2021 Post-season Discussion

2021 Post-season Discussion

Postby vikingman » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:25 am

Technically not 'post-season', but close enough--North Star upset Langdon last night to get the #1 seed. But the NFHS stream quit in the middle of Set 4. Did it go to 5 sets?

Having total automation of NFHS streams saves a lot of work for admins and ADs, but when stuff like this happens, it's quite exasperating when you have no other way of finding out about a game. (and it's not the first time I've watched a stream that stopped early. Usually they continue for an hour or more after conclusion of the game. It's great getting to watch janitors sweep the floor with the lights off.)

Hopefully North Star will be able to repeat this at the region, but there have been quite a few times when NS has won the regular season matchup with Langdon, and only once that they've been able to repeat in the Region Championship.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Re: 2021 Post-season Discussion

Postby vikingman » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:03 pm

that's my point--it's automated to such a degree that if something doesn't go exactly as planned, you end up not recording. That wouldn't happen if you had someone doing it live--it's a trade off, but NFHS apparently doesn't care if you record for 60 minutes after the game is over, so why not pad the time to make sure that won't happen?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby HighSchoolSportsFan » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:50 pm

North Star 3-1. Fourth set was similar to the first where Langdon gave up a run to lose the set. In the fourth I believe it was 24-20 Langdon and final was 26-24 North Star if I am not mistaken.
Varsity got a late start so might have played into the cut off in the 4th set. If that can be corrected by "padding" the end time I don't know why you wouldn't do that. I subscribe to UTMA communications for TV so was able to watch it on Langdon's high school station via that provider. They pipe in the Langdon radio station as well, although the audio wasn't great last night with some static.
HighSchoolSportsFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby jimor » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:31 am

The cut off time must have been set to 10PM. Game got over about 10:15 or so.
jimor
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:26 pm

When you add in Senior night (only 2) and then the fact that all pre-lim matches have to go 3 sets, varsity matches can get quite late.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Return to Volleyball