1W Minot vs. 4W Fargo Shanley 6:00
2E Fargo South vs. 3W Williston 8:00

Class B
Lamoure vs. Langdon 12:00
Center-Stanton vs. Kenmare 2:00
Dickinson Trinty vs. Ray 6:00
Lisbon vs. Thompson 8:00

Thoughts? Prediction?

I dont know about class B, but class A i'll take WF in 3, Bismarck in 4, Minot in 3, and South in 5.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Re: State Volleyball

Postby Baller » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:09 pm

Number7 wrote:First Round Match-Ups Thurs. at Jamestown Civic Center
Class A
1E West Fargo vs. 4W Bismarck Century 12:00
2W Bismarck vs. 3E GF Red River 2:00

Class B

Thoughts? Prediction?

I dont know about class B, but class A i'll take WF in 3, Bismarck in 4, Minot in 3, and South in 5.

I am go ahead and call a South - WF championship game....the only close matches will be BHS- WF in 4 and South - Minot in 4...then a rematch of the EDC championship....not sure WF can beat south 4 times
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EDC » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:02 pm

I haven't been very good at predicting volleyball games. What I hope for is that the East teams play well and have a good showing. Bismarck impressed me but from what I hear they are inconsistant. From my limited knowledge Bismarck was the team to avoid in the West. Now that Minot is the number 1 seed that shows again how much I know. Would like to think that South and West Fargo are as good as anybody. Won't hide that I hope Shanley plays well also in their 2nd straight appearance after missing for many many years. Shanley played Minot tough the first East-West classic. In any case, let's have fun and enjoy the experience!

I should add that I look forward to seeing the Class B teams. It will be interesting to see the comparisons with Class A. I imagine that the "B" teams have much bigger followings than the "A" teams especially now that Jamestown High is didn't make the state.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby oneNdone » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:46 am

Baller wrote:
Class A

Class B

Thoughts? Prediction?

I am go ahead and call a South - WF championship game....the only close matches will be BHS- WF in 4 and South - Minot in 4...then a rematch of the EDC championship....not sure WF can beat south 4 times

I most definately agree. West Fargo and South state championship game. I can also see WF being beat by Bismarck Demons just because of WF's inconsistant play in tournaments. I think it would be nice to see the two #2 teams from the East and West play eachother because they are both underdogs and because they have not yet played eachother, it would be fun match. But again it would be cool to finally see two East teams in the championship, to show that the East is compatible with the West.

How about all State Awards?
Senior Athlete of the year?
oneNdone

Postby Baller » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:27 am

Senior player of the year is between stroup and leutzen. Stroup is a stud, but i think leutzen has the edge in this one.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballer » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Class B- 1st-Lisbon 2nd-Center-Stanton 3rd-Dickinson Trinity 4th-LaMoure 5th-Thompson 6th-Kenmare 7th-Langdon 8th-Ray
basketballer

Postby Number7 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:56 pm

oneNdone wrote:
Baller wrote:
Class A

Class B

Thoughts? Prediction?

I most definately agree. West Fargo and South state championship game. I can also see WF being beat by Bismarck Demons just because of WF's inconsistant play in tournaments. I think it would be nice to see the two #2 teams from the East and West play eachother because they are both underdogs and because they have not yet played eachother, it would be fun match. But again it would be cool to finally see two East teams in the championship, to show that the East is compatible with the West.

How about all State Awards?
Senior Athlete of the year?

Define inconsistent in tournaments. They rolled through the west teams in the first East/West tourney. lost to the eventual champions in Marshall, MN, lost two out of 7 in the Fargo tourney, and went 3-0 in EDC. They haven't lost a 5-game match to anyone and those loses are when they play multiple teams and games in a day. It's one 5-game match a day at state and WF has beaten every team in the tournament already. South: 3-1, Shanley: 3-0, GFRR: 2-0, Minot: 1-0 (3-0), Bismarck: 1-0 (3-0), Century: 1-0 (2-1), and Williston: 1-0 (2-1). WF vs. South in the championship, should be a great game.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby EDC » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:35 pm

WF is the favorite. South is a close 2nd. Good chance they will meet in the championship. Wouldn't bet on the outcome. Would be a heck of a game and fun to watch. Of course I hope it is WF and Shanley in the final.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby oneNdone » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:04 pm

Baller wrote:Senior player of the year is between stroup and leutzen. Stroup is a stud, but i think leutzen has the edge in this one.

Define edge? The two athletes are completely different players. Leutzen is a setter, Stroup a middle. Assists vs. Kills.
oneNdone

Postby Baller » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:18 pm

oneNdone wrote:
Baller wrote:Senior player of the year is between stroup and leutzen. Stroup is a stud, but i think leutzen has the edge in this one.

Define edge? The two athletes are completely different players. Leutzen is a setter, Stroup a middle. Assists vs. Kills.

