Class B Volleyball and Golf

Class B Volleyball and Golf

Postby Flip » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:45 pm

There was some discussion on this somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I know volleyball hasn't started yet, but what are everyone's initial thoughts on the change of the golf season?

It is still very early, but I like the change. It has to be nice to have all your practices outdoors in 80 degrees weather. Someone had speculated the change will kill some golf programs. At my small school I know we had a few new girls go out. We did have a couple of girls that golfed in the spring that aren't golfing this fall. Kids at our school will be able to play both too. Region golf is September 15th, for us, so those kids that are in volleyball will still have a solid 6-8 weeks where they can concentrate on that.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: Class B Volleyball and Golf

Postby Sportsrube » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:41 pm

We have fewer girls out for golf and fewer girls out for VB. Not sure if the switch of the golf season had anything to do with either or not. We do have a couple of girls that practice golf early in the morning and then go to VB after school. Not sure how many kids would have the dedication to do that for very long. I would be interested to see the how the number of participants for both sports are this year and if there are any major differences.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Volleyball