watching class A and B at state

watching class A and B at state

Postby vballer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:26 pm

I just wanted to mention that I think that Kenmare should get the award for the best fans, also the most fans. (and I was there to watch class A). Their fans were all decked out wearing what the team wore-( I think it was camoflage.). They were very sportsmanlike and really got behind their team.
vballer
NDPreps Starter

Re: watching class A and B at state

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Another great season by coach Wallstrum and the Kenmare program. Congratulations to them.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby dowork » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:08 pm

wow that is the most rediculous thing i have ever read. The Century student section embarrassed every other student section. they had the loudest, and the most fans, and the best cheers at the tournament
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby senser » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:00 am

No, Century did not have more fans than Kenmare, or most any of the Class B schools, who seemed to bring half their entire town to the tournament. That in itself is a ridiculous assumption.

They also did not have the best cheers. Their "redredredredwhite" cheer or whatever was lame. The best cheers were most definitely from West Fargo, and they have the fathers, and the one mother to thank for that.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby vballer » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:25 am

Sorry, I stick by my comment that Kenmare wins the award for most and best fans. Yes, Century had a lot but it was mostly students (Kenmare had more students and more adults). West Fargo had great parents cheering (the parent cheers were awesome) but close to no additional students from their school (too far -although they were in the hunt for the state title you would think that would have brought more kids ). Also Kenmare had fans every game of the tournament. Century had a good crowd only for the championship game.
vballer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:22 pm

vballer wrote:Sorry, I stick by my comment that Kenmare wins the award for most and best fans. Yes, Century had a lot but it was mostly students (Kenmare had more students and more adults). West Fargo had great parents cheering (the parent cheers were awesome) but close to no additional students from their school (too far -although they were in the hunt for the state title you would think that would have brought more kids ). Also Kenmare had fans every game of the tournament. Century had a good crowd only for the championship game.

To the defense of the east class A teams, West Fargo had school and had they been in the championship hunt still on Saturday, there would have been more students, but 4 hours for high school kids to drive is a long way. NO WAY do my parents let me make that drive when in high school.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dowork » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:24 pm

you must have missed the other games for century. Century had a bus come up for all three days of the tournament, and there were students that came up on their own too. they had a lot of adults too, all the girls' parents and other relatives, and teachers.
They did have the best cheers too, the AHHHOO before all of there own serves, ace cheers, madi buck cheers, "ocho" cheers for jacobs, dunce cheers, sit cheers for big spikes. I couldnt even hear kenmare cheers on the other side of the gym... i couldnt even see them either. that must have been becuase of the camo though.
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby senser » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:28 pm

Century's students, parents, relatives, and teachers, didn't equal the town of Kenmare basically. Being there all 3 days, all day, the one poster was right on about Century having most of their fans only at the Championship game. They had a good showing, but it still wasn't more then Kenmare's, who basically filled out their entire side, with another great option over on their opponent's section. Most of the Class B teams had a better following then Century and all the Class A's, even Stanley who finished 8th. It's not a surprise, it happens every year.

Watching them play the first day against Fargo North, not only did they not have half of what they had in the Championship game, but they were quiet too. Especially when North jumped on them right away. AM sure they expected to win and weren't geared up for the game against North, but that doesn't exclude them in comparison with the Class B teams, who basically "bring it" for all 3 games.

West Fargo had the best cheers for Class A, and even they don't compare with a lot of Class B.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:35 pm

It sounds like there were multiple teams that had great support at the tournament. The girls deserved it after there successes all season.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby dowork » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:54 am

Century did have a big crowd at the championship game. How many did kenmare have? oh wait...
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:58 pm

Does putting down another teams fans make yours seem so much better?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:15 pm

I am going to assume that Kenmare and Century were both strongly supported by their fans at the State Tournament.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby senser » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:03 am

dowork wrote:Century did have a big crowd at the championship game. How many did kenmare have? oh wait...

Kenmare had more fans at their 3rd place game then Century did in their championship game.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Return to Volleyball