EDGE...in that I think Luetzen is the favorite in this one. Can't really go by statistics because they play different positions and its hard to go by assists vs. kills because Minot plays a 5-1 meaning that Leutzen is on the floor at all times. I think that Leutzen because she does SO much for the Minot team that is the #1 seed in the West. Stroup does a lot, but it is actually going to hurt her that she is surrounded by good players. Olson was also a finalist for Senior Athlete of the year in the East so yes stroup is good...but she is not forced to carry her team night in and night out like Leutzen
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsmart » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:05 pm

basketballer wrote:Class B- 1st-Lisbon 2nd-Center-Stanton 3rd-Dickinson Trinity 4th-LaMoure 5th-Thompson 6th-Kenmare 7th-Langdon 8th-Ray

Have you seen Kenamre play?? I don't think it will be a contest. Kenmare will be the champs. I think the rest will be a dogfight! Good luck to all teams
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:05 pm

sportsmart wrote:
basketballer wrote:Class B- 1st-Lisbon 2nd-Center-Stanton 3rd-Dickinson Trinity 4th-LaMoure 5th-Thompson 6th-Kenmare 7th-Langdon 8th-Ray

Have you seen Kenamre play?? I don't think it will be a contest. Kenmare will be the champs. I think the rest will be a dogfight! Good luck to all teams

I think that sportsmart might be right on this simply b/c Kenmare hasn't played anywhere but in its own area......haven't played a lot of other teams around the state, so how do they compare against the rest of the state. So there's no way to consider them the best team in the state. They haven't played any of the strong vb programs, haven't been in any of the big tourneys, that is why I agree with sportsmart.....maybe they'll be a surprise, but experience and tough matches count for a lot at this time of the year.....
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vballfan06 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:02 pm

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:
sportsmart wrote:

I think that sportsmart might be right on this simply b/c Kenmare hasn't played anywhere but in its own area......haven't played a lot of other teams around the state, so how do they compare against the rest of the state. So there's no way to consider them the best team in the state. They haven't played any of the strong vb programs, haven't been in any of the big tourneys, that is why I agree with sportsmart.....maybe they'll be a surprise, but experience and tough matches count for a lot at this time of the year.....
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby vballfan06 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:05 pm

oops...guess mine didn't post:
Anyway: Kenmare's the team to beat. They play in the toughest region in the state, they finished runner-up in the DL-B invite (the best Class B tournament in the state, without their starting setter), and return almost the entire cast from a state runner-up finish a year ago. If that doesn't tag them as a favorite, nothing will. Sure, I'd like to see a couple of new teams crack into the top---but Region 5 (Center-Stanton) has been the weakest region in the state for quite a while. Region 1 also quite weak the past couple of year (although, I think Lisbon has some weapons this year that could make some noise). Bottom line---Kenmare's the favorite.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bearsfan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:28 pm

I gonna have to agree with vballfan06......
Kenmare has got to be the favorite..... and I can see them playing either Lisbon or Thompson in the finals. Thompson is kinda iffy with their play but if they can pick up the speed of their game they may surprise a few team out there. Kenmare is big and athletic enough to block zones to be able to beat the quick game that either Lisbon or Thompson can throw at them.
But Center-Stanton has nothing to be ashamed of... they are playing at state and there are lots of teams that wished they were in their shoes!!!! I can see them playing Ray in the 7th place game. The second round matches should be GREAT to watch. Class A is a crap shoot...... those all could be 5 games matches..... none of those teams are all that dominate as there have been in the past!!!

Too bad that the Tourney is in Jamestown though.... can't find any rooms to stay in that town.
Please keep the tourney in Bismarck and Minot!!!!!!
Bearsfan

Postby Baller » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:31 pm

Bearsfan wrote:I gonna have to agree with vballfan06......
Kenmare has got to be the favorite..... and I can see them playing either Lisbon or Thompson in the finals. Thompson is kinda iffy with their play but if they can pick up the speed of their game they may surprise a few team out there. Kenmare is big and athletic enough to block zones to be able to beat the quick game that either Lisbon or Thompson can throw at them.
But Center-Stanton has nothing to be ashamed of... they are playing at state and there are lots of teams that wished they were in their shoes!!!! I can see them playing Ray in the 7th place game. The second round matches should be GREAT to watch. Class A is a crap shoot...... those all could be 5 games matches..... none of those teams are all that dominate as there have been in the past!!!

Too bad that the Tourney is in Jamestown though.... can't find any rooms to stay in that town.
Please keep the tourney in Bismarck and Minot!!!!!!

Or Fargo or Grand Forks....the west has had it the last 4 years....come east, you might like the flat land.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsmart » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:01 pm

I agree jamestown hosting it is a joke. Maybe the A or the B, but not combined. The NDHSSA needs to start looking at who gets to host tourneys. This also trickles into the district and region. Only schools that have the facilities should host. I was lucky enough to get a room. Should be a fun tourney. Vb is so iffy. teams are so up and down. I will pick Kenmare and Lisbon in the final. With Kenmare your champ.
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bearsfan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:08 pm

Sorry......... I wouldn't mind the east either..... or maybe my wife would like the shopping better! Either way, the facilities are much better!
Bearsfan

Postby EDC » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:13 pm

Does anybody know if the games start on the times listed or will they start earlier if the court is clear?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:34 pm

EDC wrote:Does anybody know if the games start on the times listed or will they start earlier if the court is clear?

They will start at the times listed...That was a BIG complaint at the EDC tournament...if you are going to print times and people are playing out of their nose to watch, then games should start at printed times. If they want to start 30 minutes after the previous match, then they need to print it like that.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:13 pm

Anyone know how they are gonna separate the matches? will it be a large curtain like at the dome or alerus for state basketball?
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:35 pm

I'll take West Fargo vs Fargo South in the final. Either can be replaced with Bismark or Minot respectively, but I'd give West Fargo the benefit of the doubt that they'll pull the win, unless South gets in a groove.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:15 pm

If anyone has results from this afternoon's matches could you post them. Thanks Tonight, too.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:33 pm

West Fargo won in three. Kalen Ost is blogging the class B at :

http://www.areavoices.com/ost/
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Thanks for the info Ost is the guy with the most, eh?
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Volleyball