2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby sportsfan111 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:32 pm

Shame on whoever decided/voted that the senior athlete of the year award be given to just Anna Holen and not both her and Jackie Mickeljohn.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:18 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:Shame on whoever decided/voted that the senior athlete of the year award be given to just Anna Holen and not both her and Jackie Mickeljohn.

so shame on everyone that voted? I'm doubting Mickeljohn was on the ballot.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby sportsfan111 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Flip wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:Shame on whoever decided/voted that the senior athlete of the year award be given to just Anna Holen and not both her and Jackie Mickeljohn.

so shame on everyone that voted? I'm doubting Mickeljohn was on the ballot.


They were awarded co-senior athletes of the year in district 5 and region 3, so yes, she was on the ballot.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Flip wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:Shame on whoever decided/voted that the senior athlete of the year award be given to just Anna Holen and not both her and Jackie Mickeljohn.

so shame on everyone that voted? I'm doubting Mickeljohn was on the ballot.


She was likely on the ballot as she was announced as a nominee...my guess is that it was a vote on ONE player only ballot
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13647
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:08 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:They were awarded co-senior athletes of the year in district 5 and region 3, so yes, she was on the ballot.

my mistake
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby heimer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Man, maybe every Loboe senior ever should win an award.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby sportsfan111 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:54 pm

heimer wrote:Man, maybe every Loboe senior ever should win an award.


Mickeljohn is the best setter I’ve ever witnessed in class B volleyball. I’m not saying she is more important than Anna Holen, but they are for sure equally responsible for the successes Lamoure has had.
sportsfan111
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:02 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:
heimer wrote:Man, maybe every Loboe senior ever should win an award.


Mickeljohn is the best setter I’ve ever witnessed in class B volleyball. I’m not saying she is more important than Anna Holen, but they are for sure equally responsible for the successes Lamoure has had.


Once again...going to assume it was a ONE PERSON voting ballot...not a vote by region ballot. Meiklejohn is good but an award doesn't define your season/career; it's just a plaque and recognition. There are LOTS of good players showcasing their talents this weekend...and several that, unfortunately, didn't make it to the State Tournament.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13647
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby BBfan4life » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:48 pm

I thought the setter for Langdon was as good as mickeljohn if not better...she played that to almost perfection(hill from Langdon). not to take anything away from micklejohn but if you understand the setting position, hill was fantastic
BBfan4life
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:23 am

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby heimer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:09 am

Amazing. Now our Region 3 friends think they deserve two senior athletes of the year.

In case the rest of you haven't heard, Region 3 and district 5 are the greatest thing God ever invented. Just ask them.

It's a one - person award. Get over yourselves.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby sportslover77 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:13 am

Can someone please explain who votes on all tournament and what is the criteria?
sportslover77
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:18 am

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby heimer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:16 am

How about shame on Region 3 for not following the spirit of the award and awarding one SAOTY. But, Region 3 and its corrupt supers haven't ever worried about adding rules and bending them to serve their own purposes. If Region 3 can't figure it out, maybe Holen should be stripped of the award for Region 3s indecision.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby heimer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 am

BBfan4life wrote:I thought the setter for Langdon was as good as mickeljohn if not better...she played that to almost perfection(hill from Langdon). not to take anything away from micklejohn but if you understand the setting position, hill was fantastic


You forgot that the state tournament is all about LaMoure and Region 3. Once you understand this, you'll be able to understand their argument.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:23 am

heimer wrote:You forgot that the state tournament is all about LaMoure and Region 3. Once you understand this, you'll be able to understand their argument.

Holy sweet get over yourself.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby heimer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:33 am

Just warming up. When people think every kid from Region 3 deserves a medal, I got a lot to say. Don't like it, ban me.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby sportsfan111 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:16 am

heimer wrote:Just warming up. When people think every kid from Region 3 deserves a medal, I got a lot to say. Don't like it, ban me.


I might be mistaken but I am almost positive I only claimed two kids from Region 3 deserved the “medal”. :D Don’t worry next year the tournament won’t be all about Lamoure. Pretty hard for it not to be this year when they win the state championship 25-10, 25-12, 25-14...
sportsfan111
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby sportsphenom » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:51 am

Wow Heimer you seriously need to get over yourself. Don't take away the fact that Holen is a super athlete. She deserves this, she is one of the sweetest hardest working high schoolers you would ever meet. Please acknowledge that. And the person that said Hill is better than Meiklejohn is laughable. I've seen them both play numerous times and I would take Meiklejohn hands down over her. Nothing against Hill but Meiklejohn is a step ahead. These 2 girls just did something special, man what I wouldn't give to do something like that with my best friend. Give credit where credit is due, they worked their butts off for years, they are an inspiration to the younger athletes, please commend them.
sportsphenom
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Holen is a once in a generation type player - hands down the best player in the state, no question, not close.

