Best Spikers

Re: Best Spikers

Postby Mr. All Day » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:31 pm

cometdad wrote:Think Jordan Sondrol from TLM and Maggie Lorenz from Harvey need to be on this list. Lorenz kills harder than any girl I've seen and Sondrol always kills to an open area of the court (great vision and court sense). Not too many digs come back after either of these two go up.

Have you seen the CHS trio???????????
Mr. All Day
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsnut24 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:11 pm

John Cena wrote:
Mr. All Day wrote:the trio of chs spikers in Madi, Carli, and AJ

A excellent trio! With these three, Century will probably be a major contendor for the championship.

these three girls are insanely good! i agree with both of you...but just because you can hit the ball hard doesn't make you a good hitter. you need to be smart with the ball, knowing when to swing, tip, roll shot, or push, just putting all your power into someting will not get you a kill everytime.
sportsnut24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr. All Day » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:03 pm

sportsnut24 wrote:
John Cena wrote:

A excellent trio! With these three, Century will probably be a major contendor for the championship.

these three girls are insanely good! i agree with both of you...but just because you can hit the ball hard doesn't make you a good hitter. you need to be smart with the ball, knowing when to swing, tip, roll shot, or push, just putting all your power into someting will not get you a kill everytime.

true but could u return a ball coming at u at the speed that some of those balls do?
Mr. All Day
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsnut24 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Mr. All Day wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:
John Cena wrote:

true but could u return a ball coming at u at the speed that some of those balls do?

no not everytime, not even close to everytime...but the ball isn't coming that speed when you have two blockers up, that is their purpose. If a hitter is going to swing every single time then the blockers adjust and she is going to get blocked. thats why a hitter has to learn to mix up. predictablity is a downfall in a hitter. and if they choose to hit around the block then its going to get hit right to the libero, and defensive players because they are placing themselves around their blockers.
i agree having a swing that hard is great...but there more then just power to a great hitter.
sportsnut24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr. All Day » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:06 pm

sportsnut24 wrote:
Mr. All Day wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:
John Cena wrote:

no not everytime, not even close to everytime...but the ball isn't coming that speed when you have two blockers up, that is their purpose. If a hitter is going to swing every single time then the blockers adjust and she is going to get blocked. thats why a hitter has to learn to mix up. predictablity is a downfall in a hitter. and if they choose to hit around the block then its going to get hit right to the libero, and defensive players because they are placing themselves around their blockers.
i agree having a swing that hard is great...but there more then just power to a great hitter.

Ok so u make some valid points but who is a better hitter then them
Mr. All Day
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsnut24 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:05 am

Mr. All Day wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:
Mr. All Day wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:
John Cena wrote:

well i do agree that they have the 'strongest' hit and are great players...but i would have to say the BHS team is full of great and most importantly SMART hitters. They know when to swing but they know when they need to roll shot, tip or push...it makes them very hard to read. I believe their varsity hitters are Annie Assel, Twila Moser, Anna Hruby, Katie Weigel, and there is a utility spot shared by Josette Glatt and Erin Haugen.
But i can't argue that the CHS Trio is great...i just think there are gitters that are just as good or better.
sportsnut24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr. All Day » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:47 am

sportsnut24 wrote:
Mr. All Day wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:
Mr. All Day wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:
John Cena wrote:

well i do agree that they have the 'strongest' hit and are great players...but i would have to say the BHS team is full of great and most importantly SMART hitters. They know when to swing but they know when they need to roll shot, tip or push...it makes them very hard to read. I believe their varsity hitters are Annie Assel, Twila Moser, Anna Hruby, Katie Weigel, and there is a utility spot shared by Josette Glatt and Erin Haugen.
But i can't argue that the CHS Trio is great...i just think there are gitters that are just as good or better.

yeh all i know is that there will be good state matchups overall and i think it will be CHS and BHS
Mr. All Day
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsnut24 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Mr. All Day wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:
Mr. All Day wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:
Mr. All Day wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:
John Cena wrote:

yeh all i know is that there will be good state matchups overall and i think it will be CHS and BHS

i agree with you 100% on that. Re-match of last years title game...we will have to wait and see who pulls through. I think its the Demon's year
sportsnut24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr. All Day » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:22 pm

sportsnut24 wrote:
Mr. All Day wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:
Mr. All Day wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:
Mr. All Day wrote:
sportsnut24 wrote:
John Cena wrote:

i agree with you 100% on that. Re-match of last years title game...we will have to wait and see who pulls through. I think its the Demon's year

if CHS plays like they have been playing and against BHS the first time CHS wins but if they are off and cant play as team and they play like the last matchup between the two it will be a BHS win
Mr. All Day
NDPreps Reserve

Postby chippy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Madison Gegelman, Taylor Kraft, Jenna Beilke, Jenna Kost are all crazy hitters from central cass.
chippy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 9manfootballmom » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:31 pm

chippy wrote:Madison Gegelman, Taylor Kraft, Jenna Beilke, Jenna Kost are all crazy hitters from central cass.

Did Central Cass win tonight? I can't find a score

got it...Central Cass lost to Wynmere Lidgerwood 3-0 Shoot I was hoping the Squirrels would go to state...
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cowboysfan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:06 am

I watched Mckenzie Hart from Langdon clobber Carrington tonight in the semi final game in Devils Lake. She not only hit very hard spikes but also roll shots, she also made some unbelieveable digs from the back row, she ended the night with 20 kills. I listened to the radio announcer on the way home and he said she went over 1000 kills already and she is only a sophmore. I have seen alot of the girls play that are mentioned in this post, but by far she is the real deal, no doubt the best spiker and maybe the best player in class B if not the entire state.
cowboysfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:27 pm

I've seen more than few around the area... but one girl I didn't get a chance to see until recently was Brittney Thingstad from Velva. Pretty impressive hitter that can hit a ton, but is pretty unpredictable when she goes up. Teams will set up a block in one spot and she'll switch angles and hit with her opposite hand (left). I've seen only a few girls that can hit well with both hands, especially with some decent power on it...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBEast » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:31 am

9manfootballmom wrote:
chippy wrote:Madison Gegelman, Taylor Kraft, Jenna Beilke, Jenna Kost are all crazy hitters from central cass.

Did Central Cass win tonight? I can't find a score

got it...Central Cass lost to Wynmere Lidgerwood 3-0 Shoot I was hoping the Squirrels would go to state...

Yeah, me too! Central Cass just made a lot of mental mistakes and could never get their game going.

But as far as hitters go, don't forget Courtney Dixon... she made All District this year as a sophomore. Expect many more good things to come from her!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby purple_drank » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:09 pm

angie waller from north
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby The 1 man wolf pack » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:17 pm

well out of class A who would u say would be the best hitters
The 1 man wolf pack
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Volleyball