2020 season

Re: 2020 season

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:00 pm

vikingman wrote:does oak grove webcast their VB games?

Athletic Club usually does...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:42 pm

just a hypothetical:

Suppose after regions are decided, but before state tourney starts, a team has Covid and has to drop out. Will they send the #2 team or just have forfeits?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:50 pm

vikingman wrote:just a hypothetical:

Suppose after regions are decided, but before state tourney starts, a team has Covid and has to drop out. Will they send the #2 team or just have forfeits?

If their JV isn't in close contact they could sent their JV. Some teams have had to play JV/C players in districts...I know one team is down to just 6 seniors to play their region match(es).

Several teams so far have cancelled their postseason as their whole team or school is under quarantine or online.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:23 pm

I saw a tweet mentioning that Class A is playing in Hillsboro because Class A wasn't allowing spectators. When I look at the youtube stream, there's still hardly anyone in the stands. Is Hillsboro allowing just 2 spectators per player as well? It's seems hardly worth making the change for as few fans as are there, unless I'm missing something.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:22 pm

vikingman wrote:I saw a tweet mentioning that Class A is playing in Hillsboro because Class A wasn't allowing spectators. When I look at the youtube stream, there's still hardly anyone in the stands. Is Hillsboro allowing just 2 spectators per player as well? It's seems hardly worth making the change for as few fans as are there, unless I'm missing something.

Grand Forks wasn't allowing fans...Hillsboro was willing to host for GFRR.

GF Central played their play-in match in Thompson as well.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:36 pm

anyone else having trouble with the Langdon webcast? It's constantly locking up for me, using two different computers, one wired, one wireless.

The Grafton/Thompson game was doing the same, but not nearly as bad as the Langdon feed.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:10 pm

vikingman wrote:anyone else having trouble with the Langdon webcast? It's constantly locking up for me, using two different computers, one wired, one wireless.

The Grafton/Thompson game was doing the same, but not nearly as bad as the Langdon feed.

I quit ever trying to get the live streams on NFHS Network to run...I just followed updates from Region 4 & 7 today and listened to the radio for Region 2; the rest of the regions were on better systems (youtube mainly)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:00 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
vikingman wrote:anyone else having trouble with the Langdon webcast? It's constantly locking up for me, using two different computers, one wired, one wireless.

I quit ever trying to get the live streams on NFHS Network to run...I just followed updates from Region 4 & 7 today and listened to the radio for Region 2; the rest of the regions were on better systems (youtube mainly)

I subscribed to NFHS Network this fall and I don't think I've had many issues. Thompson/Grafton match had a very annoying scratch sound with the KMAV radio feed for me.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:25 pm

Actually I've had a lot of issues with NFHS network over the past couple of years. I've watched VB games where the camera would only show one side of the court, I saw one wrestling match that for the most part only showed the legs of the wrestlers because the camera was pointed too low, and another where the entire match had the camera pointed at an empty mat -- you could hear the crowd yelling, but no wrestlers in sight. Scoreboards are often not working correctly. And when you have region finals and your system can't handle the load, it's not a good sign.

I also saw a couple of volleyball matches this fall where the audio feed was from the local radio station -- but not play-by-play -- just the regular programming schedule for the night. (this probably wouldn't have been NFHS' fault, though).
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby airmail » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:23 pm

NFHS network is usually 50/50 at our house. :roll:

Frustrating as heck, but we still keep the subscription - especially this year when we can't attend as many games in-person. I wish these schools would pay some kid to live stream it... always a better feed, it seems.
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Volleyball