Volleyball 2007

Postby Carl08 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:43 pm

Pretty intense atmosphere at the Shanley-South game Thursday.  South won 3-1 but it was a great game to watch.  South was obviously the better team but I have a feeling the Shanley team will keep improving with every game.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby ghetto*revival » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:40 pm

the shanley south game was nuts the only thing that i didnt really get was the "get deep" sign sax had
ghetto*revival

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:49 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:the shanley south game was nuts the only thing that i didnt really get was the "get deep" sign sax had

I was at the game also. I enjoyed the "God loves us for free" sign held up by south. Was a priceless moment. Pretty nuts game. The "Get Deep" sign, if I'm correct, refers to Golf, where players are teeing off and they are shooting "deep", or getting a good shot/doing well. I could be wrong though, but that's what I took it as. (Maybe a subliminal message too, I don't know)
Last edited by HockeyHigh on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:15 am

Baller wrote:
rep wrote:honestly, it surprises me there isn't one. but i don't know if i'd be the right guy to handle that...it would take a lot of work and i think an outlet with a few more people to pick up the slack for the work that goes into it would probably be better served taking it. 

one problem i can see right away: it seems like some coaches keep track of their records differently...some factor it by matches won, i've run across some that go by games won, some just go by district wins and losses and of course there are some that just don't keep track.

i kind of expected that when volleyball moved to the fall the sport as a whole would take off a bit...i figured when it wasn't going up against boys' basketball the interest in it would grow. about the only volleyball matches i get to are in town, has anyone else seen that or has it stayed the same or dropped?

I have a seen a lot more interest in it especially class A...more ATHLETES are playing the fall sport rather than taking the winter off.

games are used when the teams are in tourneys and they play pool play with multiple teams.....but that shouldn't take away whether or not a team gets ranked in a state poll.......but i still think a state poll would work......all ranking is really subjective anyway......
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:12 am

West Fargo beat Shanley at home last night to move to (8-0) EDC (15-3) overall  girls are playing bery well right now and I believe have a two-game lead in the EDC  any word on the west?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:42 am

Haven't heard anything....but Demons beat Century 3-1, and the Jmst Sun doesn't have any vb postings.....NDHSAA website on vb is messed up so not getting much info there
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:27 am

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:Haven't heard anything....but Demons beat Century 3-1, and the Jmst Sun doesn't have any vb postings.....NDHSAA website on vb is messed up so not getting much info there

this is the EDC site

http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcvb/

Here are WDA Standings

http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcvb/WDAStandings.html
Last edited by Baller on Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:19 am

yeah, but that's just standings......no real info other than that.......
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:25 pm

okay, vb is almost over with, where do the different regions stand?

who's looking tough at this point in the year......

dist 1 - FCT, Wyndmere, Lisbon

dist 2 - No Cass, Oak Grove, Enderlin, Central Cass

dist 3 - Thompson

dis 4 - PRFL, Cavalier

dist 5 - LaMoure

dist 6 - Linton, S-D

dist 7 - lakota

dist 8 - Minn-Leeds, Langdon

dist 9 -Center/Stanton

dist 10 -Turt Lake/Mercer

dist 11 -

dist 12 - Kenmare

dist 13 - Mott/Regent

dist 14 - DT, Rich-Tay

dist 15 - Stanley

dist 16 - Ray
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:48 am

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:okay, vb is almost over with, where do the different regions stand?

who's looking tough at this point in the year......

dist 1 - FCT, Wyndmere, Lisbon

dist 2 - No Cass, Oak Grove, Enderlin, Central Cass

dist 3 - Thompson

dis 4 - PRFL, Cavalier

dist 5 - LaMoure

dist 6 - Linton, S-D

dist 7 - lakota

dist 8 - Minn-Leeds, Langdon

dist 9 -Center/Stanton

dist 10 -Turt Lake/Mercer

dist 11 -

dist 12 - Kenmare

dist 13 - Mott/Regent

dist 14 - DT, Rich-Tay

dist 15 - Stanley

dist 16 - Ray
You have to put MPCG and Hillsboro into consideration too.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby mplsfan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:13 am

Why no district 11 pick. Bottineau has had their way with every team in the district. Not even close. I see them as behind Kenmare and maybe Our Redeemers in the region though.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:37 am

know people in just about every region but that one so my info is skewed
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:40 am

In class A,  the West Fargo girls man-handled south last night 3-0 to remain undefeated in the EDC and earn a two-game lead.  They were so jacked up for last night's game and it showed when Junior Sarah Denne got a set from Sadie Doggett and the kill nailed South's Katy Duvall in the face.  Embarassing but also hilarious.  Those girls are playing phenomonal after a little stumble in the Fargo tourney and will be a force to be reckoned with at state, if not the favorites since they have defeated every team in the west but J-town, and WF would win that one easily.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby BlackSox » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:00 am

vballfan06 wrote:Here would be my picks for class B:

Region 1: Lisbon (they return pretty much everyone from the state tournament team)

Kindred, Central Cass, and Oakes (Kathy Warren always has competitive teams)

Region 2: I think is wide-open: Park River (they have Jenny Heggen), Thompson, MPCG, and Hillsboro

Region 3: who knows, that region is so weak... probably between Steele, Linton, and LaMoure

Region 4: North Star and Langdon

Region 5: Center-Stanton

Region 6: it'll be a battle between Kenmare, Bottineau, and Our Redeemer's---I think this will be the toughest region in the state.

