Langdon Benched from Post-Season

Postby magichoops » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:53 am

The North Dakota High School Activities Association Executive Board has suspended the Langdon High School volleyball team from postseason play in the fall.
The board on Wednesday upheld an earlier ruling that Langdon coaches broke rules by recruiting volleyball players from nearby Munich.
magichoops

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:43 am

magichoops wrote:The North Dakota High School Activities Association Executive Board has suspended the Langdon High School volleyball team from postseason play in the fall.
The board on Wednesday upheld an earlier ruling that Langdon coaches broke rules by recruiting volleyball players from nearby Munich.

weren't they one of the early favorites to win it all? That is tough break. Its too bad the actions of those coaches will impact the girls. That is really sad.
ndfbfan

Postby Claz B Fan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Last edited by Claz B Fan on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball11 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:48 pm

A really terrible mistake from the coach.  From my understanding the girls were already planning on playing in Langdon and even attended volleyball open gyms here.  I don't know if he didn't know or just didnt think he'd get caught, but one way or another theres a bunch of disappointed girls in Langdon.  Too bad, the streak of 9 years at state in a row is ended before the season even started.
baseball11

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:28 pm

Yeah it sure is a tough break...I feel bad for the players though...not their fault that the coach went and did that..
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hcky1616 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:46 pm

Lets not overlook the fact that it took a jealous, and upset coach and administration from Cando to follow-up on rumors and.......turn them in.
hcky1616

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:40 am

"Lets not overlook the fact that," rules are rules. The NDHSAA cant babysit every team in the state and make sure they all play by the rules.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby tadam6 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:02 pm

the langdon vball coach also lost his job as the coach and as a teacher
tadam6

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:36 pm

tadam6 wrote:the langdon vball coach also lost his job as the coach and as a teacher

THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE SEEN ON HERE HE LOST HIS JOB AS A TEACHER OVER VOLLEYBALL SO STUPID

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:28 am

cdub1 wrote:
tadam6 wrote:the langdon vball coach also lost his job as the coach and as a teacher

THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE SEEN ON HERE HE LOST HIS JOB AS A TEACHER OVER VOLLEYBALL SO STUPID
i agree. is this fact or hearsay??? Or did he lose his coaching and decided to give up teaching?? meaning he wasn't fired from teaching necessarily.
ndfbfan

Return to Volleyball