all state vb team

all state vb team

Postby sportsmart » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:42 pm

Does anyone know the criteria for the all state team? Does an athlete have to be a senior?
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Re: all state vb team

Postby Baller » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:26 pm

sportsmart wrote:Does anyone know the criteria for the all state team? Does an athlete have to be a senior?

Goes to the top players no matter what their age...Voted on by coaches for Volleyball
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsmart » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:24 pm

That is what I thought, but then I asked out at state after the team was introduced and I was in shock at some of the players not on and various people told me in vb they have to be seniors??
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:35 pm

sportsmart wrote:That is what I thought, but then I asked out at state after the team was introduced and I was in shock at some of the players not on and various people told me in vb they have to be seniors??

Is that a class B rule??? I know that Class A had a handful of juniors.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:37 pm

Baller wrote:
sportsmart wrote:That is what I thought, but then I asked out at state after the team was introduced and I was in shock at some of the players not on and various people told me in vb they have to be seniors??

Is that a class B rule??? I know that Class A had a handful of juniors.

i don't think so? i thought kenmare's keri nelson was on there? she's only a jr.
rep

Postby vballfan06 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:20 pm

No, that isn't a rule---there were a few underclassmen on the list: Abbey Aide from Bottineau, Keri Nelson from Kenmare, and AJ Liesner from Ray-----the player that I was really surprised didn't make it was Veronica Munkeby from Lisbon.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsmart » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:30 pm

Yeah there is no way she should have been left off. Not to take anything away from the others, but she was better then many that were named. Lueck from Enderlin made it and Veronica is way above her. She lead her team to state twice and didn't make it. Something is wrong with the voting there and should be fixed. If not maybe they should just get rid of the awards.
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby vballfan06 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:33 pm

ah---it's hard to compare lueck and munkeby, because they're two completely different ball players. Munkeby is a middle hitter, her job is to make offensive plays happen. Lueck was on the outside, but really---she should be just a defensive player. She has outstanding ball control. I think Lueck deserved the honor---but again, I think Munkeby was the best middle hitter on the eastern side of the state.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby sdunrud » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:32 pm

sportsmart wrote:Does anyone know the criteria for the all state team? Does an athlete have to be a senior?

Each region can have up to 4 nominees for all-state, the region coaches select their top 4 players. Then the eastern 4 and the western 4 regions vote for 8 from their list of 16. All-state members can be any age.
sdunrud
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Volleyball