Now someone explain this - how does Ronningen form Langdon Munich Edmore finish 2nd in kills, 2nd in aces, and 4th in blocks in the tourney and NOT MAKE the all tournament team?? Did 15 other players have a better tournament than her? That's laughable, and the coaches who voted on that should be ashamed.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby heimer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Yes, Holen is the best B player in the state. Haven't seen her against A talent, but I've seen her play, and there isn't an A team that wouldn't want her.

That being said, if she's the best in the state, she's clearly the best in Region 3. But Region 3 tried to stack the deck, didn't they? They couldn't acknowledge what we all clearly know.

This reeks of how LaMoure does business. They wanted co-players of the year, they wanted more of their players to get recognition, and they clearly bent the rules. This is what they do.

If Region 3 can't nominate someone, they should forfeit their right to representation. They have one job and they didn't do it, even with the best player in the state in display.

So, if Region 3 can't acknowledge it, why should I? Maybe it's time Region 3 wakes up and realizes it's not that special.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:Holen is a once in a generation type player - hands down the best player in the state, no question, not close.

Now someone explain this - how does Ronningen form Langdon Munich Edmore finish 2nd in kills, 2nd in aces, and 4th in blocks in the tourney and NOT MAKE the all tournament team?? Did 15 other players have a better tournament than her? That's laughable, and the coaches who voted on that should be ashamed.


Isn't all-tourney by the media? I agree was baffled not seeing her named
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13647
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby BBfan4life » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:41 pm

sportsphenom wrote:Wow Heimer you seriously need to get over yourself. Don't take away the fact that Holen is a super athlete. She deserves this, she is one of the sweetest hardest working high schoolers you would ever meet. Please acknowledge that. And the person that said Hill is better than Meiklejohn is laughable. I've seen them both play numerous times and I would take Meiklejohn hands down over her. Nothing against Hill but Meiklejohn is a step ahead. These 2 girls just did something special, man what I wouldn't give to do something like that with my best friend. Give credit where credit is due, they worked their butts off for years, they are an inspiration to the younger athletes, please commend them.


It doesn't really matter who is the better setter..they both, along with class A setter from Jamestown and hegerle from west fargo, probably 4 of the best I have seen compete, have certainly set the bar high in the setting position for the younger athletes coming up. People pay attention to the setting position today because of athletes like these.
BBfan4life
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:23 am

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby airmail » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:26 pm

sportsfan111 wrote:Shame on whoever decided/voted that the senior athlete of the year award be given to just Anna Holen and not both her and Jackie Mickeljohn.


Flying Wallenda wrote:Now someone explain this - how does Ronningen form Langdon Munich Edmore finish 2nd in kills, 2nd in aces, and 4th in blocks in the tourney and NOT MAKE the all tournament team?? Did 15 other players have a better tournament than her? That's laughable, and the coaches who voted on that should be ashamed.


Lots of shame going around; here's my take:
1) A. Holen deserved it... maybe others did too, but that's life.
2) The girls recognized on the all tournament team deserved it... maybe others did too, but that's life.
3) Let's get rid of individual awards. We adults just can't handle it.
airmail
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby hockeynut » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:56 pm

Adults (so I assume) arguing about individual awards. Sad.
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:32 am

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:Holen is a once in a generation type player - hands down the best player in the state, no question, not close.

Now someone explain this - how does Ronningen form Langdon Munich Edmore finish 2nd in kills, 2nd in aces, and 4th in blocks in the tourney and NOT MAKE the all tournament team?? Did 15 other players have a better tournament than her? That's laughable, and the coaches who voted on that should be ashamed.


Isn't all-tourney by the media? I agree was baffled not seeing her named

Regional runner up coaches vote on this.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Re: 2017 STATE TOURNAMENT

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:15 pm

airmail wrote:
sportsfan111 wrote:Shame on whoever decided/voted that the senior athlete of the year award be given to just Anna Holen and not both her and Jackie Mickeljohn.


Flying Wallenda wrote:Now someone explain this - how does Ronningen form Langdon Munich Edmore finish 2nd in kills, 2nd in aces, and 4th in blocks in the tourney and NOT MAKE the all tournament team?? Did 15 other players have a better tournament than her? That's laughable, and the coaches who voted on that should be ashamed.


Lots of shame going around; here's my take:
1) A. Holen deserved it... maybe others did too, but that's life.
2) The girls recognized on the all tournament team deserved it... maybe others did too, but that's life.
3) Let's get rid of individual awards. We adults just can't handle it.

Dynamite response! Sure put me in my place!!
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Volleyball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest