does not belong in this post and that is the FACT!!
dirtracer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby 3Putt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:50 pm

Haven't you people ever heard (or read) the saying "Don't feed the trolls?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_trolls

I don't like senser's post but it wasn't that bad and it could have been ignored. Or better yet, put some facts up that answer the implication. I have no idea if this true but something like "the player in question lives in Langdon so recruiting would be unnecessary."
3Putt
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Get this topic back on track or it will be locked.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby 3Putt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:04 pm

Hinsa wrote:Get this topic back on track or it will be locked.

Yeah, we would hate to have too much traffic in this forum.

In my previous post on hitters in Class A, I should have mentioned Jessica Herauf of Dickinson. In the little I have seen her play, I've been very impressed.
3Putt
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Volleyball