Region 7: Beulah, Hazen, Dickinson Trinity

Region 8: Tioga, Divide County, Watford City, and Ray

I realize alot of these teams graduate a lot of talent, but it seems in Class B volleyball the same coaches are successful year after year.  I think there's alot of Class B coaches with very little volleyball knowledge, which is why you see most of the same teams at the top, year after year.

I would have to go with Hillsboro for region 2.  They won the state title last year and i think they could come out strong again out of the region.
BlackSox

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:17 am

BlackSox wrote:
vballfan06 wrote:Here would be my picks for class B:

Region 1: Lisbon (they return pretty much everyone from the state tournament team)

Kindred, Central Cass, and Oakes (Kathy Warren always has competitive teams)

Region 2: I think is wide-open: Park River (they have Jenny Heggen), Thompson, MPCG, and Hillsboro

Region 3: who knows, that region is so weak... probably between Steele, Linton, and LaMoure

Region 4: North Star and Langdon

Region 5: Center-Stanton

Region 6: it'll be a battle between Kenmare, Bottineau, and Our Redeemer's---I think this will be the toughest region in the state.

Region 7: Beulah, Hazen, Dickinson Trinity

Region 8: Tioga, Divide County, Watford City, and Ray

I realize alot of these teams graduate a lot of talent, but it seems in Class B volleyball the same coaches are successful year after year.  I think there's alot of Class B coaches with very little volleyball knowledge, which is why you see most of the same teams at the top, year after year.

I would have to go with Hillsboro for region 2.  They won the state title last year and i think they could come out strong again out of the region.

region 1 will not be kindred...they're having an off year
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vballfan06 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:39 am

I'll agree with you there---but in my defense this was a year ago that I posted! If I were given the shot, I'd change a few of my picks:  Especially everything from region 1, and in region 8 i'd remove tioga and watford city...and add stanley.

Region 1, has to be the most up and down area of the state.  I have a friend that coaches in that region, and says that no one really stands out---and pretty much everyone has knocked at least one team off.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:10 am

I don't believe Lisbon will get by FCT or Oak Grove and possibly not Enderlin or No Cass......each of these teams has beaten Lisbon, some fairly handily
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby loveclassB BB » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:30 am

The region 5 championship game should be between Center-Stanton and Turtle Lake Mercer (but anything's possible in volleyball;)).  These 2 teams have matched up 3 times this year and CS has prevailed each match.  That said, all of the sets were very close scores in every game.  They were pretty much back and forth. It's tough to beat a team that you match up against so well 4 times in a season so...don't count TLM out! If they're on their game they have as good a chance as Center.
loveclassB BB
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Number7 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:25 am

WF girls defeated Grand Forks RR last night 3-2 and improved to 12-0 in EDC.  They are on fire and have all but locked up the #1 seed in EDC and have also beat every team out west.  They are dominate and on fire right now, and I dont think anyone right now can knock them off.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Re: Volleyball 2007

Postby unanimous » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:11 am

y'all wanna know a surprising district...district eight. That district is so messed up....I think the four team that will make it are Langdon, St.john, Rolette, and Cando...but then again, leeds might go too....what's everyones elses opinion....who do y'all think will get all-district?
unanimous

Postby imperials » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:02 pm

district 6
#1 LINTON-HMB
#2 STEELE-DAWSON
#3 NAPOLEON
#4 STRASBURG-ZEELAND
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:34 am

District 13 matchups tomorrow

3rd place game
Hettinger
vs.
Heart River

Championship
New England
vs.
Bowman County
project-pat

Postby jkaiz » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:53 pm

For the west as of right now. I would have
1. Bismarck High
2. Minot
3. Dickinson
4. Century

But, they are all pretty good teams, I don't see a completely dominant team, it's just a matter of who shows up to play when WDA rolls around..
jkaiz

Postby Number7 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:37 pm

EDC
1. West Fargo 15-0
2. Fargo South 13-2
3. Fargo Shanley 11-4
4. GF Red River 11-5

Thats the top 4 and they should all go to state #5 team is ten games out of first at 5-10
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby HitManHoops » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:54 am

West fargo topped off their regular season with a win in 4 games against shanley. No doubt wf is a dominant team but i was surprised that shanley took them to four, and the first game was a close one. West fargo went on some runs that shanley couldn't come back to. But congrats to wf, let the regionals begin!!
HitManHoops

PreviousNext

Return to Volleyball