Team/Individual Volleyball Camps

Team/Individual Volleyball Camps

Postby chuck2010 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:08 pm

I am looking for any team/individual skill volleyball camps. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Message me with any information or send it to St. John School 400 Foussard Ave. Saint John, ND 58369.
chuck2010
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Team/Individual Volleyball Camps

Postby vballer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:46 pm

my daughter has been to numerous VB camps in the region and this was her choices in order : (She attended the high performance hitter camps.)

Concordia- (went one time) best use of time, not much time to sit around, busy all the time. Worked on fundamentals, Head coach worked with the campers as well as current team members. Schedule of what you do each day and each period is given to all the campers, so they know what to expect all the time. Evaluations given at the end. Economical price too! Divided players by skill not age. Worked on individual and team skills. Tournament play. T-shirt given

MSUM- (went one time) team camp. Quality camp. Quality coaches from MN that work with your team all week. Great fundamental emphasis. Worked on individual and team skills. Tournament play. Reasonable price. T-shirt and certificate given

NDSU- (went 4-5 times) very poor camp. (granted the coach is new and probably has some bugs to work out). Head coach never around. They had the younger kids camp at the same time and he chose to be there. His college players although great, seemed unorganized and like they were winging it every session, no real lesson plans. Way too much down time, work for 2 hours 2 hours off, work for 2 hours 2 hours off. On the two hours off they had campus tours (not interested with this price, would have preferredWaste of time, very very expensive. No evaluations given. Campers divided up by age only, so you had some very skilled in the same group as first year players. Not much individual attention, if given very sporadic. Worked on team skills most of the time. T-shirt and waterbottle given. Huge emphasis on buying NDSU gear at their booth during registration.

If I had time to only attend one camp, it would be Concordia. I learned the most as this camp and had the most fun too.
vballer
NDPreps Starter

Re: Team/Individual Volleyball Camps

Postby ~vball21~ » Sun May 03, 2009 7:37 pm

I agree. I went to NDSU last summer and there wasn't much direct learning and we just did drills most of the time like a normal practice....and expensive too
~vball21~
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Volleyball