Who is BIG in 2007 volleyball?

Postby 2424 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:29 pm

who do you think is going to be key players in the 2007 season for ND volleyball?
"when in Rome"
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tadam6 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:50 am

brittany wirth from munich is now playing w/ langdon...and also w/ erin barta setting to her...they're unstoppable at the net
tadam6

Postby rep » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:48 am

tadam6 wrote:brittany wirth from munich is now playing w/ langdon...and also w/ erin barta setting to her...they're unstoppable at the net

call me crazy, but right now, i'm calling landon the region champ...talk about a bold statement right there.
rep

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:25 am

sounds like langdon & munich might have broken the rules "just a tad".....i wondered how wirth could be in langdon when she plays for north star without moving or sitting the 90/180 days.......i see the unofficial scuttlebutt finally made the official news........and now the recruitment comments shall begin again :P......and apparently with some meat behind the rumors
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vballfan06 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:18 pm

yeah...it'll be interesting how this turns out.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stromer » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:45 pm

I laughes so hard when it finally made the news.  I knew they were being investigated but I didn't think the NDHSAA actually had the guts to bring it public.  There might have been some violations during this courtship (at the very least some questionable methods) and it will be interesting to see what comes of it.  I have already heard rumors of a possible post season ban but who knows if that will pan out.
Last edited by Stromer on Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:37 pm

The West Fargo volleyball tema should be solid after losing only one player from last year's state tournament team. They will be lead by seniors Jamie Green, outside hitter, and Sadie Doggett, setter.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:49 pm

Number7 wrote:The West Fargo volleyball tema should be solid after losing only one player from last year's state tournament team. They will be lead by seniors Jamie Green, outside hitter, and Sadie Doggett, setter.

New coach though as Petersen was ousted.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:55 pm

Baller wrote:
Number7 wrote:The West Fargo volleyball tema should be solid after losing only one player from last year's state tournament team. They will be lead by seniors Jamie Green, outside hitter, and Sadie Doggett, setter.

O i didnt even know that wow.  Is it pearson though? cuz i know she was the coach two years ago so it shouldn't be that big of a change if thats the case.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:57 pm

Number7 wrote:
Baller wrote:

O i didnt even know that wow.  Is it pearson though? cuz i know she was the coach two years ago so it shouldn't be that big of a change if thats the case.
yeah but there are going to be some angry players because it was pearson that got her fired.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:04 pm

Baller wrote:
Number7 wrote:
Baller wrote:

yeah but there are going to be some angry players because it was pearson that got her fired.
Ye i know it was a really messy situation between both coaches. Some players like pearson better cause she was harder on them and thought peterson was too much of friend instead of a coach, but others preferred peterson's style.  So it should be interesting to it all works out.  Too bad an off-the-court issue has to be a distraction before practice even starts.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:42 pm

Doesn't Green set too?? or is she only hitting this year?
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Number7 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:44 am

play_d_shoot3 wrote:

Doesn't Green set too?? or is she only hitting this year?

Im pretty sure she is only hitting
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby fish » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:20 pm

The Mott/Regent Wildfire from Region 7 will have a good chance at making it to the State Championship! They return 5 of their 6 starters from last year and they were in regionals last year! Look for their teamwork, devotion, and great defense and offense to carry them far!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:34 pm

Sorry, but nope, you've got to go thru DT and like langdon, they rule their region.
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:05 pm

not too sure what region 3 looks like...not exactly a powerhouse region, and it got weaker with graduations of players like glynn from ellendale and cuypers from lmm.

my guess is lmm will be one of the stronger teams with heather brown, i'm not positive who defending region champ edgeley brings back, linton might be okay with feist, napoleon seems to have been decent the last couple of years and lamoure tends to always be in the mix, though i don't know if they have any tall girls.

other than that, no clue.
rep

Postby fish » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:51 pm

I know Langdon will be tough, however they will have to adapt to a new coach with possibly a new coaching style. I'm not saying its guranteed you just have to throw them in the mix
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:19 pm

How about LaMoure??
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:10 am

good talent..return most of the starting 6........not a lot of height......but two new coaches might make things interesting
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fightingsioux20 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:08 am

Watch out for Carrington they have a stud soph setter
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballman » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:13 am

[user=1698]fightingsioux20[/user] wrote:
Watch out for Carrington they have a stud soph setter
Carrington may have a mediocre season. I don't believe they will have any leadership, it is a slightly inexperienced line-up. They may turn things around near tournament time but i see them going to districts as a #5-8 seed.
basketballman

Postby t-bird_4_4 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:34 pm

Langdon is not even good with out taylor hart and last yr. players. Wirth is good but no langdon will not be the champs. IT WILL BE BOTNO!!!

Im just sayin there not good. Also this yr. they shouldn't even be playin v-ball this yr. But i mean by that i heard somethin at langdon about there their sports.

Wirth u are a really good player to.

BOTNO ALL THE WAY TO CHAMPS!!:D
Last edited by t-bird_4_4 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t-bird_4_4

Return to Volleyball